• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

state farm lawyer appointment regarding my burglary

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

USAA is an excellent company! I have had them for many, many years. Over the years me, my sons and daughter all have gotten USAA for our homes, cars and other items of expense. For firearms they will issue you a separate policy. The standard homeowners policy will not cover your firearms as you may be thinking. The firearm insurance is rather expensive and you have to catalog all your guns for them so they know what you have and the serial numbers of each. I opted to NOT get the extra coverage since it actually would cost much more than my homeowners policy by itself. What I did do to "insure" my guns is buy a big ole fireproof gunsafe and store my toys in it. Is it 100% guaranteed? Of course not but it sure as heck will deter anyone who thinks they can just walk in and grab a gun. But once again USAA is a great company that supports the Constitution believe it or not!

So are you a veteran?

Dump State Farm! I had them years ago and they are not very good at doing what they get paid for...to pay for losses. When my motorcycle was stolen in Charleston, SC they accused me of having it stolen and wouldn't pay my claim for six weeks.

M

McX

imported post

they don't allow firearms?! how un-American! go empty holster.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

McX wrote:
they don't allow firearms?! how un-American! go empty holster.

This.....

When I am out Open Carrying I put my holster on in the morning and do not remove it until I return in the evening. Empty holster is a great way to state your point in legal exclusion zones also.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Most people never read their homeowner policies. They figure it's something they need to get a mortgage and so put their trust in an insurance agent. I did. I spent $55,000 over 37 years to an insurance company before I got screwed and learned the facts of life. You can better believe I read, re-read and read again my current policy before I signed the bottom line. You have to take it on yourself to read and understand your policy or pay a real estate lawer a small fee to tell you what it covers and doesn't cover. You can't trust an agent. Insurance agents work for themselves and the insurance company, not for you. To them you are just an income. I speak from personal experience.

scorpio_vette

imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
For firearms they will issue you a separate policy.  The standard homeowners policy will not cover your firearms as you may be thinking. 
Thanks for the heads up, i'll have to look into that. when we switched insurances and i was talking to the agent, he had asked me about home defense or other use firearms/weapons, and told me that ALL LEGAL weapons were COVERED UNDER THE POLICY. but i will double check.

So are you a veteran? 
No. My wife is. I was born into the military and married into the military.

Dump State Farm!  I had them years ago and they are not very good at doing what they get paid for...to pay for losses.  When my motorcycle was stolen in Charleston, SC they accused me of having it stolen and wouldn't pay my claim for six weeks. 
I didn't have to dump them. State farm CANCELED my policy a couple months ago without warning and before even coming to a decision regarding my case.

scorpio_vette

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
IF I was you, I would not got the your scheduled appointment without a lawyer.

No choice. i tried getting lawyers. couldn't find one i could afford. so i'll just keep kicking and screaming by myself. :lol::lol::lol:

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

I cancelled my motorcycle insurance with SF this Saturday. I printed out some "testimonials" showed my agent (been with him for 20 yrs) and told him to whine to corporate that a law abidinggun carrying customer was lost.

Too bad house, car, property were already with different company. I could have cut even deeper into the profits.

I do not know what will happen when and if he responds butSF lost a customer based on the attitude they have displayed.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
rcawdor57 wrote:
For firearms they will issue you a separate policy. The standard homeowners policy will not cover your firearms as you may be thinking.
Thanks for the heads up, i'll have to look into that. when we switched insurances and i was talking to the agent, he had asked me about home defense or other use firearms/weapons, and told me that ALL LEGAL weapons were COVERED UNDER THE POLICY. but i will double check. Yes, please check. There may be a difference in your policy and mine if you have just a few firearms. I have over 100 and they fill quite a few safes. When I told USAA how many I had they said no problem but it would have to be on a separate policy due to the value of the firearms. I opted to just keep them in safes and not worry about it. The cost would have been thousands a year for insurance.

So are you a veteran?
No. My wife is. I was born into the military and married into the military. LOL! I was born into the military as well. Army brat. Give my support to your wife for her service! The country supports her!

Dump State Farm! I had them years ago and they are not very good at doing what they get paid for...to pay for losses. When my motorcycle was stolen in Charleston, SC they accused me of having it stolen and wouldn't pay my claim for six weeks.
I didn't have to dump them. State farm CANCELED my policy a couple months ago without warning and before even coming to a decision regarding my case. I guess that is why they call them "Snake Farm". USAA will treat you right! Loans and credit cards with them are also good but they are very difficult to get due to USAA's high standards for "discretionary income".

Hunting Mama

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Ya'll have me thinking now. I have SF for everything. When I got my policy insuring my guns was very important to me, so I was up front with them and I just have an additional ryder on my insurance for them. But now I think I must do some more research. :banghead:I hate research, but it seems this will protect me in the future. So I will eat this frog I guess. ;)

Thanks everyone!

bigdaddy1

imported post

Scorpio, call the Wisconsin Legal Aid Society. These are attorneys that do pro-bonno work. They may be able to help you. I would post pone the meeting until such time as you procure legal council. Also inform them exactly why you are postponing. Let them know you are getting a lawyer. They may change their tone once they realize that.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good call getting USAA. THey and Amica Mutual are the two top rated insurance carriers WRT customer satisfaction and usually price as well. Clark Howard highly recommends them both. USAA just recently opened up it's coverage to ALL men and women that have served this great country honorably.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

SF has been good with us so far, but we have never had a claim. When I was hit by their insured, they always got things fixed for us rather quickly with very little arguing over damages.

I do remembergetting a verypanicked phone call from my SF agent saying there is no way they can insure a wild animal in our home, and we should get rid of it as soon as we can.

Through my laughter I was able toget out"TheBobcatcoverage we inquired aboutis for our newskid-steer!"

I was laughing so hard the GF had to take the phone to try and explain to the guy that what he was freaking out about was not a feral feline, but a diesel powered loader for snow removal for our business.

I still bust his chops over it, and I even gave him a baseball hat with the Bobcat logo on it.

hunter9mm

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
SF has been good with us so far, but we have never had a claim. When I was hit by their insured, they always got things fixed for us rather quickly with very little arguing over damages.

I do remembergetting a verypanicked phone call from my SF agent saying there is no way they can insure a wild animal in our home, and we should get rid of it as soon as we can.

Through my laughter I was able toget out"TheBobcatcoverage we inquired aboutis for our newskid-steer!"

I was laughing so hard the GF had to take the phone to try and explain to the guy that what he was freaking out about was not a feral feline, but a diesel powered loader for snow removal for our business.

I still bust his chops over it, and I even gave him a baseball hat with the Bobcat logo on it.
aarggggggg :banghead:

scorpio_vette

imported post

Wow........my wife just got a taste of how screwed up and crooked lawyers are.

not only didn't he not even talk about the burglary, but everything else related or unrelated, but on top of that he has taken conversations from the internet across different forums and turn them into complete lies against me. he has produced FALSE "evidence" of me trying to sell the tools online after having claimed them as stolen, and just completely turned me into a criminal who's been planning/committing fraud for the past several years.

there was not a single ounce of honesty or attempt to help or find truthful information. he took things i said that are in no way harmful, dishonest or in any way malicious and turned them against me, and provided things that i have never said or done (such as sales adds that i supposedly posted).

the state farm agent was on conference call listening the whole time.

so finally i got so pissed off that i told them i was no longer going to sit there and take it up the ass while they continuously labeled me a criminal. i told the state farm agent that obviously i couldn't afford a lawyer to @#$% others over they way they were doing. and instead of just dragging this out they might as well just tell me to my face that they're just trying to @#$% me. and since you obviously already dropped our police a while back and think we're not longer worth anything @#$% YOU.

and i just walked out.

just goes to show once again that the victims get @#$%ed and the criminals win.

and yes i know you are most likely reading this and printing this out. so i hope you feel great that you're such a great lawyer that you can @#$% over poor broke people who just lost everything they had. you should be @#$%ing proud of yourself. so with that in mind. @#$% YOU AND STATE FARM.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Scorpio, it sucks I know but at least you let them have it. I too hate lawyers and think most of them are snakes out to "rape, rob, pillage and steal" from anyone they can. I hope with USAA you NEVER have to go through anything like that again. I have had four major claims with USAA with three of them all within the last year. The lowest claim was around $2200 with the top two passing $4K. All automobile accidents with only one with us at fault. Our rates did not increase nor was there anything negative in dealing with our USAA representative(s). You are in for a big surprise having USAA. They are really great and their prices are pretty hard to beat. Also, if you get a checking and/or a savings account with them that will save you check fees and other B.S. banking fees since they do not charge fees like other banks. Every year I get a check deposited into my checking account from USAA from my "subscriber account". Anyway, they basically pay you a share of the profits each year.

Don't forget that you can adjust or change ANYTHING on your car and homeowners insurance online! Being able to do that through the Internet is great!

The lunch today was awesome! Lot's of people and lot's of fun! Hope you can make it to the next open carry event.