• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Alabama

Vondelta

imported post

I just found out about the weather last night after work. How about suggestions for another time? Is Saturday or Sunday best for everyone? Sunday after lunch would be good for me. Next week on May 2nd? Let me know because I really don't want to be sitting there by myself for an hour lol

Vondelta

imported post

I will be at the Starbucks on Saturday at 10 if anyone wants to show up, weather permitting. If it is only raining, I won't melt lol. I printed out a bunch of tri-folds, and am going to try to start educating the LEOs in Madison County, but I have been told by many people that our Sheriff isn't intrested in knowing, just his own interpretation. I don't know this for a fact, but I've met none that have said he is 2nd Amendment friendly. Maybe he will get voted out soon.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

If you do it next Saturday (5/1) I can drive up, but if Sundays are better for y'all don't change on my account. Good idea on the tri-folds, but remember that you are just a guy meeting some friends for coffee. Wouldn't want to be confused with an armed demonstrator, you know. :quirky

SlackwareRobert

imported post

But the thought of 60+ leo out in the parking lot being soaked to the bone
during the standoff would be funny.
over the bull horn: "You in there obeying the law, climb down from the roof
and get in the rowboats now!
"

Did Alabama pass a keep your guns in disaster law, it's hard to remember
what those bingo obsessed morons do one week to the next?

Wife is dragging me up that way this weekend anyways, will try and at least get
dropped off for a cup of joe while she hits the clothing stores.

47_MasoN_47

imported post

I'll be there as long as it's not a tornado or something. If it's just raining it doesn't matter to me. Are you guys OCing handguns or long guns or both?

Also, for future reference I won't be able to make it to Sunday meet ups unless they are at around 2pm. I don't get out of church until 12:00 usually and would like to eat before heading out, unless you guys find a good OC friendly eating facility and want to have lunch sometime. Anyway, Saturdays are best for me, and I'll be there tomorrow if at all possible :)

Anybody care if I bring a camera? I'm one of the moderators at HiPointFirearmsForums.com and we have a lot of OCers on the forums that would love to see pictures of a meet up. If you guys don't want your picture taken that's fine also.

Mason

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

Maybe there'll even be a guy sitting at another table nice (or scared) enough to take a group shot for you. (Hollowpoint, when are you going to post that pic from Sunday, or did I miss it already?)

47_MasoN_47

imported post

Well here's a pic from the first ever North AL OC meetup. Hopefully there's a bigger turnout next time, but we had a good time!

100_3093.jpg

Kirbinator

imported post

47_MasoN_47 wrote:
Well here's a pic from the first ever North AL OC meetup. Hopefully there's a bigger turnout next time, but we had a good time!
It's actually for the best. If it starts with two people and grows organically, it's not a demonstration. It's people freely assembling.

Vondelta

imported post

I want to appoligize for not being there this morning. I had a family emergency come up and didn't have time to post. I would like to reschedual with you guys. When is a good time and day?

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Von, it's ok man an emergency is an emergency. I knew it had to be important for you to miss it.

Oh yeah, and we did have that moment where we realized that we both had camo pants on. and the keys on the same loop!

Brilliant minds think alike.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

Hah! It looks like y'all nearly doubled their business. Thanks for the picture, now I know to look for the Starbucks by the Pearle Vision down the Street from the Publix. :D

If you do it again next Saturday, I'll be there.

Monkeytown

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
Von, it's ok man an emergency is an emergency. I knew it had to be important for you to miss it.

Oh yeah, and we did have that moment where we realized that we both had camo pants on. and the keys on the same loop!

Brilliant minds think alike.
Thanks for pointing that out...I nearly spit my water all over the screen. Is this the new North Alabama Militia uniform dress code? Was there an awkward moment where you both noticed and one of you moved the keys to the next beltloop? haha

Dude, you crack me up with nearly every post....keep up the good work.