• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wifes new PX4 subcompact

scorpio_vette

imported post

So my wife got her first handgun couple days ago. she's been trained on M16's in the military, but believe it or not has never used a handgun until mine, and has never owned her own gun until this one.

She picked a Beretta PX4-F subcompact.

(don't mind the relaxed clothing. it was late and we were getting ready for bed. LOL)
DSCI0893.jpg

DSCI0896.jpg

so here are a few pictures that i took to show a bit of a size comparison using CZ82 and to show a little about the PX4 breakdown.

DSCI0902.jpg

DSCI0904.jpg

DSCI0905.jpg

Here you can see the 2 magazines that came with the PX4. one is standard, and one has a build in extension. right now it's closed.
DSCI0906.jpg

here you can see the extension folded out.
DSCI0907.jpg

i didn't quite realize how small the CZ82 is until i got the subcompact. turns out they are nearly identical in size. (i'm not very good at photographing comparisons, so in some shots there is a large optical illusion of size difference)
DSCI0908.jpg

DSCI0908.jpg

DSCI0910.jpg

DSCI0913.jpg

DSCI0916.jpg

DSCI0917.jpg

DSCI0918.jpg

DSCI0919.jpg

Field strip lever
DSCI0920.jpg

Rotate and pull
DSCI0921.jpg

DSCI0922.jpg

DSCI0923.jpg

3"x3" square for size reference
DSCI0924.jpg

Field strip CZ82. trigger guard closed.
DSCI0925.jpg

trigger guard pulled down
DSCI0927.jpg

DSCI0928.jpg

DSCI0929.jpg

My personal body guard with one of his many home defense weapons.
DSCI0930.jpg

Here is his 6mm airsoft with laser attached under the barrel that he only gets to play with under dads supervision.
DSCI0933.jpg

DSCI0936.jpg

Here is his tactical camo sponge dart gun that he also only gets to play with under dads supervision.
DSCI0940.jpg

Here he is performing his daily training routine using his home self defense spoon, while watching daddy clean his gun.
DSCI0941.jpg

Here he's just watching daddy clean his guns. He loves watching me clean it, and very very very rarely if every tries to reach for any of the parts since he's been taught since day one NOT to reach for gun parts. if i keep this up, he'll know more about gun safety and proper safe handling by the time he's 5 than some adults.
DSCI0944.jpg

barronburke

imported post

Nice man looks like you haav a great kid there keep it up man oh and love the gun wife thinks she is going to go look at them good job man!!!!:monkey:celebrate

scorpio_vette

imported post

barronburke wrote:
Nice man looks like you haav a great kid there keep it up man oh and love the gun wife thinks she is going to go look at them good job man!!!!:monkey:celebrate

holly run on sentence batman. seriously dude, some punctuation makes things much easier to understand.

but if i read it correctly, you are saying: "............love the gun. (my) wife thinks she is going to go look at them. good job man!!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

barronburke

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
barronburke wrote:

holly run on sentence batman. seriously dude, some punctuation makes things much easier to understand.

but if i read it correctly, you are saying: "............love the gun. (my) wife thinks she is going to go look at them. good job man!!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry was trying to type and do something else. Yes I was saying that are doing a great job raising you son and teaching him from little on about firearms, also my wife is now interested in getting a firearm to carry now that people like you wife are out there more she feels like people wont look at her weird for open carrying and maybe this would be a good choice. I say again sorry I was watching my four children and trying to type some times I don't even look back at what I have typed.:banghead::lol:

Packer fan

imported post

Barr,

I will tell you that people will look at her weired. My wife OC will in Wi and she had a lady freak. The lady didn't say anything but her body language said it all. My wife just laughed and kept doing her thing. It was in the Delavan Shopko and it was the first time my wife OC while shopping. So, yeah she will get a reaction at times but don't let that stop her. If I lived up thereI would have my wife meet up with yours just to give her a little encouragement.

From reading all these threads everyone there in Wi should be proud of the work they are doing. By now most of the LOE's should know that OC is completely legal.

Now, to work on the GFSZ and the car carry. Keep up the good work Cheese Heads.;)

scorpio_vette

imported post

hey barron. my wife was/is the same way. she even said she wanted nothing to do with me in public if i was going to open carry. well we went shopping together and i was open carrying. after several minutes i said to her: "see............nobody is running around in absolute blind panic screaming and running into stuff and getting knocked out".

and right then it happened................................

a guy walked up to me and said: "hey you're obviously into guns. do you have any idea where i can get my guns duracoated?"

so i shot him.

LOL just kidding about that part. LOL i had a little chat with the guy and then we went about our business again. other than that nothing happened. that seemed to put my wife at ease.

i'm not quite sure, but i have a feeling she might be open carrying for the first time at the gun show today. hopefully the guy at the front door doesn't give us any crap.

i'm gonna pm you my phone number. if you and your wife are going to the gun show today, give me a call and we could meet and say hi.

barronburke

imported post

Bob and Roccos in Waukesha? If that is the one your talking about I live like 5 blocks from there, but sorry cant make it there i'm Mr. Mom today. Wife had to work today But hey if you guys go and want to get a bite to eat today. Go to pizza hut on Summit ave. and my wife will give you guys a discount. shit they sell alcohol and that may be an issue for oc never thought about that oh well

jcsftwre

imported post

Sorry for off topic scorpio-vette, A man can not go wrong if he can find an ex-military girl. IMHO
Thanks for the heads up on this pistol and the great photos.