• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well it happened....

GixxerJJ

imported post

Hello everyone, This is my first post on the forum's. I have been an active reader for awhile now but never registered to post. But after the other day i thought i would share my story with everyone.

Now mind you in VA it is perfectly legal to opencarry, and from what i have read they are one of the best states to live in if you are a gun owner. My sidearm is a Smith and Wesson Model 3913TSW 9MM. And i Always. and i mean ALWAYS carry a weapon. either concealed or Open-carried. That day i happened to have it holstered on my side.

It happened on Feb 27th. Was a Wednesday afternoon. I had just picked up my 18month old son and 4 year old daughter from their grandparents house and was on my way to the mall to pickup some PJ's for my little boy. I stopped at a local Shell gas station to fill up and got out of my truck and was filling the tank. I was leaning against my truck when i heard what sounded like someone's foot steps running and sliding on sand or gravel, i turned around to see three black guy's and one of which had a knife pressed against my left ribcage. Immediately i thought about my kids, and that they were about to witness their father get murdered for the 10 dollar bill and pack of chewing gum i had in my pockets, and how these guys were prob going to steal my truck and my babies were in it.

Then these guys started yelling at my to "Run my pocket's nigga" and his buddy's started going through my pocket's when i said " Here, take everything" and i reached for my right pocket (gun was holstered under my jacket on my right side) and quickly pulled out my pistol and discharged three quick rounds from hip level pointed upward's Center mass (at the knife holder). He quickly dropped to the ground. almost like someone turned off a lightswitch. His buddy that had started to go through my pocket's reached for his waste band and this time i was able to kick him away from me about 5 feet and i again discharged 3 round's in rapid succession center-mass, and he too fell. the third guy at this point was already running away.

Immediately after this i opened my car door and my kid's were screaming and crying, but i jumped in my truck and drove it about 100 feet away and parked it, this guy and his wife ran up to me saying they saw the whole thing and was i okay, was my kid's okay. And i responded yes, however i was bleeding down my left side. Apparently the guy with the knife managed to stab me but everything happened so fast i didn't recall. All i could think about was my kid's in the truck. Anyhow i holstered my weapon and ran over to the two guy's laying on the ground (mind you two other couples came and were with my kids) and attempted CPR. However, it was very obvious they were deceased. They both had no vital sign's and i discontinued CPR.

When the police arrived they asked for my firearm and interviewed my in the ambulance, by this time my wife arrived and my kids were safe and sound with her. I ended up at the police station after i was discharged from the hospital a few hour's later. The police ruled everything self defense and no charges were filed. I was also given back my firearm. Turn's our the second man that i shot was reaching for a .40 caliber handgun he had hidden in his waste band (that handgun was stolen 6 months ago from someone home that was broken into) The first man i shot was convicted 2 times of armed robbery and numerous drug and weapons violation's. From what the police told me he was also a suspect in the killing of another teenager in the ghetto section of my city.

Last night it actually hit me. That i am directly responsible for ending two human beings lives. Two mother's are without Son's. But.. My hand was forced. My life, and the lives of my two kid's were at stake and no one. And i mean no one will ever harm my loved one's while i have breath in my lungs.

Anyhow.. Thank's for reading my story. I assure you all that it is true, as i have better thing's to do in my life then go on here and fabricate a story.

So all you Anti-gun advocate's - a gun saved my life and the life of my babies! how about changing you're rant's over to crying about foreign oil!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wow! Jumped into the forum with both feet didn't you.

Couple of important suggestions before others chime in:

First go to your profile and add your location - many times post/replies are state specific and it helps the moderators.

Second become familiar with the rules for citing - especially regarding laws AND occurrences like this. Copies/links of police report(s), newspaper, etc. will otherwise be requested for confirmation and detail.

Unfortunately, there are those that will manufacture such things just to engage us. So yes, I'd like to see the verifiable reference first. Hope you take it in the spirit intended.

Yata hey

OC4me

imported post

Yes, kindly post links to local news stories. That would be a great start in verifying this unfortunate event. Glad you are ok! Don't lose any sleep over those two scum bags!

Ironbar

imported post

Okaaaay, anyone else besides me think the guy's story is complete BS? Anyone? This just happened 2/27/10, and you're blathering the full details of the story right here??? Yeah, right.

I think you're full of it unless you can provide a news link to the story.

Ironbar

imported post

I read the story again, and now I'm even more convinced that it's a complete fabrication. American jurisprudence doesn't work so fast. In a situation where a person or persons have been killed, that guy definitely would not have been given his weapon back at the freakin' police station after being declared a self-defense situation. There would have been a grand jury trial to determine if a murder had occurred, and the dumb-a$$ would have been told by his attorney not to discuss the story anywhere with anyone.

EpicFail02.jpg

ODA 226

imported post

The police don't decide not to file charges. The Commonwealth Attorney or his equivalent in your State does.

In Virginia, this would have gone to a Grand Jury to decide if charges should be filed. I call BS too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I was just trying to be polite.

Now you all have blown my cover.

Did I just hear a drive-by leaving?

Yata hey

pyite

imported post

Perhaps he was expecting a different response for his study of the open carry species....

HELLZ YEAH SON YOU SHOWED DEM BOYS REAL GOOD YEEHAW!!!

:banghead:

WNCTarheel

imported post

Would *I* leave my two young kids aloneinmy vehicle and go 100 ft away to give CPR to 2 perps that tried to rob me? NO.

jag06

imported post

Good story if true, like the others would like to see a news article on it. Do have one problem, you say it happened on Wednesday the 27th of February, February the 27th was a Saturday. I did check and January 27th was a Wednesday, so was it possible you meant January 27th?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Used to tell my kids when I caught them in a lie and they just couldn't "remember" what they said - you don't have to "remember" the truth, it just is.

It is considerably more difficult to keep the details straight when you are fabricating a story. Invariably, the spinner of such yarns will expose themselves.

Even best selling authors of fiction novels are hard pressed to get all aspects up to standard. Tritely: the devil's in the details.

Yata hey

scorpio_vette

imported post

jag06 wrote:
Good story if true, like the others would like to see a news article on it. Do have one problem, you say it happened on Wednesday the 27th of February, February the 27th was a Saturday. I did check and January 27th was a Wednesday, so was it possible you meant January 27th?

he never specified in what year. feb 27th was a wednesday in 1991, 2002 and 2008. :lol::lol::lol:

jag06

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
jag06 wrote:

he never specified in what year. feb 27th was a wednesday in 1991, 2002 and 2008. :lol::lol::lol:

I went back to 2008, did not go past, was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt lol.

M

McX

imported post

wow, gee, i guess this qualfies as a valid reason why law abiding citizens carry guns huh. maybe i should show this post to my so-so gun wife!