• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KSL "Night Side Project" Anti-OC!

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

Last night KSL "Night Side Project" Talk show Host Ethan Miller said: "I am paraphasing here; "I don't get the point of Open Carry, it is all about being mucho and scaring people, offending the public, the movement started with "Red-Necks" in NC of all places!" They were discussing the Starbucks event that was in the news yesterday.

I called and told them that if more people OCed then it would not be a big deal and "people" would not be so scared of guns."

He also said, that only guys that dress and look like an over-duty cop can get away with ocing. Polo shirt tucked in, cargo pants, short military hair cut!" I thought he has never been to an OC event has he! Ethan Miller also stated; That having a gun out in the open on your hip, is right in the face of people and that the first thing the "public" sees is the gun."

I thought how many people in a store, especially the clerk do not even notice mine gun? As for being scary I told him; "yeah I look real scary buying cookies at the store with my 2 & 5 yo sons!" You all should have seen my 2 yo OCing his 6 shooter (plastic toy gun)and cowboy hat yesterday while going to the store! He was walking with that cowboy swagger, saying , "Yee Haw" and even drew on someone coming around the corner! I had to tell him, holster your sidearm Cowboy! :lol:

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

BILLYBADBOY wrote:
perhaps you should teach your little one some gun safety rules before he gets into trouble.

:?Are you serious?:shock: He is 2 years old dude! Relax!

What better way for him to learn then to "touch the stove and get burned" so to say? Meaning, after enough times of him doing that he will learn not to draw his "Sidearm" in public! The lady who "walked up on him" laughed and thought it was cute! People smiled and greeted him as Cowboy!"

I was CCing at the time since my little partner was OCing, we didn't want to "scare" someone like you! :lol:

Brigham Young

imported post

Project Nightside is hosted by a couple of liberal pansies. I bet they live in the Avenues.

rpyne

imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
:?Are you serious?:shock: He is 2 years old dude! Relax!
Deadly serious!

Children need to start learning gun safety as soon as they are big enough to pick up a toy gun. It is far easier to teach them proper handling habit than it is to change those habits later.

Almost without exception, kids who get killed by accidental shooting are kids who have not been taught proper handling.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

rpyne wrote:
Almost without exception, kids who get killed by accidental shooting are kids who have not been taught proper handling
Thank you, Gun Yoda your wisdom and insight is soprofound, that I never considered that before! :p

I wonder how this kid in the video learned to hand a gun in a safe manner, and it is amazing how fast he is with his draw! He can chew gum and draw a gun at the same time @ 2 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwjjKApb1c0

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

BILLYBADBOY wrote:
yep he is two. That is why this is a reflection on YOU! I dont think that is funny at all.

Yelling at me is a reflection on you! I don't think you have a funny bone in your body at all, BILLYBADBOY that name is a reflection on you!

BILLYBADBOY

imported post

hey, I am here to raise your kids. You clearly cant take any suggestions without getting your feelings hurt.

My father taught me these simple rules over fifty years ago and hit has stuck with me.

So its cute at two. It could get his ass killed at twelve. True story. In the long run its your kid. But who you gonna blame?

BILLYBADBOY

imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
BILLYBADBOY wrote:
yep he is two. That is why this is a reflection on YOU! I dont think that is funny at all.

Yelling at me is a reflection on you! I don't think you have a funny bone in your body at all, BILLYBADBOY that name is a reflection on you!
Agreed, my name is a reflection on me. But it can mean so many things. Not a problem for me.

Braveheart23C

imported post

I agree that we shouldn't let our kids play with toy guns or let them "draw" on people because it could lead to an accident later on. However, I always played with toy guns as a kid and I've never shot anyone, on accident.

Back to the actual topic here, the guys on the Nightside Project are left leaning guys, but they are not left-wing Obama lunatics. I'm not surprised to hear there opinion on the OC subject. What we can do is let them and the folks at KSL know our opinion by emailing, calling or writing letters. We can also choose not to listen to the show or do business with those who advertise with them.

I think the guys on the Nightside Project only hurt themselves by voicing their anti-OC opinion as it's obvious that most people here in UT don't have a problem with it.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

Braveheart23C wrote:
I agree that we shouldn't let our kids play with toy guns or let them "draw" on people because it could lead to an accident later on. However, I always played with toy guns as a kid and I've never shot anyone, on accident.
I don't let them draw on people,if youmust know everything about that morning, when he got out of thecar I told him to hoslterhis gun, and keep it there! Then when hedrew his gun I told him to hoslter his "Sidearm" Cowboy!

BILLYBADBOY got all Obama on me and jumped to opinion before he understood what I wrote. He forgot thatopinions are like :cuss:everyone has one!

I too played with toy guns and pointed them at my freinds and cousins, we played cowboys and indians, and amazingly I have not shot everyone or any cowboys or indians!

BILLYBADBOY

imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
Braveheart23C wrote:
I don't let them draw on people,if youmust know everything about that morning, when he got out of thecar I told him to hoslterhis gun, and keep it there! Then when hedrew his gun I told him to hoslter his "Sidearm" Cowboy!

BILLYBADBOY got all Obama on me and jumped to opinion before he understood what I wrote. He forgot thatopinions are like :cuss:everyone has one!

I too played with toy guns and pointed them at my freinds and cousins, we played cowboys and indians, and amazingly I have not shot everyone or any cowboys or indians!

OH MY DID YOU JUST CALL ME OBAMA? That is it! What did I ever do to you?

My opinion stinks in your view. OK

called me OBAMA...NOT OK!

we cannot be internet playmates.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Braveheart23C wrote:
I always played with toy guns as a kid and I've never shot anyone, on accident.
Soooo... have you shot anyone not on accident? :p

I enjoy listening to The Nightside Project. They often talk about local issues that I am interested in, and I enjoy hearing more than one side of an issue. "I've never learned anything from anybody who agreed with me"

Every show that I listen to has something I am going to disagree with, but it doesn't prevent me from listening for other valuable advice.

Dr. Laura is a "snarky bitch", but I agree with a lot she has to say, and therefore stay tuned in. :p

BILLYBADBOY

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Braveheart23C wrote:

I enjoy listening to The Nightside Project. They often talk about local issues that I am interested in, and I enjoy hearing more than one side of an issue. "I've never learned anything from anybody who agreed with me"

Every show that I listen to has something I am going to disagree with, but it doesn't prevent me from listening for other valuable advice.

Dr. Laura is a "snarky bitch", but I agree with a lot she has to say, and therefore stay tuned in. :p
One time I agree with SGT "DICK snarky bitch" Jensen. Often I dont learn much from people I agree with.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

BILLYBADBOY wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
Braveheart23C wrote:

One time I agree with SGT "DICK snarky bitch" Jensen. Often I dont learn much from people I agree with.
Well, fack you very much. :)

Braveheart23C

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:

That's an inapproprite question. There's no good answer.

However, thanks for staying on topic when it comes to the Nightside Project. I agree they usually do a good job and the hosts have a right to their opinions, but they are just that. It's nice that we have the law on our side when it comes to OC.

What's up with Billybadboy? Did someone pee in his Cheerios?

BILLYBADBOY

imported post

Braveheart23C wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:

That's an inapproprite question. There's no good answer.

However, thanks for staying on topic when it comes to the Nightside Project. I agree they usually do a good job and the hosts have a right to their opinions, but they are just that. It's nice that we have the law on our side when it comes to OC.

What's up with Billybadboy? Did someone pee in his Cheerios?
Why would you say that? I have a right to disagree sometimes. And I should tell it how it is more often. Its just that refreshing.

Braveheart23C

imported post

I just don't see the need for the name calling. I assume we're all adults here and we're all supposed to be on the same side. If we fight among ourselves we'll never be able to defeat those who would deprive us of our right to protect ourselves. After all, isn't protecting that right the whole point of this website? Let's stay focused and stop this useless bickering. :D