Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brady Campaign is going NUTS on Starbucks!

Post imported post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-h..._b_487407.html

Paul Helmke:

Sorry, Starbucks: You Are In This Debate

". . . The gun extremist want an America where there are guns everywhere: not just in coffeehouses, but also in bars, churches, parks, banks and classrooms.

By capitulating to the gun extremists because they want this issue to "go away," Starbucks has made a hazardous mistake. . . ."
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Let the BB continue to make a stink about this. Let them be the ones who're demonstrating. Since Starbucks has made it clear about their policy and that they dont wish to be a focal point it just makes the bradys look bad, not that the bradys need any help in that area.

My suggestion is that OCers/CCers dont counter demonstrate. If you're going to be present when the BBs demonstrate just buy some coffee from Starbucks but otherwise keep a low profile and let the BBs look like the asses that they are. Laughing at them is optional.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

The Bradyites are getting to be as annoying as PeTA. One bright spot is that we may soon see cute Holywood stars parading around nude carrying signs that say "I'd rather go naked than wear a gun!" That would get LOTS of people - carrying or no - into Starbucks. Vente double mocha wockawocka cappucino frappo and a floor show? YAY!!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:cel ebrate

Post imported post

Huck wrote:
    If you're going to be present when the BBs demonstrate just buy some coffee from Starbucks but otherwise keep a low profile and let the BBs look like the asses that they are. Laughing at them is optional.
    A BIG +1!

Go to these Brady demonstrations, buy the BIGGEST cup of Starbucks coffee you can, and keep in view of any media cameras, sipping on your coffee.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    The Bradyites are getting to be as annoying as PeTA.
    That is their sole purpose in life. They really ought to call themselves the Braying Campaign to Prevent Gun Ownership.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

They're throwing everything they've got into this. If they get Starbucks to cave, it's only the start. If they fail, I think they're pretty much done. They couldn't defeat the pro-freedom movement with laws and the constitution, this was the only way they really had left - their last gasp. Will be interesting.

Post imported post

The late, great Tim Russert summed up the differences between anti and pro gun people when talking about the AWB renewal bill in 04. He said that "those in favor of this ban would prefer it be in place. Those who are against it are really against it, and will cross party lines to prevent it from passing".

That quote seems sort of off topic, but it really isn't. Aside from a few extreme anti gunners, anti's are not very dedicated to the cause. They also loose ground by the day because of the help of the web. Pro gun people are a much more dedicated group of people to try to befriend. I think Starbucks realized that, and that is why they have taken a pro or at least neutral stance.

On the other hand you have Peet's coffee, which of course banned carry at their stores, promting this Starbucks thing. For them, it may have been a good business decision. As far as I know, most of their stores are in urban California, which is to say the least deep in the heart of oppressed America and filled with a majority of hippies and other idiots who are completely content and happy with the fact they can't reasonably carry. Endorsing or allowing Kali style carry might piss off enough Pete's customers to cost a lot of money.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I like how the article author stated:
    The Starbucks Coffee Company has become the subject of national media attention because some gun activists have decided to wear their guns openly, with loaded ammunition magazines close by, in Starbucks stores in California.
    Taking careful note to say loaded ammunition magazines. I had to read it twice to be sure I did not misconstrue it as loaded weapons, which we all know by now is illegal in California. I'm sure some will read it and misconstrue it but it is a moot point considering, for example, here in North Carolina, we have no restrictions on mode of carry as long as the weapon is not being brandished in a threatening manner.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

JT wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    That is their sole purpose in life. They really ought to call themselves the Braying Campaign to Prevent Gun Ownership.

"The Brady Campaign to Support Murderers and Rapists" is more apt.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Don't rule out some idiot deciding - knowing damn well we are not going to draw down let alone fire for simple assault and battery - decide to eat a misdemeanor charge and start shoving a few OCers around, with the purpose of having the cameras capture an angry person with a gun or two. And if he makes someone feel they need to cover their firearm to prevent a snatching, bonus! then the right camera angle can make it look like the OCer is about to draw down on the putz. Even shoving back can look bad.

What would you do in that situation? The Bradyite loon is doig things that would justify a fist in the face, but not deadly force; but you are armed and the news cams are rolling.

One thing I can think of is if you are going as a group to where the Brady Bunch are making pests of themselves, bring along two "designated defenders" who are palpably NOT armed to take care of any of this type of tomfoolery.

Imagine that....Rosie has her phalanx of beefy gun toters, while OCers have to have unarmed bodyguards. Oh well. Upside-down cake goes pretty good with Starbucks.

Post imported post

oc spray

Post imported post

DanM wrote:

Paul Helmke:

". . . The gun extremist want an America where there are guns everywhere: not just in coffeehouses, but also in bars, churches, parks, banks and classrooms.

By capitulating to the gun extremists because they want this issue to "go away," Starbucks has made a hazardous mistake. . . ."
    I can't remember the last time I was in a bank when I WASN'T carrying a gun since I got my Ohio CHL. I wonder if these drooling simpletons realize that in most places, carrying a gun in a bank is completely lawful.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    What would you do in that situation? The Bradyite loon is doig things that would justify a fist in the face, but not deadly force; but you are armed and the news cams are rolling.
    Gyakute nage. The ceilings in Starbucks and Caribou are way too high for the idiot's feet to scrape them on the way over, but it's still impressive. Whether he goes through the window or a table or just bounces off, the effect's the same. He'll wet himself the next time the thought of committing physical violence starts ricocheting around the confines of his empty skull.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Deanimator wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Gyakute nage. The ceilings in Starbucks and Caribou are way too high for the idiot's feet to scrape them on the way over, but it's still impressive. Whether he goes through the window or a table or just bounces off, the effect's the same. He'll wet himself the next time the thought of committing physical violence starts ricocheting around the confines of his empty skull.
    Is that an Aikido term for, perhaps, "reverse wrist-lock throw"?

Post imported post

I agree that this is a 'succeed' or 'die' last gasp for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Ownership (yes that is their name)!

StarBuck's "We followlocal law" policy is exactly the common sense policy that businesses should adopt everywhere, and because of the national news coverage, that very policy is getting press coverage whichhopefully will serve as a very nice precedent for other commercial entitiesto follow!

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    Deanimator wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Is that an Aikido term for, perhaps, "reverse wrist-lock throw"?
    Shorinji Kempo, but I wouldn't doubt that it's called the same thing in Aikido or Jiujitsu. When I was network administrator for a shady environmental company, an unstable Indian guy game at me with a document spike. A friend who was there says his feet scraped the ceiling of the construction trailer we were in. He never did THAT again.

Katate nage works well too. Hwarang Do uses a similar technique, the name of which escapes me. There's a reasonable chance that the guy would be conscious after a gyakute nage. The katate nage, not so much, especially if he came down on a table.

But as we grownups say, "actions have consequences", especially when your "action" is trying lay violent hands on me.

Post imported post

Thereare just so many untruths in this article that it his hard to know where to begin.

Starbucks says it doesn't want to be embroiled in the gun laws debate. I don't blame them for wanting to avoid controversy -- but they can't be left out of it. By choosing to appease these gun rights demonstrators -- demonstrators whose antics make many gun owners in our country blush -- they have put the concerns of the rest of their customers aside. By allowing guns in its stores, the company is jeopardizing the safety of its customers and employees.
    1. The only "demonstrators" are the Brady bunch. The armed patrons are just that...PAYING customers.

2. Gun owners aren't demanding anything. They are simply rewarding Starbucks for their stand with their patronage. It is the Brady bunch that is demanding that Starbucks appease them.

3. Oh right, the mere presence of a gun puts everyones safetyin jeopardy. That is why we hear of daily shootings in gun stores, at gun shows, in police stations, and everywhere else guns are present on a daily basis.

Post imported post

JT wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    I concur. In some ways I'm glad they've started this Starbucks Anti-OC campaign, as it really unmasks their true agenda.

They are not simply trying to keep illegal guns out of the hands of criminals. They are actively trying to constrain the gun-rights of law-abiding citizens. The thought of OC becoming "normalized" must scare the @#$% out of them.

Post imported post

I'd just go and have coffee and take Epic Bearded Man with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFmaIY9FZzY

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
    I'd just go and have coffee and take Epic Bearded Man with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFmaIY9FZzY
    Oh man, Epic Bearded Man...

Well, I guess when guns and knives aren't the answer, you need a good man to make fisticuffs with your enemies.

Post imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
    oc spray
    That there is funny I don't care who you are

Post imported post

i think it would be funny. especially baiting you to draw. they'd never expect it. isn't unwanted touching called 'battery'? commit battery and get a faceful.

Post imported post

DanM wrote:

Paul Helmke:

Sure do respect Starbucks position. They stated that they do not want to be in the middle. The old addage, if you are not going to be part of the solution at least don't be part of the problem. Starbucks, byNOT being part of the problem is part of the solution.

Post imported post

DEFENSOR wrote:
    DanM wrote:

Paul Helmke:

Sure do respect Starbucks position. They stated that they do not want to be in the middle. The old addage, if you are not going to be part of the solution at least don't be part of the problem. Starbucks, byNOT being part of the problem is part of the solution.
    Yep, and most important to observe is that after Starbucks very publicly stated that they did NOT want to be caught up in this, it was not our side but the Bradyites who, as shown above, basically said that they did not give a F&*K what Starbucks wants. And in so doing also exposed who are the "extremists" in this arguement. Hint: It ain't us.

Post imported post

The story has made it's way to the BBC. There is a clip at about 00:20 of that weasel Helmke. Is he creepy or what? He makes my skin crawl. I hope he hasn't reproduced.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/8553101.stm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast