• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just got e checked at Wal mart.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not that you did anything wrong, but maybe next time you can:

• Request to speak with the store manager to verify corporate policy.
  • Refuse to drive until the police have left.
  • Have the unarmed friend drive the vehicle so that they can't force ID.
Just thoughts.

Wc

imported post

Maybe they stopping you at the school zone:question:

yellowneck86

imported post

When they stopped me my gun was already unholstered and in the back of my trunk. I live in a cluster fnck of victim disarmament zones so I took the caution of locking my glock in my trunk. Finds out I really did have a burnt out license plate bulb and I replaced it the next morning.

The officer just gave me back my info and gave me a warning. We shook hands and he drove off.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

yellowneck86 wrote:
When they stopped me my gun was already unholstered and in the back of my trunk. I live in a cluster fnck of victim disarmament zones so I took the caution of locking my glock in my trunk.

Do it, always, don't fail in this, please. Especially since you're already being targeted.

If employees ask you to leave, its pretty much the same thing as being asked by the manager, you can clarify policy later, you don't want to resist being asked to leave, at that point you may as well be trespassing.

Wc

imported post

yellowneck86 wrote:
(After checked your ID) He asked me if my gun was still in my holster. I told him I have it in my trunk.
yellowneck86 wrote:
When they stopped me my gun was already unholstered and in the back of my trunk. I live in a cluster fnck of victim disarmament zones so I took the caution of locking my glock in my trunk. Finds out I really did have a burnt out license plate bulb and I replaced it the next morning.

The officer just gave me back my info and gave me a warning. We shook hands and he drove off.
(Don't mind if I ask about you got a warning for what? It just that's unusual after fixed.)

I'm aware of that,just wonder why he asked you about your gun again. Really wonder if the officer did come-up with another trick to stop you within thousand feet of the public or private K,1-12 school zone. If not, they might not know is legal to drive with it. No problem in good old day until the zone laws. And now, yes, "always" put the guns in locked case or in truck because no one’s having any idea where is the school while driving with open carrying weapon at all the time.

Anyone notice how many a private posted sign of “Kindergarten” school in the area and it is the same as “Pre-school” isn’t defining by law? What if, they aren’t really a kindergarten age? Too much school zone area isn’t it? The "private K" defined should be removing. Yes, I know about coming in June but is still isn’t a dream for now.

Other factor, I don'tit is the law or DA policy. I read a few cases of state wide included myself are not about OC, after you're free to go andcannot be the same officer to confronting you again. Something to do with avoid of conflict and safely reason.

Remember, law enforcement have a right to lies but can’t lie in court per U.S. Supreme Court.

Above all, you did well and thanks for educationwith us.

poothrowingape

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Was your license plate light actually out. If it was, you should have gotten a fixit ticket, or they wanted to run your ID.I thought WalMart was OC friendly.
not necesarily. Ive learned froma fewof my teachers(all ex cops) that it's best to not write a fix-it ticket especially on people they think are "sketchy" that way any other police officer can usethe broken bulb,obstructed license plate, etc.as a reason to pull you over whenever theywant,when they really justwant to sniff around.

Gundude

imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
Gundude wrote:
Was your license plate light actually out. If it was, you should have gotten a fixit ticket, or they wanted to run your ID.I thought WalMart was OC friendly.
not necesarily. Ive learned froma fewof my teachers(all ex cops) that it's best to not write a fix-it ticket especially on people they think are "sketchy" that way any other police officer can usethe broken bulb,obstructed license plate, etc.as a reason to pull you over whenever theywant,when they really justwant to sniff around.
Many yrs ago, when I was a truck driver, an Oregon Trooper pulled me over. His messages was, "there have been reports that the trucks in this area had been speeding and I should tell all of them to slow down." I asked him why he stopped me, he said, "one of your marker lights blinked off and on." I asked, "How did that happen, they weren't on." He smiled and walked away.

Pace

imported post

No, actually they are saving their ass. Think about it. They know one group doesnt carry audio recorder, the other .. well...

MudCamper wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
This is bugging me.

1) I am peeved that people keep saying they are with "open carry." Seriously, wtf? Like it is some organization. Geez
Yes, LEO appear to keep asking that question. Perhaps many of them just can't get past a group-think mentality. They are members of a group. They are used to dealing with criminal gangs. They assume that "open carry" means a membership like group. The individualistic liberty-minded citizen is an anomaly they can't quite understand.