• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Alabama

AL Ranger

If you drive around the left side (as you are looking at the building) and through the gate, they have a larger open lot-type parking area in the back. I shoot there regularly, and unless I get there right after they open, I usually end up out back.
MSteve, why don't you meet us down the street for coffee before you go shooting? We'd love to have you stop by. Maybe several of us will end up going to Larry's! Don't forget to stop by www.AlabamaOpenCarry.com

AL Ranger

North Alabama Meeting

We've had four meetings in a row in Madison/Huntsville and each one has been a success. The last meeting was myself and three other members of AOC (Ruger_.454, crs0016 and WCO). Anybody else wants to make it we meet at the Starbucks in Huntsville behind Books-A-Million off University and Memorial Parkway.

Ufda

Next meeting?

Just found this forum, would like to make a meeting, is Saturday 1030 the schedule?

dixieborn

Welcome Ufda! You should check out (and join!) the forum over at www.alabamaopencarry.com as much of the local AL traffic has migrated over to that site.

I'm a south Alabama guy, so I'm not sure off hand what their next meetup schedule is, but I know they'd be glad to have you!

AL Ranger

North Alabama Meetings

Just found this forum, would like to make a meeting, is Saturday 1030 the schedule?
We have been having a regular meeting at 10:30 AM on Saturday's for the past couple of weeks. We meet at the Starbuck's behind Books-A-Million at University and Memorial Parkway. We would be pleased to have any OCDO or AOC members meet with us. You do not have to OC to attend. Personally, I do but several others don't for a variety of reasons. OC, CC or NC everyone is welcome to show up and meet. The meetings have lasted for about 90 minutes but you are not required to stay any longer than you want. Just come out and meet the people behind the comments. Don't forget to stop by AlabamaOpenCarry.com and join up to get in on the action because we are more active there than here on OCDO.

AL Ranger

We have been having a regular meeting at 10:30 AM on Saturday's for the past couple of weeks. We meet at the Starbuck's behind Books-A-Million at University and Memorial Parkway. We would be pleased to have any OCDO or AOC members meet with us. You do not have to OC to attend. Personally, I do but several others don't for a variety of reasons. OC, CC or NC everyone is welcome to show up and meet. The meetings have lasted for about 90 minutes but you are not required to stay any longer than you want. Just come out and meet the people behind the comments. Don't forget to stop by AlabamaOpenCarry.com and join up to get in on the action because we are more active there than here on OCDO.
Nothing has changed...same OC time, same OC day, same OC Starbucks! See you there, OC, CC, or NC!

AL Ranger

Rocket City Gun and Knife Show

I will not be meeting at the Huntsville Starbucks as I will be at the Rocket City Gun Show. It's being held at the Cahaba Shrine Center, 6001 Pulaski Pike in Huntsville. That's the intersection of Pulaski Pike and Winchester Road. The gun show is on Aug 21st Saturday at 9am to 5pm and Aug 22nd Sunday from 10am to 4 pm. I will be there with any Alabama Open Carry members that show up to pass out info on Open Carry. If there are any OCDO members that can be there, please make the gun show. We'll be there to meet, greet and check out the guns, ammo and other products.

Last edited:

AL Ranger

Huntsville Starbucks Saturday Aug, 29th

Big Mike and I met at the Huntsville Starbucks. Ruger forgot as he was mowing the lawn and didn't think about it until it was too late. Three things hapened that I want to let others know about.

1. Starbucks employee saw my gun and commented, "It's nice to see you exercising your 2A rights!" That's a good thing to hear when you first walk in off the street.

2. I sat near a couple who started talking to me about firearms, shooting and training. The lady, who did most of the talking and question asking, has a .38 special but wasn't comfortable with guns. I told her to go the Larry's Pistol and Pawn, just up the road, for instruction and range time. Both of them were very open and interested about firearms and the subject of shooting and self-defense.

3. Another couple starting asking questions before they left. The questions later changed to firearms open carry and I gave them a tri-fold summary with links to www.alabamaopencarry.com and asked them to sign the petition and they were saying they most certainly would sign it.

All in all it was a good day for us and open carry in Huntsville. I wish all of our meetings could be so inspirational and instructive. More detail on this story is posted at AOC.