• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dominion Shooting Range

driveramsII

imported post

In need of a little advice from the locals...

Im planning to head to Dominion this weekend sometime to put some rounds down range. My question is what is the best time to go? I have never been to Dominion before, do they tend to get packed at certain times or anything? Is there a specific time I should be looking to head up there or to avoid?

Thanks guys/gals

ClumsyCandy

imported post

driveramsII wrote:
In need of a little advice from the locals...

Im planning to head to Dominion this weekend sometime to put some rounds down range. My question is what is the best time to go? I have never been to Dominion before, do they tend to get packed at certain times or anything? Is there a specific time I should be looking to head up there or to avoid?

Thanks guys/gals

If you call them and ask them, they'll tell you how busy they are and if there is a wait time for a lane. Also, ask if they are holding a class that will have range time, since they use a few lanes for that. Also ask if they are having a class that day, because if they are, you can pull up and the lot will be full but only one or two people in the lanes. Be aware there is a gun show this weekend so that tends to bring out a few more people, especially in the afternoon wanting to try out their new toys. : ) Dress warm as its not so much an indoor range as an enclosed one : ).

ClumsyCandy

imported post

driveramsII wrote:
Thanks for that tid bit Clumsy as I am taking the girlfriend and she doesnt take to the cold very well.

They do have heaters but again, only does you good if you are standing in front of them which you can't while you're shooting. And of course the fans are always on. Remember to tell her to lean forward as we women have a tendency to lean back! : )

driveramsII

imported post

We made it out to Dominion this morning... put a hurting on some paper. This was with my Bersa 9 and a rented CZ rami because Im looking for a compact, both me and my gf shooting at 7/15/25 yards. BG would be in some pain.

Dominion%20Outing.jpg

Just a side note: there were a couple older gentlemen there talking about the Starbucks OC issue of late. One appeared to be carrying a Colt? 1911 and the other a stainless revolver. Anyone on here? Sorry I didnt sit and talk, I was busy putting holes in paper. :D

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

driveramsII wrote:
We made it out to Dominion this morning... put a hurting on some paper. This was with my Bersa 9 and a rented CZ rami because Im looking for a compact, both me and my gf shooting at 7/15/25 yards. BG would be in some pain.

Dominion%20Outing.jpg

Just a side note: there were a couple older gentlemen there talking about the Starbucks OC issue of late. One appeared to be carrying a Colt? 1911 and the other a stainless revolver. Anyone on here? Sorry I didnt sit and talk, I was busy putting holes in paper. :D

driver - are you right handed or left handed?

driveramsII

imported post

Right handed... the target is kinda a lot to process. There were two different pistols shot at it by two different people at two different distances lol. I even double tapped probably 20 rounds or so.

The group down towards the bottom/left of the 7 ring was my girlfriends first time firing my 9. She shot about 15 rounds through it total.

The group of 5 with no marks on them toward the bottom of the 9 ring I believe were my 5 shots at 25 yds. Other than that i can't really tell ya what group was what, I just marked them off... maybe I should number the groups or use more targets. O well it was more of a fun shoot around day with the girlfriend than true practice.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

driveramsII wrote:
The group down towards the bottom/left of the 7 ring was my girlfriends first time firing my 9. She shot about 15 rounds through it total.
Looks like she might have a bit too much finger on the trigger and a slight flinch when the shot is fired...not too bad though, and easily corrected. :)

driveramsII

imported post

She probably did as that was her first time ever shooting my pistol. She got better as she progressed. My pistol is a little too big for her hands too but she can hold her own. I wouldnt want to be on the other end of the barrel. :shock: