Thread: Decent CPL class in the area.

Post imported post

A friend of mine is getting a CPL here sooner or later, and asked me to recommend a CPL instructor for him. I personally took my class about 2 hours away, so I was unable to recommend my personal instructor to him because he's not willing to drive to drive that far.

I'm looking for an instructor in the Macomb Co. area that is informative with CORRECT information. It seems every damn CPL instructor these days doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Anyone have any recommendations?
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    A friend of mine is getting a CPL here sooner or later, and asked me to recommend a CPL instructor for him. I personally took my class about 2 hours away, so I was unable to recommend my personal instructor to him because he's not willing to drive to drive that far.

I'm looking for an instructor in the Macomb Co. area that is informative with CORRECT information. It seems every damn CPL instructor these days doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Some of the members here will probably recommend Hunts With Double Range in Shelby Township and/or Wild West Academy in Royal Oak.

Post imported post

http://www.migunteacher.com/

This guy has the correct info.

No, its not me.

He might be too far away, but e-mail him, he might know somebody good in your area.

Post imported post

My friend Mark runs the Wild West Academy. He definitely knows what he is talking about, and he even has Dean Greenblatt come out for larger classes.

The cheapest option is probably Action Impact in Southfield. They offer a 99 dollar "ccw" course that they have been airing radio ads about. I believe they are anti OC in their store, and their prices on products leave much to be desired, but they definitely are the cheapest I know of in this area for CPL training. Whether or not they are competent with teaching the laws and such I don't know, but it is a fact that you can learn these things on your own.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

If willing to drive. Midwest Tactical Training.

www.mwtac.com

Skip Coryell, Larry Jackson, owners and instructors along with Sheriff Dar Leaf, are excellent instructors. The range time at the class is well worth the drive even for those who already have a CPL.

Post imported post

Action Impact has been advertising a one day class for $99 on the radio.They're in Southfield.The right info can be had after any class right here.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!