• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Guy here from Imperial MO.. WOW..I got a tongue lashing from Arnold PD

Anthony01

imported post

I live in Imperial, right off the Vogal exit. I"ve had my CCW for little over a year now. Anyway after reading through some post, I figured I'd call Arnold to see what their laws are regarding OC. We do alot of business their so I wanted to make sure.
So I call the police dept, bout 10min ago, tell the officer I am a CCW and was wondering what the law was for OC. He was all nice and calm untill I asked him about OC.
He's voice went up 10db and started to get real ignorant. He's saying, " why do you want to OC when you have CCW?" I told him I was just researching and was curious on the law.
He then started to get really loud, saying "you wanna carry on your hip? FINE... cause we follow the state rules regarding OC..but, as soon as you touch it, its brandishing a weapon, as soon as you cover it, its concealing. "And I guarantee that if you wear like that into a business and someone calls, your gonna have 50,000 cops down ontop of you"

I just could'nt believe how crabby he got cause I was asking a question. He didnt like the fact I was CCW and was looking to OC

yelohamr

imported post

Anthony01 wrote:
"And I guarantee that if you wear like that into a business and someone calls, your gonna have 50,000 cops down ontop of you"

I used to live in KC.I get back there every year, butit's been several years since I've been to Arnold. With 50,000 cops, they must have the largest PD in the state and the crime rate must be terrible to have that many cops.:lol:

Article1section23

imported post

Anthony01 wrote:
I live in Imperial, right off the Vogal exit. I"ve had my CCW for little over a year now. Anyway after reading through some post, I figured I'd call Arnold to see what their laws are regarding OC. We do alot of business their so I wanted to make sure.
So I call the police dept, bout 10min ago, tell the officer I am a CCW and was wondering what the law was for OC. He was all nice and calm untill I asked him about OC.
He's voice went up 10db and started to get real ignorant. He's saying, " why do you want to OC when you have CCW?" I told him I was just researching and was curious on the law.
He then started to get really loud, saying "you wanna carry on your hip? FINE... cause we follow the state rules regarding OC..but, as soon as you touch it, its brandishing a weapon, as soon as you cover it, its concealing. "And I guarantee that if you wear like that into a business and someone calls, your gonna have 50,000 cops down ontop of you"

I just could'nt believe how crabby he got cause I was asking a question. He didnt like the fact I was CCW and was looking to OC
Arnold was on the no carry list, we need to see the updated ordinances...to bad the call wasn't recorded. I want these laws challenged and know that HB 2150 is the preferred method to get it done.

mFonz77

imported post

You might want to ask this question over on missouricarry.com. One of the regular members there is on the Arnold City Council.

I'm Imperial born and bred, btw...howdy!

Article1section23

imported post

It just depends of if they want to push it and from your post, sounds like they won't.Public assemblage was struck from state law. It has also been construed by the Western District.

Basically, they stated that walking in a Gas station isn't it and the case they cited from GA was about a guy walking into McDonalds.

STATE v. YATES

However, the language of the subsection makes it clear that the law is designed to proscribe the carrying of a weapon where people have gathered for religious, educational, political, civic, or social purposes, and that the emphasis of the subsection is on the gathering of people, and the effect thereon of the presence of a weapon, and not on the question of whether a place happens to be open to the public.

http://www.municode.com/Library/clientCodePage.aspx?clientID=11526

Sec. 17-21. Dangerous and concealed weapons; prohibitions concerning.

If any person shall carry concealed upon or about his person a dangerous or deadly weapon of any kind or description, or shall go into any church or place where people have assembled for religious worship, or into any schoolroom or place where people are assembled for educational, political, literary or social purposes, or to any election precinct on any election day, or into any courtroom during the sitting of court, or into any other public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose other than for militia drill, or meetings called under militia law of this state, having upon or about his person, concealed or exposed, any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knucks, billy, sword cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapons or shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit any such weapons in a rude, angry or threatening manner, or shall have any such weapon in his possession when intoxicated, or directly or indirectly, sell or deliver, loan or barter to any minor any such weapon, without the consent of the parent or guardian of such minor, he shall, upon conviction, be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor; but nothing contained in this section shall apply to legally qualified sheriffs, police officers and other persons whose bona fide duty it is to execute process, civil or criminal, make arrests, or aid in conserving the public peace, nor to persons traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this state.

(Ord. No. 2.8 (Bill No. 29), § 1, 11-16-72)

State law reference--Concealed weapons, RSMo § 564.610.

patriotthad

imported post

There is a bill in the MO house at this time that will do that. We need to contact our reps and ask that this be passed asap.