• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington State man shoots would-be murderer

cynicist

imported post

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2010/03/02/man-charged-with-attempted-murder

YAKIMA, Wash. -- A 47-year-old Yakima man awaiting trial on a charge of child rape now stands accused of trying to kill the girl.
Kurt Dean Bonser made his first appearance on on the attempted murder charge Tuesday in Yakima County Superior Court.
According to charging documents, Bonser was shot Sunday night by a man who told police he saw the suspect pull a female victim out of a vehicle by her hair, hit her in the head multiple times with a large rock and kick her as she lay on the ground in an alley behind the witness' residence in the 300 block of Union Street.
The witness told police he came outside with a hunting rifle and confronted the suspect, who got in his vehicle and appeared ready to run over the victim. When the witness fired a shot through the windshield, the suspect put the vehicle in reverse and fled, according to court documents.
The girl was treated at a hospital for her injuries.
Police later found Bonser at a local hospital, where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the hand and shoulder.
Bonser is facing trial on a third-degree rape of a child charge for allegedly impregnating the victim in Sunday night's beating when she was 14 or 15. Her child was born in 2008, and she is the protected person named in a sexual assault protective order and a Superior Court restraining order that are in effect against Bonser.
The child rape trial was recently continued and is scheduled for April 12.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i think a perfect punishment for rapists would be some birdshot to the genitals,painful...and you know they wouldnt be doin it again!

+1 for savin the girl

Suburban78

imported post

Better yet, after conviction, he should just be put to death. That poor girl will suffer the rest of her life and I sure don't want to pay for his room and board for the rest of his life while he takes up more space in are already over crowded prisons.

EDIT: Since a few folks are so worried about being PC with our opinions about kidnapping, sadistic, murdering criminals on this board I gave up my RIGHT to freedom of speech to keep them and others happy! Guess I should stop OCing now also as not to offend anyone...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

IMO - we should report the facts and respond with some degree of restraint.

Some comments/replies throughout this forum - especially the more graphic ones - reflect poorly on OCDO. They give the impression that indeed we are not in control of our emotions - the very thing of which the antis accuse us. ymmv

Yata hey

We-the-People

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Some comments/replies throughout this forum - especially the more graphic ones - reflect poorly on OCDO.  They give the impression that indeed we are not in control of our emotions - the very thing of which the antis accuse us.  ymmv

Yata hey

+1

I am a bit tired of people posting things that reflect poorly on our movement, it's already hard enough as it is. I'm not going to name names, but I'm pretty sure everybody knows who some of these people are.

That being said, kudos to the dude for saving that girl.

Edited for spelling

eye95

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Some comments/replies throughout this forum - especially the more graphic ones - reflect poorly on OCDO. They give the impression that indeed we are not in control of our emotions - the very thing of which the antis accuse us. ymmv

Yata hey

+1

I am a bit tired of people posting things that reflect poorly on our movement, it's already hard enough as it is. I'm not going to name names, but I'm pretty sure everybody knows who some of these people are.

Edited for spelling
+1 each

Maybe we each should apply a "gun nut" test to our posts before clicking the send button: Would a rational person, who has not yet made up his mind on the issue of OC, say to himself, "hmmmmm...." or would he say, "There goes just another gun nut!"

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Nikki_Black wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Some comments/replies throughout this forum - especially the more graphic ones - reflect poorly on OCDO.  They give the impression that indeed we are not in control of our emotions - the very thing of which the antis accuse us.  ymmv

Yata hey

+1

Edited for spelling
+1 each

Maybe we each should apply a "gun nut" test to our posts before clicking the send button:  Would a rational person, who has not yet made up his mind on the issue of OC, say to himself, "hmmmmm...." or would he say, "There goes just another gun nut!"

+1 for the above statements. I have my personal beliefs on what punishments fit what crimes and I'm sure you do as well. Leave it out of this forum. This forum will be looked at over and over again by people that are pro gun AND anti gun.

Let us make logical arguments and state facts... PEACEFULLY. Leave all the rest to yourself at home. PLEASE!?!

Suburban78

imported post

Mr.FiredUp wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Nikki_Black wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

+1

Edited for spelling
+1 each

Maybe we each should apply a "gun nut" test to our posts before clicking the send button:  Would a rational person, who has not yet made up his mind on the issue of OC, say to himself, "hmmmmm...." or would he say, "There goes just another gun nut!"

+1 for the above statements. I have my personal beliefs on what punishments fit what crimes and I'm sure you do as well. Leave it out of this forum. This forum will be looked at over and over again by people that are pro gun AND anti gun.

Let us make logical arguments and state facts... PEACEFULLY. Leave all the rest to yourself at home. PLEASE!?!
Better yet, after conviction, he should just be put to death. That poor girl will suffer the rest of her life and I sure don't want to pay for his room and board for the rest of his life while he takes up more space in are already over crowded prisons.

EDIT: Since a few folks are so worried about being PC with our opinions about kidnapping, sadistic, murdering criminals on this board I gave up my RIGHT to freedom of speech to keep them and others happy! Guess I should stop OCing now also as not to offend anyone...

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Suburban78 wrote:
Mr.FiredUp wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Nikki_Black wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

+1

Edited for spelling
+1 each

I (and others) would never ask you to give up your right to free speech or the right to open carry. All I ask is that you put those comments in another place. All we are trying to do here is push forward the 2a right we have protected. I am not saying I agree or disagree with you, I just ask you to please put down these thoughts in other places.

We may have many common grounds, but, we can talk about these things elsewhere. This is not the place. Please?

simmonsjoe

imported post

Suburban78 wrote:

Rape=Death Sentence. there is nothing wrong with that.

Nikki_Black

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Suburban78 wrote:

Rape=Death Sentence.  there is nothing wrong with that.
With that, I can not disagree. In my mind, rape is 1000x worse than murder. Especially if it involves the rape of an underage child.

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i think a perfect punishment for rapists would be some birdshot to the genitals,painful...and you know they wouldnt be doin it again!

I have a better idea. I believe all sex offenders, especially against children, should be castrated and then put on an island in the middle of the ocean away from the population for the rest of their lives. The penalty for an attempted escape: life in a 5x5 concrete room until they pass away. No human contact... ever again.

I think it would work. Let's start a petition to put this into law! Anyone wanna sign up?

EDIT: I also don't want to pay for them to live in prison. If convicted, execution is warranted.

That may be a bit extreme because the Bible says:

"He who sheds mans blood, by man shall his blood be shed." -Genius 9:6

But I think we can make an exception for rapists.

boredstudent

imported post

SsevenN wrote:
That guy is one sick puppy. Good shoot, I wonder what caliber the rifle was?
Good reason, maybe decent shot depending on range. but Good shot would have been headshot. No need to put him to trail and pay for his care.

Also, I like the idea of island for the child rapists. Have you ever seen the running man or battle royal? We could make it a reality tv show of the fights to the death. And well there is no leaving but we might air drop the winner of a contest some extra food and Micheal Jackson dvd

Nikki_Black

imported post

We're not asking you to give up your 1a rights, we're just asking you to think before you talk. This site is about trying to forward our cause by showing that gun owners are for the most part, not crazy rednecks who think we should all go around shooting anybody who gives us the stink eye. (Though, I must admit that I do have a bit of a redneck side sometimes.) Like Mr.FiredUp pointed out; this site isn't only looked at by pro 2a people like all of us, but also anti's who are just looking for a reason to cause trouble.

No offenses meant to you, Suburban78. We're all guilty of not turning our brain to mouth filter on, myself included. On many occasions.