• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Decent CPL class in the area.

malignity

imported post

A friend of mine is getting a CPL here sooner or later, and asked me to recommend a CPL instructor for him. I personally took my class about 2 hours away, so I was unable to recommend my personal instructor to him because he's not willing to drive to drive that far.

I'm looking for an instructor in the Macomb Co. area that is informative with CORRECT information. It seems every damn CPL instructor these days doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Anyone have any recommendations?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

malignity wrote:
A friend of mine is getting a CPL here sooner or later, and asked me to recommend a CPL instructor for him. I personally took my class about 2 hours away, so I was unable to recommend my personal instructor to him because he's not willing to drive to drive that far.

I'm looking for an instructor in the Macomb Co. area that is informative with CORRECT information. It seems every damn CPL instructor these days doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Anyone have any recommendations?
Some of the members here will probably recommend Hunts With Double Range in Shelby Township and/or Wild West Academy in Royal Oak.

Michigander

imported post

My friend Mark runs the Wild West Academy. He definitely knows what he is talking about, and he even has Dean Greenblatt come out for larger classes.

The cheapest option is probably Action Impact in Southfield. They offer a 99 dollar "ccw" course that they have been airing radio ads about. I believe they are anti OC in their store, and their prices on products leave much to be desired, but they definitely are the cheapest I know of in this area for CPL training. Whether or not they are competent with teaching the laws and such I don't know, but it is a fact that you can learn these things on your own.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

If willing to drive. Midwest Tactical Training.

www.mwtac.com

Skip Coryell, Larry Jackson, owners and instructors along with Sheriff Dar Leaf, are excellent instructors. The range time at the class is well worth the drive even for those who already have a CPL.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Action Impact has been advertising a one day class for $99 on the radio.They're in Southfield.The right info can be had after any class right here.