• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay and other NE WI OC friendly municipalities

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Well, if $100/gallon Sapphire is "the sauce" then maybe I can be bribed with a dram of Jura or Glen'. But even that is out weighed by the hypothetical company.
the man likes very aged single malt, maybe there is hope.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Can I come too ? I will bring a large bottle of Bombay Sapphire for Dougy.:lol:
Sorry mang...I am not kidding...... :?
I was being sarcastic, Interceptor :cool: I would not sit down and drink with Doug for nothing. Your far more of a gentlemen & forgiving than I.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
This is the part you left out:

and make up anything you need to arrest the individual so we can set an example for all the rest of the Open Carry scum bags that are flooding my city and taking away all of our glory. we are the only ones who should be able to carry guns and be able to defend ourselves from the rest of this peon society.
Absolute fabricated conjecture as you have no first hand case of this happening to an Open Carrier in Green Bay (false unjustified charges). This is probably the best memo we have seen so far. It is in line 100% with the AG memo. ;)
You sure have some awesome dreams.
Says the man with no basis in reality for his conjecture.....;)
Well, outside the fact that I have been dealing with some legal beagle stuff this past week and have really gotten a front row view as to just how assanine the police can be. I am very confident in my conjecture.

Until you can prove me wrong there is no argument.

Prove me wrong. Strap up, holster up and carry on all over Green Bay and lets see the outcome. I don't mean just go to a few stores or restaurants. I mean go to places where you know for a fact that police officers frequent and lets see if they don't stop you, question you and try to find some way they can't arrest you for something.

If you don't get stopped or questioned by an officer or at least have one of them make an attempt, I would be highly surprised.

I don't know what your relation to LEO is but for some reason you seem to think you are above being stopped or questioned and any time someone suggests that this may happen you are quick to defend LEO.

It must be nice to have some type of inside connection and know you will never have any issues. Good for you.

But don't sugar coat anything for any of the newbies here. They all need to know the truth and that is the police are not your friends. they do not get paid to be your friend. In fact you might be lucky if you get a decent response or reception from one of them should you be open carrying. And that is because you are bursting their bubble. Taking away their glory. Stomping on their ego.

They are suppose to be the only ones to carry a firearm for self defense. Just ask them they will tell you.

Now lets look at reality. Don't talk to cops. In case you for get that I will say it again. Don't talk to cops.

I don't care what memo is put out. It doesn't mean that every officer will abide by it. they do not all abide by the AG memo and that holds more weight than the chiefs memo.

I use to think there was some way that we could all work together and educate the cops and the general public. We might be able to do something with the public but the cops have to big of egos to learn anything from us.

Just carry on and enjoy you rights but don't think for a minute that the cops are going to do you any favors. Might actually mean they would have to admit we were right about something.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I don't mean just go to a few stores or restaurants. I mean go to places where you know for a fact that police officers frequent and lets see if they don't stop you, question you and try to find some way they can't arrest you for something.

If you don't get stopped or questioned by an officer or at least have one of them make an attempt, I would be highly surprised.

I don't know what your relation to LEO is but for some reason you seem to think you are above being stopped or questioned and any time someone suggests that this may happen you are quick to defend LEO.

It must be nice to have some type of inside connection and know you will never have any issues. Good for you.

But don't sugar coat anything for any of the newbies here. .

Who's sugar coating anything. I have no issue with being stopped, questioned and even (GASP!) showing them my ID.....:lol:

I would prefer that they know my name and face. It makes things easier... Not all of us are bent on having an adversarial relationship with the local police departments.

My best observation for the newbies is to not play stupid games to win stupid prizes... Act like a jerk, expect to be treated like a jerk.;)

knob2040

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
maybe this year we can get together at Bay Beach here in Green Bay for a Picnic / Social.....of course this would not be an  "organized event " .. just a few:lol:  of us getting together....maybe this Summer sometime...:cool:

I'm up for it.. I'm about 1/2 of a mile away from there.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I don't mean just go to a few stores or restaurants. I mean go to places where you know for a fact that police officers frequent and lets see if they don't stop you, question you and try to find some way they can't arrest you for something.

But don't sugar coat anything for any of the newbies here. .

Who's sugar coating anything. I have no issue with being stopped, questioned and even (GASP!) showing them my ID.....:lol:

I would prefer that they know my name and face. It makes things easier... Not all of us are bent on having an adversarial relationship with the local police departments.

My best observation for the newbies is to not play stupid games to win stupid prizes... Act like a jerk, expect to be treated like a jerk.;)
Tell that to Frank, Para, eleuthra, Portias and the many others who have been stopped, arrested and otherwise harassed by the POLICE who are there to serve, harass and NOT protect the law abiding citizens.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

The adversarial component of the citizen/cop relationship does not usually stem from the law abiding citizen who is simply exercising their rights.
Ask theseus about how well it worked out for him by cooperating with the police in his area and gladly showing them his identification, From my understanding of the situation not too well. They came to his home several days later and arrested him after searching for a way to charge him. The police in his town found a way to get a judge to say that private property is not actuallyprivate property, and the nailed him on a GFSZ violation. Now what do you think would have happened if he did not offer up his ID, they would have had no way to know who he was, and they could not have came after him later and charged him with a felony.
Gladly handing over your ID just because it is requested is not cooperating with the police, it is waiving your rights. By continuing to waive your rights to any cop that asks is training them that they can do this to anyone, it is like rewarding a dog for unwanted behavior. And if you reward a dog for bad behavior, they will continue to do it and piss everyone off.

My best observation for the newbies is to not play stupid games to win stupid prizes... Act like a jerk, expect to be treated like a jerk.
Are you stating that as it being a two-way street?
Sowhen acop starts acting like a jerk by harassing a law abiding citizen for open-carry, that person should return the favor?
I happen to agree, if they act like a jerk and stop me to go on a fishing expedition and start demanding my ID, they get nothing but silence and a view of my wide ass while I calmlywalk away.

I just do not see that letter from the G-B police chief as friendly, I see it as him telling his officers to harass law abiding citizens by stopping them for no reason, and how to weasel their way into what he considers probable cause for an arrest. And for what? Exercising a right guaranteed by both our federal and state constitutions! Yup, doesn't sound too friendly to me!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

knob2040 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
maybe this year we can get together at Bay Beach here in Green Bay for a Picnic / Social.....of course this would not be an "organized event " .. just a few:lol: of us getting together....maybe this Summer sometime...:cool:

We will do something at Bay Beach this year. not sure of a date yet . Stay tuned ! :D

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Tell that to Frank, Para, eleuthra, Portias and the many others who have been stopped, arrested and otherwise harassed by the POLICE who are there to serve, harass and NOT protect the law abiding citizens.
Did you miss the point where I stated my policy of showing ID?Doing such a simple thing can help diffuse the situation.....:dude:

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
From my understanding of the situation not too well. They came to his home several days later and arrested him after searching for a way to charge him. The police in his town found a way to get a judge to say that private property is not actuallyprivate property,
Details??

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
knob2040 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
maybe this year we can get together at Bay Beach here in Green Bay for a Picnic / Social.....of course this would not be an "organized event " .. just a few:lol: of us getting together....maybe this Summer sometime...:cool:

We will do something at Bay Beach this year. not sure of a date yet . Stay tuned ! :D
knob2040 wrote:
Grill out?

The thing with Open Carry is that is should not be an extraordinary event. It should be a given. If you go to a park to grill out with your family, you should be 100% sober (drink soda pop) and carrying. If you go with a few friends, the same scenerio should play out. Don't make a fuss, just do it!!:)

Beginning May 1st the picnic areas at Bay Beach are open. I plan to grill out at Bay Beach on a regular basis this year.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
knob2040 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

knob2040 wrote:
Grill out?

The thing with Open Carry is that is should not be an extraordinary event. It should be a given. If you go to a park to grill out with your family, you should be 100% sober (drink soda pop) and carrying. If you go with a few friends, the same scenerio should play out. Don't make a fuss, just do it!!:)

Beginning May 1st the picnic areas at Bay Beach are open. I plan to grill out at Bay Beach on a regular basis this year.
SAME HERE, maybe once a week. love grilled red meat.....mmmmmm

Nutczak

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
From my understanding of the situation not too well. They came to his home several days later and arrested him after searching for a way to charge him. The police in his town found a way to get a judge to say that private property is not actuallyprivate property,
Details??
My case in California. I was open carrying at a laundry mat that was within 1000 feet of a school that I didn't know existed. Cost me over $40K in legal fees and a 10 year revocation of my right to keep and bear arms.

They admitted when they charged me that they knew I wasn't breaking the law, but that they had to do something to get me to stop. Well, they got me to stop.

And I agree with the original poster. . . we might as well give up the rest of our rights. We have lost the fight for out country. Might as well surrender now.[/sarcasm]

You can look up the history of Theseus as an OCDO member and his story, it is also on calguns, and reported in many newspapers and blogs.
I am not going to chase down the exact story when it was pasted all over OCDO for several months when it happened and his subsequent loss in court and how the cops were able to come back at a later date and arrest him when they originally let him go.

If they would not have had his info, they could not of hunted him down and nailed him. DO NOT VOLUNTEER INFORMATION TO THE COPS!!! It will come back and bite you in the ass every single time!

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
. DO NOT VOLUNTEER INFORMATION TO THE COPS!!! It will come back and bite you in the ass every single time!

I do not live in California. We do not have any California type interpretation of Private Property to deal with here. I actally plan to carry my license in a holder around my neck
(tucked in my shirt) so that I do not have to dig in my pockets when the inevitable happens andI am asked for ID while I am carrying.

Like I said, I want them to know who I am. Then there are no excuses regarding not knowing my intentions...:)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
. DO NOT VOLUNTEER INFORMATION TO THE COPS!!! It will come back and bite you in the ass every single time!

I do not live in California. We do not have any California type interpretation of Private Property to deal with here. I actally plan to carry my license in a holder around my neck
(tucked in my shirt) so that I do not have to dig in my pockets when the inevitable happens andI am asked for ID while I am carrying.

Like I said, I want them to know who I am. Then there are no excuses regarding not knowing my intentions...:)
darn it all.:( your making sense again..lol:dude:

Nutczak

imported post

Well I-K, could you please explain what happened to a WI OCDO member (Rebel soul, or something similar) when he volunteered his identification to police in Milwaukee, and they came back three days later and cited him at his home!
Whats your next excuse, that you do not live in Milwaukee??

I could give a rats ass what you want to do, but for the more open-minded and intelligent people in this forumthat would like to learn from others mistakes instead of learning on their own and paying the price as others have before them,
My suggestion is to not even carry identification unless required by law (IE, Driving a motor vehicle) in Wisconsin.

We are not required to carry identifying papers in this state, But against the advice of countless attorneys, you'll gladly waive your rights to privacy? I just do not get it!