• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Alabama

10mikemike

imported post

Are ya'll planning on trying for a bigger turn out this Saturday morning? Sorry I didn't make it to the one on the 24th but I was in east Tennessee. That Starbucks is only about 6 miles from my house so it would have been convenient for me.

47_MasoN_47

imported post

lol we're the Camo Pants and Keys on the Right Belt Loop militia :p

I hope to see more of you guys on Saturday at 10am! I'm gonna be there. I think I'll carry the G17 this time instead of the 19.

Monkeytown

imported post

47_MasoN_47 wrote:
lol we're the Camo Pants and Keys on the Right Belt Loop militia :p

I hope to see more of you guys on Saturday at 10am! I'm gonna be there. I think I'll carry the G17 this time instead of the 19.
Ahhh, yes.....variety is the spice of life!!:cool:

Vondelta

imported post

Nope, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Just puttin in my 2 cents. Nothing wrong with Glock, just doesn't fit my hands right. Haven't talked to anyone about the SA and was trolling for info :celebrate

Monkeytown

imported post

Vondelta wrote:
Nope, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Just puttin in my 2 cents. Nothing wrong with Glock, just doesn't fit my hands right. Haven't talked to anyone about the SA and was trolling for info :celebrate

I haven't held an xD. My first handgun was a Ruger LCP about a year ago and it is tiny. It was hard for me to get a good grip b/c my hands are pretty big. I came across a great deal on a G22 and snatched it up right b4 Christmas. I love the way it feels in my hand, remember I only have the LCP to compare it to. Maybe one of these days we can all meet up for a range trip and try out each others guns. that would be FUN!!

MT

Monkeytown

imported post

Vondelta wrote:
I never go to a range, so I really don't know where one is located around here. I just shoot at my house, but I don't shoot the neighbors shed lol.

:what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

That right there is FUNNY!! haha

47_MasoN_47

imported post

I've shot the XD and the grips didn't fit my hand well. Glocks fit me perfectly, so I prefer those personally. I haven't fired the XD in 9mm but I've shot the .40 and the .45 and they just didn't fit me.

Vondelta

imported post

I have never tried the XD. I have an XDM .40 right now, but I have to put the smallest back strap on it to fit correctly. I have small hands, thus why the Glock doesn't fit right. I normally carry a EAA Witness PS in .40. It fits my hands perfectly! It is difficult to get accessories for it though, because it isn't a well known firearm. Kinda sucks to have small hands.

Monkeytown

imported post

Vondelta wrote:
I have never tried the XD. I have an XDM .40 right now, but I have to put the smallest back strap on it to fit correctly. I have small hands, thus why the Glock doesn't fit right. I normally carry a EAA Witness PS in .40. It fits my hands perfectly! It is difficult to get accessories for it though, because it isn't a well known firearm. Kinda sucks to have small hands.

That's what she sa........Uh...nevermind!! :lol:

How is the EAA? Accurate? Reliable? I've seen commercials on Outdoor channel on Wednesday nights but haven't heard much about them.

Vondelta

imported post

ROTFLMAO. Yea, I kinda figured someone would chime in on that one lol. I have had my Witness for about 6 years or so. I love it. The only time I have had a problem with feeding is with my own reloads. I don't put much of a crimp on mine, to save the brass. Less working the brass, longer life of the brass. I had a few hang up on the ramp lip because I either set the bullet to deep causing the rim of the case to hang, or I didn't put any crimp on the case. So all the problems were my own fault, not the gun's. It functions flawlessly when fed properly. It is also reasonably accurate. I can keep all 10 rounds in the small circle of a paper plate at 15 yds firing standing off hand. If I rest and shoot for accuracy, well, not sure. I will probably never find myself in that situation and I want to know what it will do in a normal self defense situation, thus I always fire off hand, no rest or support. At 15 yds, I believe that I could stop a would be attacker well enough, and thats all I care about. I don't compitition shoot, and this is my daily carry gun.:D

Monkeytown

imported post

It was right there for the taking.....I just had to do it!! haha

Like you I do not do a lot of slow, take your time shooting. The only time I do this is if I notice my shots are starting to move off target. I then slow down and concentrate on my site picture, breathing and trigger control. You know,back to basics. Once I feel that I have fixed the problem I speed up again. I do a lot of double tap and multiple target shooting.

Thanks for the EAA review also.

MT

Vondelta

imported post

Remember everyone, tomorrow, Sat, 1 May, Madison Starbucks at 10:00. I'll be there with bells on. Anyone else? Talked to a Huntsvill LEO today, just handed him a tri-fold and asked him to look it over. He said he would, but he was misinformed about the Alabama state law as well. I hope to slowly, but surely educate North Alabama LEOs.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Whatever you do, don't ask any PD's for permission to do this or anything else. It sounds foolhardy at best, but there's only a small chance of confrontation if you go ahead and do your thing, there's a very definite chance of confrontation if you ask.

Best of luck, Von, and best way to educate is to just show em how chill we can be. Me and Mason saw a Sherriff's Deputythe last time and it was no big. I think mainly because we didn't even stop our conversation.

Kirbinator

imported post

On rare occasions the deputies show greater restraint and ability to think than the Sheriff. The deputy is more likely to observe that a crime isn't being committed and merely drive on. Some things aren't worth $12/hr.