• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nicole Brodeur (SeattleTimes.com) tells OCers to shut up and go away

kwiebe

imported post

That's quite the statistical sampling you got there, Nicole.

You'd think that in the google era we'd see an uptick in the quality of work produced by these people. Instead, they seem to get even lazier. Either that, or they have an agenda. Hmm...

I wouldn't be surprised to see more opposition spun this way, since their old tactics have failed so miserably.

killchain

imported post

kwiebe wrote:
That's quite the statistical sampling you got there, Nicole.

You'd think that in the google era we'd see an uptick in the quality of work produced by these people. Instead, they seem to get even lazier. Either that, or they have an agenda. Hmm...

I wouldn't be surprised to see more opposition spun this way, since their old tactics have failed so miserably.
And the sad part is that since her piece is on a newspaper website, some impressionable college kid can use it as a cited reference for some anti-gun crap.

antispam540

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Hmm. Now I don't feel like part of the group anymore. I can't saunter. I even took classes to try to learn and the teacher told me I would never be able to saunter in a manner that would convey my proper contempt for the safety of others. It was sooo humiliating. :(
I don't saunter - it gets entirely the wrong sort of attention from some guys :uhoh:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Nor does it reinforce the oft-repeated defense that the majority of gun owners put safety first and understand the weight of their weapons."

I think most of us understand the weight of our weapons ... that's why we usually wear belts made for carry to keep them from pulling down our pants ...