• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDIHV - Open Carry Dinner in Herndon Virginia

eddyys

imported post

Damn, missed it =/

I need to check up more often =/

Oh well. I still need to move to VA. I have been currently renovating the house in MD and haven't had much time for anything else. It looks more like I will be moving in early May as latest now. Oh well. Ill catch up with you next time!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

NO GUNS ALLOWED at HERNDON OR ANNANDALE FUDDS

- - -

On March 24th we held an Open Carry dinner at the Herndon Fuddruckers. Before the dinner, I called the manager and told him I had a group of 25-30 people coming that night. He was very pleased.

Once we got there, the manager was very accommodating and even gave everyone in our group 20% off their bill.

Everyone (in our group anyway) had a very good time. I then got this e-mail from a friend that went to Fudds in Herndon the other day

- - - -- - - - - - -
So... I went into Fudds today for lunch and was approached by themanager asking me a bunch of gun related questions. Then proceeded to tell me about your open carry dinner the week before last. Hesaid a lady complained to the district manager and he was instructed not to allow anyone with a firearm into the restaurant ever againunder any circumstances. He told me the district manager was incharge or the Annandale store as well. The GM who was very nice andagreed with me 100% but he was a bit scared of his boss the districtguy. I told him I was going to follow up with the district managerand he said that would be a great idea. The store GM's name is JuanChicas-703-318-9438 cell-571-214-2716

The district guy is John Tool 703-994-9442 (however, he is onvacation this week)

Just thought I would pass this along considering how much businessyou drum up for them.

Let me know what ya think,
RJ
- - - - - - - -

After I received the above e-mail, I called Juan (the Herndon manager) and we was very stressed about all of this. He said his GM, John Tool was very upset with him. I explained I would call John Tool and talk to him... He was thankful and asked that I don't return (with my firearm) until I straighten things out with the GM-John Tool.

Today I was able to have the conversation with John Tool. It did not go well. Maybe I did not explain things as well as I could have but I think I did a pretty good job. Either way, I will not be giving any business to the Herndon or Annandale Fuddruckers.

Here is the audio from my conversation with John Tool, the GM of the Annandale and Herndon Fuddruckers: http://flyboyed.com/fudds.mp3

Ed

eddyys

imported post

This is very saddening to me and most likely to fellow members. 2 steps forward 1 step back.

Ed, you seemed a bit threatening when you said you were going to add them to the "black list". I think that could have handled that a bit better. Other than that I think you handled quite well.

You made good points on several levels and you did a good job addressing the issue at hand. I give you applause for trying to reason with him on his decision to uphold the policy in corporate owned restaurants. Again, it might not be his call.

Other than that, applause for trying. :D

nova

imported post

Well, I can't state how unhappy I am with this...

The annandale location has been where we have always gone after the VCDL meetings...

If this is true, then I know for sure that the folks at the Annandale location wil NOT be happy, we have always been guaranteed business every month for a LONG time, and the manager there has always given us a warm welcome, once even assuring we were fine after asking the media to leave.

I now need to find out if the Fairfax location is run by the same people. I know (last time I was there) the manager was more than supportive.

Perhaps someone should ask them if satisfying one complaining patron is worth trading 50+ loyal customers...

edit: guess all locs. are no good :X

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/41708.html

Marco

imported post

The district guy is John Tool 703-994-9442 (however, he is onvacation this week)
I just left a lengthy VM for the DM, personally I prefer 5-Guys burgers.
The Annandale Fudderrucker's bottom $ will suffer, 30+ people for a monthly dinner now gone.
What bothers me is we are losing what was thought to be a pro 2A establishment.

I no longer have a reason to patronize Fuddrucker's.:(

darthmord

imported post

This bites. We were starting to become regulars at the Fuddrucker's on Virginia Beach Blvd near Independence.

Never had a word of complaint there. Just a friendly nod and thank you for our patronage.

I guess I'll have to write a letter to the local store and to the GM letting them know what kind of business they'll be losing from my family & friends.

Marco

imported post

nova wrote:
I now need to find out if the Fairfax location is run by the same people. I know (last time I was there) the manager was more than supportive.
John is the DM of all NoVA and Dc locations.