• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nicole Brodeur (SeattleTimes.com) tells OCers to shut up and go away

kito109654

imported post

Another ignorant reporter not doing her research. This is what we were to expect from the libtard Seattle media from this event. This is exactly why I decided against going that morning even though I had planned to.

We've been painted ugly, again.

that kind of guy

imported post

Another example of a reporter citing an example that has no weight. When it comes to our right to bear arms, they cite these little examples (the incident in the park) as reason why law abiding citizens shouldn't be carrying guns... because something might happen?

Last I checked I might die in a car crash today, get ecoli at the restaurant tonight, or break my ankle playing basketball tomorrow morning... but you won't see me refrain from any of those activities. The notion of not doing somethingbecause something bad MIGHT happen is no way to live.

Norman

imported post

Could you imagine if anything that was feared by someone in the public was outlawed? Clothing, motorcycles, sports cars, pickup trucks, pocket knives.

Honestly I'm more worried about people's dogs than I am guns. Can we outlaw dogs in public?

amlevin

imported post

Isn't it strange that people like her scream like a stepped on cat when anyone talks about limiting the actions of the press. First Amendment becomes their battle cry. Ok, so they get theirs and the 2nd is not equally important???????? Perhaps when they were reading the Bill of Rights, they read the First Amendment and then stopped. After they got those rights they felt were important, the rest didn't matter. When will the idiots in the News Media realize that the Bill of Rights is a complete document, every part of which is essential to the well being of this country. It is not a Chinese Menu that you can order "One from Column A, one from Column C, and I don't want any of the rest".

DaemonForce

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
i fear people with signs attached to deadly sticks, can weban them?
It's aprocess thingwhich makes it slow as shit but it can be done. :\

Norman wrote:
Could you imagine if anything that was feared by someone in the public was outlawed? Clothing, motorcycles, sports cars, pickup trucks, pocket knives.
Lack of clothes is outlawed in a number of places and in some place it causes refusal of service.

Motorcycles should be glorified as the efficient risk/reward machines they are.

Sports cars are a status symbol. Some of them need to be banned.

All three of my trucks are rediculously expensiveenvironmental disasters. They also need to be banned.

My pocket knife is banned in the State of Washington and I could face serious penalties on possession alone. :uhoh:

Norman wrote:
Honestly I'm more worried about people's dogs than I am guns. Can we outlaw dogs in public?
I've been attacked by large dogs when I was still a child. Once when I was on my bicycle and the dog's owner had him on a leash. The big lunk was scampering towards me pulling the owner with him. Large aggressive dangerous dogs shouldn't be banned. They should be locked up. Certain dogs are banned inurban areas.

amzbrady

imported post

DaemonForce wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
It's aprocess thingwhich makes it slow as @#$% but it can be done. :

Norman wrote:
Lack of clothes is outlawed in a number of places and in some place it causes refusal of service.

All three of my trucks are rediculously expensiveenvironmental disasters. They also need to be banned.

My pocket knife is banned in the State of Washington and I could face serious penalties on possession alone. :uhoh:

Norman wrote:
I've been attacked by large dogs when I was still a child. Once when I was on my bicycle and the dog's owner had him on a leash. The big lunk was scampering towards me pulling the owner with him. Large aggressive dangerous dogs shouldn't be banned. They should be locked up. Certain dogs are banned inurban areas.
can we ban criminals... :uhoh:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
DaemonForce wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Norman wrote:

Norman wrote:
OMG, why didn't we think of that sooner?!!!!!

Stretch

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
DaemonForce wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Norman wrote:

Norman wrote:
No, let us educate them and reform them. :banghead:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Stretch wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
DaemonForce wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Norman wrote:

Norman wrote:
No, let us educate them and reform them. :banghead:
Maybe we can just ban ASSAULTcriminals!

Bo

imported post

I fear almost everyone else driving on the 405 with me.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone reads Ms. Brodeur's column. It's almost like having your dentist drill out a cavity without numbing your mouth up first.

I can't read any of the Times or the P.I.'s editorials or columns with feeling my blood pressure rise considerably.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

You know, I actually very much believe in people's right to not live in fear or be scared because someone's open carrying. It's quite an easy solution, which I'll take from Deros: Grow a pair and quit being scared! Problem solved!

heresolong

imported post

Hmm. Now I don't feel like part of the group anymore. I can't saunter. I even took classes to try to learn and the teacher told me I would never be able to saunter in a manner that would convey my proper contempt for the safety of others. It was sooo humiliating. :(