Thread: New BBQ for OCDO Picnic

Post imported post

I want one really bad. Figured this would be acceptable for a VCDL and OCDO BBQ.

AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
    I want one really bad. Figured this would be acceptable for a VCDL and OCDO BBQ.
    I'm confused - to what does this new thread refer?

Are you coming back to Va. and want to plan/attend a BBQ?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Bullbuster wrote:

Yata hey
    I'm betting that he meant to post a picture of one of those BBQ stations/grills in the shape of a handgun.

I'm on the internet too much.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Bullbuster wrote:

Yata hey
    I'm betting that he meant to post a picture of one of those BBQ stations/grills in the shape of a handgun.

I'm on the internet too much.
    I'm right there with you.

And please, let's not start a "what caliber is best for ribs" debate.

Just grill what you're comfortable with, and make sure to practice.

As long as it's bigger than a .22

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Bullbuster wrote:

Yata hey
    Actually I may be back in the Norfolk area here soon for work for about 2 weeks. If an OC dinner is happening then I will attend provided I can get away and have a way of getting to it. However can us see a BBQ like this being used at any of the picnics hosted by VCDL and OCDO folks. "Guns Save Lives" can also apply in this case to starvation".

I understand its a bit OT for OC but come one someone would have posted it at some point. I miss all the events y'all put on and only wish the folks here on Oklahoma could band together like VIRGINIANS do. The battle over OC here is heated. May Pro 2nd don't want it some wanted it only by permit others like me say no permit. As is the CCW laws are tricky and even a small amount of printing can lead to troubles with LEO's. Not to mention the process for a permit is a bunch of BS.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?

Post imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
    Actually I may be back in the Norfolk area here soon for work for about 2 weeks. If an OC dinner is happening then I will attend provided I can get away and have a way of getting to it. However can us see a BBQ like this being used at any of the picnics hosted by VCDL and OCDO folks. "Guns Save Lives" can also apply in this case to starvation".

I understand its a bit OT for OC but come one someone would have posted it at some point. I miss all the events y'all put on and only wish the folks here on Oklahoma could band together like VIRGINIANS do. The battle over OC here is heated. May Pro 2nd don't want it some wanted it only by permit others like me say no permit. As is the CCW laws are tricky and even a small amount of printing can lead to troubles with LEO's. Not to mention the process for a permit is a bunch of BS.
    Coming to a location near you soon.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/39227.html

I'm sure someone could arrange transport.

BTW - I'd "sooner" be in Virginia, OK? :P

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Is this available for propane or charcoal?
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    Is this available for propane or charcoal?
    There are others - all seem to be custom made.

Google Best BBQ grill ever and don't ask how much + shipping - UPS will love you.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Why do I have this funny feeling that such a grill is against the law in Great Britain, and probably every schoolyard in the USA?

:?

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    Why do I have this funny feeling that such a grill is against the law in Great Britain, and probably every schoolyard in the USA?

That just gave me a REALLY twisted idea...

Imagine the frantic scrambling among the faculty, staff and campus police if an SCCC group showed up with one of these in the stadium parking lot for the tailgating party before a football game at some university!!!

I may have to get me one of those grills...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:

Why!?......Because they have a zero tolerance policy in both!

A Gun Free Zone; is a Gun Free Zone!

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:

That just gave me a REALLY twisted idea...

Imagine the frantic scrambling among the faculty, staff and campus police if an SCCC group showed up with one of these in the stadium parking lot for the tailgating party before a football game at some university!!!

I may have to get me one of those grills...
    Dreamer, make that dream come true!

"If you build it, they will come!" Oh sorry wrong game!

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Bullbuster wrote:

Coming to a location near you soon.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/39227.html

I'm sure someone could arrange transport.

BTW - I'd "sooner" be in Virginia, OK? :P

Yata hey

I'll never be a sooner fan. I'm a proud UW Husky fan. :celebrateBut I too would rather be in VA. Y'all got it done this year with new laws.:celebrate Most here are scared to say or hear "OC":what:. Many that do want it want it by permit only. The rest of the country could learn a thing or two from VA.
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?