• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EVERYONE READ THIS!

kadar

imported post

Pace wrote:
That being said, I urge everyone to take into consideration that any US vs. THEM attitude is harmful and destructive. Most Americans don't see everything eye-to-eye but we have more common goals and interests that should bring us together.

Bless,

Pace
In other words...
We have to stop being divided by what we don't agree on, and start being united by what we do agree on.

Prophet

imported post

kadar wrote:
Pace wrote:
That being said, I urge everyone to take into consideration that any US vs. THEM attitude is harmful and destructive. Most Americans don't see everything eye-to-eye but we have more common goals and interests that should bring us together.

Bless,

Pace
In other words...
We have to stop being divided by what we don't agree on, and start being united by what we do agree on.

Like the open carrying of rifles

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

kadar wrote:
In other words...
Really?

Not far away a scuffle for leadership is going on. One of the contestants just confessed the most bathetic irrationalism, and that he capitalizes on his customers' similar ignorance.

So we're supposed to unite behind a wannabe-would be with a gross misconception?

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ Goddamn the Obamination and its thugs.

TFred

imported post

It used to be said that the law-abiding citizen would affect change "within the system", using the means and mechanisms built into the government itself to bring about the desired change.

However, after the shenanigans pulled in the Virginia Senate this week, I'm not sure that those in charge of that very process of "change within the system" have the concept down.

As PVC alluded in one of his interviews yesterday, how are we supposed to push for change within the system, when those tasked with running the system circumvent that very same process to ensure their own desired outcome?

It's been a very disappointing week.

TFred

Pace

imported post

Fringe: Means those who advocate anything outside the system. That included the guy who is now probably going to end up with Secret Service Agents outside his door for a death threat.

Other Topics: Conversations about inherent rights do nothing in the system. I can talk all day about my libertarian viewpoints and what I believe in, but that does not help a court case, nor an encounter with the police.

People OC for a variety of reasons, some protection, some protest, some because its 120' degrees in the summer in Arizona. To preach that OC means this or that we are doing it because we want to protect ourselves against the evil regime of Obabushinton, is good and dandy, but does not address the issues at hand.

Ok Topics are obviously: "How to educate people that 2A refers to OC."
Bad Topic: I believe that 2A was created by the deity Ba'al to defend ourselves from the space invaders that will arrive in the 22nd century. I can prove this because if I take every 5th letter and then divide it by 10, I get the words "Jumping Jehosophat!"

The 2A movement, and the OC movement has worked hard on focusing on the Law, the Courts. The great thing about 2A and the Constitution folks, is that no matter what you believe, if its Ba'al or your own personal protection, it protects you. That's where we all come together, right now...

Pace

imported post

I've had too many friends killed because of hatred, been to way too many soldiers funerals, had to bury police officers after 9/11 to ever want to be associated with anyone who promotes division of people.

The OC movement has grown because of our diversity. I know its sometimes hard to see past our own lives, and our own viewpoints and understand others, but I hope that this movement, showing people firearms aren't evil and bad, will help bring safety and hope to some people.

Otis McDonald 76 year old, black retired veteran living in Chicago who just wants to make sure that when he walks to the store, he isn't mugged. I can't imagine the more perfect case right now to show our diversity.

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
kadar wrote:
In other words...
Really?

Not far away a scuffle for leadership is going on. One of the contestants just confessed the most bathetic irrationalism, and that he capitalizes on his customers' similar ignorance.

So we're supposed to unite behind a wannabe-would be with a gross misconception?

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ Goddamn the Obamination and its thugs.

Pace

imported post

I don't even know what that means, but I assume it's mean to be insulting and demeaning. Believing oneself infallible is the mark of extremists worldwide, whether they are jihadists, nazi, or OK city bombers.

I've been chased with baseball bats in Brooklyn for not being dark enough, I've had a police officer in Eastern Ohio threaten to kill me for being a "New York Jew Boy." I survived 9/11, caught the worst type of child molesters, and had to attend friends funerals where there was nothing left of their body from a roadside bomber.

Still, I manage to wake up daily, thank the Universe that I am in a place where I am able to practice my religion and get a cup of coffee while carrying a sidearm without being harassed by anyone. For the few people who come up to me and ask about it, I have seen mainly interested people who want to learn themselves and interested in learning about a variety of topics.

I am so proud that I live in a Country where a Black Man can protest carrying an AR-15 against a black president he disagrees in. And I, a libertarian who disagrees with both parties can make friends who also OC while we get a buzz from too many lattes!

My bumper sticker reads "I'll fight to protect your liberty, even as you vote to take mine away."

So feel free to insult me, attack me, because frankly, I love nothing more than anyone can get on a computer in this great Country and express his viewpoint, and that the Constitution of this great Nation gives him a right to be a complete a$$.

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Pace wrote:
I hope that this movement, showing people firearms aren't evil and bad, will help bring safety and hope to some people.
Kumbayah! You can't fight ignorance (willful firearms) with stupidity.

M

McX

imported post

we won?! damn that was quick, they just finished arguements the other day! i gotta start coming to these employee meetings earlier!

wrightme

imported post

Thank you.

jpierce wrote:
Guys,

We probably just won the most significant case involving gun rights in the last 200 years, have seen unprecedented advancement of gun rights over the last several decades against a concerted effort by anti-gun forces, and have been successful in starting the process of normalizing carry and making gun rights a non-partisan civil rights issue.

We are winning in the legislatures, the judiciary and the courts of public opinion. It is a time of great joy for those of us who believe in civil rights! The struggles continue and will always do so but we should move forward happily knowing that we ARE making a difference!

And yet still there are those who would see the cup as half empty and draining.

I spend HOURS that I do not have every day dealing with the rantings of a few extremists who believe that the system is irretrievably broken and cannot be fixed or who espouse secession or any number of other fringe issues.

These topics are NOT welcome here!!! The Republic is strong, the Constitution is sound and we should be happy today while planning for an even better tomorrow.

There are other forums for fringe issues but they are not here and you are taking time away from actual progress!

Thanks.

John

AZkopper

imported post

jpierce wrote:
Guys,

We probably just won the most significant case involving gun rights in the last 200 years, have seen unprecedented advancement of gun rights over the last several decades against a concerted effort by anti-gun forces, and have been successful in starting the process of normalizing carry and making gun rights a non-partisan civil rights issue.

We are winning in the legislatures, the judiciary and the courts of public opinion. It is a time of great joy for those of us who believe in civil rights! The struggles continue and will always do so but we should move forward happily knowing that we ARE making a difference!

And yet still there are those who would see the cup as half empty and draining.

I spend HOURS that I do not have every day dealing with the rantings of a few extremists who believe that the system is irretrievably broken and cannot be fixed or who espouse secession or any number of other fringe issues.

These topics are NOT welcome here!!! The Republic is strong, the Constitution is sound and we should be happy today while planning for an even better tomorrow.

There are other forums for fringe issues but they are not here and you are taking time away from actual progress!

Thanks.

John

Loud and clear!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pace wrote:
SNIP Fringe: Means those who advocate anything outside the system.
Yeah. Like that Indian prince dude, Gutauma Bhudda. And that mouthy Nazarene that Pilotordered tacked up.

Add Mohandas Ghandi. Jonathan Swift. Pete Zenger. William Penn.

Oh, and those boys in Philadelphia--Tom Jefferson, John Hancock and 52 others.

Don't forget the evening Boston Harbor was filled with dharjeeling and earl grey.

What was that quote a while back? "Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns."

Fringers, one and all.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

John, you make the rules & I will follow them, no problem , not saying that I agree with some of them, but ...I can play well with others most of the time.

Although one thing that just cracks me up..is you really believe this nonsense...

The Republic is strong, ( You must not be watching the news as of lately, like the last year or so ) the Constitution is sound ( Ummm, LOL sure it is:uhoh: ask the people that survived Katrina that one, the ones that got their guns taken away , after being beaten up by the Gobernemnt agents because they wanted to Open Carry in their homes ) and we should be happy today while planning for an even better tomorrow ( better tomorrow ? you mean the one that our great , great grand kinds will be working for free to pay off Obama's Multi Zillion dollar spending spree ?, that tomorrow ? )

:lol:

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
John, you make the rules & I will follow them, no problem , not saying that I agree with some of them, but ...I can play well with others most of the time.

Although one thing that just cracks me up..is you really believe this nonsense...

The Republic is strong, ( You must not be watching the news as of lately, like the last year or so )  the Constitution is sound ( Ummm, LOL  sure it is :uhoh: ask the people that survived Katrina that one, the ones that got their guns taken away , after being beaten up by the Gobernemnt agents because they wanted to Open Carry in their homes ) and we should be happy today while planning for an even better tomorrow ( better tomorrow ? you mean the one that our great , great grand kinds will be working for free to pay off Obama's Multi Zillion dollar spending spree ?, that tomorrow ? )

Mommy, what's a grand kind? :lol:

Pace

imported post

Deleted at request.

Glock34 wrote:

The Republic is strong, ( You must not be watching the news as of lately, like the last year or so ) the Constitution is sound ( Ummm, LOL sure it is:uhoh: ask the people that survived Katrina that one, the ones that got their guns taken away , after being beaten up by the Gobernemnt agents because they wanted to Open Carry in their homes ) and we should be happy today while planning for an even better tomorrow ( better tomorrow ? you mean the one that our great , great grand kinds will be working for free to pay off Obama's Multi Zillion dollar spending spree ?, that tomorrow ? )

Pace

imported post

Which part of that this forum is about OpenCarry did people not understand?

I agree with you 100%, but this is not forum for things outside of OpenCarry.

I'm a Libertarian Buddhist, you don't think I have my own opinions regarding the system, and the government for the last 75 years? I want to rant daily about civil rights, other issues on this forum, about the problems with religious intrusion into to government, gender equality, etc.. When I first joined last year, I did that, and many people asked me to stop, and focus on topic. I've personally had to catch myself sometimes when I start wandering off, and ask that people do the same. We are here for one reason, to promote legal open carry of side arms, that's it.

You want to make another forum and call it "I-have-an-ar15-because-aliens-are-going-to-kidnap-me.com" feel free.

The issue is not whether certain points are valid (death threats are not welcome) but that people are using this to push viewpoints and political agenda. I've caught some people associated with white-supremacist movements who were long time members using this forum to recruit new members.

Citizen wrote:
Pace wrote:
SNIP Fringe: Means those who advocate anything outside the system.
Yeah. Like that Indian prince dude, Gutauma Bhudda. And that mouthy Nazarene that Pilotordered tacked up.

Add Mohandas Ghandi. Jonathan Swift. Pete Zenger. William Penn.

Oh, and those boys in Philadelphia--Tom Jefferson, John Hancock and 52 others.

Don't forget the evening Boston Harbor was filled with dharjeeling and earl grey.

What was that quote a while back? "Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns."

Fringers, one and all.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
Glock34, I vote that you are kicked off this forum completely, and banned for life. You already were warned and your post deleted for your ILLEGAL death threat against the president, and you obviously have your own political agenda which has nothing to do with OpenCarry, but has to do with your anti-government conspiracy theories, and you want to use this forum to recruit people into your ideology.

After your illegal death threat against the President (I kept the screenshot, and it was sent to law enforcement.) I no longer thought you were in the realm of being normal whatsoever. You have no loyalty to the law, nor to this forum, but instead want to use it to spout your hate-filled ideology.

Glock34 wrote:

OK, When did I make an ILLEGAL death threat against the President ?

Saying that you are waiting for some Horrific event to befall the President , IS NOT MAKING A DEATH THREAT. I NEVER SAID I WAS GOING TO CARRY OUT ANY ACTION AGAINST THE PRESIDENT.

Pace, what you just did was Slander / make a false accusation against me, You said that, I made a death threat against the president, which I NEVER did. John I want a Public Apology from Pace & then I want him KICKED off this forum for making a false statement that could have serious ramifications.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Just my take -

Its not about stifling, restricting, limiting or banning.

It IS about staying on track to enhance the effectiveness of OCDO.

Inevitably that will require some moderation.

I can live with that.

Yata hey