• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the new guy on the block

goalseter88

imported post

well the title states it. i the new guy here. i been reading a lot of what you guys have been posting and think this is one of the best sites i seen.

here a bit about myself i 23 from springfield, got my CCW permit, NRA member.got a full sized SA xd40 as my CCW gun and yes some ppl tell me thats to big of a gun buti can conceal it just fine so hopefully i wont get a billion replies telling me to change to a smaller concealment gun. and a plinker ruger mark III, and a bushmaster AR-15. and i love my guns to death and not about to let the goverment infringe on my gun rights.

but was wanting to know if there any groups formed to protest legisllation of anti gun laws. weither its state or city. and seeing this website main purpose is open carry i figure theirs a lot of things we could be doing in that. from trying to get signatures for citys that ban them to picketing. if there a group some where on the lowers parts of MO that already formed doing this or ppl who like to mabye start a group email me at neeed4speed@mchsi.com. it be cool to start something especially if i got some ppl that might have more experience then i do to help.

Article1section23

imported post

goalseter88 wrote:
well the title states it. i the new guy here. i been reading a lot of what you guys have been posting and think this is one of the best sites i seen.

here a bit about myself i 23 from springfield, got my CCW permit, NRA member.got a full sized SA xd40 as my CCW gun and yes some ppl tell me thats to big of a gun buti can conceal it just fine so hopefully i wont get a billion replies telling me to change to a smaller concealment gun. and a plinker ruger mark III, and a bushmaster AR-15. and i love my guns to death and not about to let the goverment infringe on my gun rights.

but was wanting to know if there any groups formed to protest legisllation of anti gun laws. weither its state or city. and seeing this website main purpose is open carry i figure theirs a lot of things we could be doing in that. from trying to get signatures for citys that ban them to picketing. if there a group some where on the lowers parts of MO that already formed doing this or ppl who like to mabye start a group email me at neeed4speed@mchsi.com. it be cool to start something especially if i got some ppl that might have more experience then i do to help.
Hey Goal,

Right now we are trying to get HB 2150 passed and this is going to take care of a lot of issues in MO. Also try http://www.missouricarry.com Just trying to help, when you are posting, hit the ABC with a check mark under it (top right). This is the spell check button.

Welcome aboard, can you let us know how you found out about the site?

Broondog

imported post

hi-ya new guy. welcome to the board.

as far as OC reform, you could start by contacting your state Rep about HB2150. you can read more about that here....http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/38090.html

if you don't know who your Rep is, you can find that info here...http://house.mo.gov/

and find your state Senator here....http://www.senate.mo.gov/

get involved in the legislative process. let them know how you feel, what you support or don't support. you can do this locally too but is easier to do face to face. do some research and contact those that can get things done. if you don't like what they are doing, let them know that you can help them to lose their job.

as for local to you groups, start asking around. good places to start are at the hardware store, barber shop or the local mechanic's shop, especially if you are rural. or ask around at the local pub. just talk to folks in general. eventually you find the info that you seek.

it would also help if your location was posted in your profile so we could possibly help direct you in the right direction. for instance, on very pro OC guy on here is a Sheriff in West Plains (if i recall right) but that may not be your area.

goalseter88

imported post

Shawn wrote:
Welcome aboard, can you let us know how you found out about the site?
ty for the replies. and as far as where i found this website was. i just googling gun rallying and came across the starbucks debate going on over in california which had a link in the article for this website.

and i also updated my profile with location,email etc. I already got all my senator,rep etc details and i will contact them soon once i get a final message ready that says all that i want to say.

patriotthad

imported post

Lets get the legislation passed that Broondog was talking about, if it means a trip to Jeff City, or calling our reps and senators.