Thread: I OC'ed at my local Starbucks tonight..

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Met a friend up at Starbucks tonight to chat about the Loudoun County election tomorrow (We are supporting Candace Stother for chair). Ordered my coffee and asked about how much the "gun issue" had come up in conversation the last two days... LOL.. There were three employees behind the counter and not ONE of the three knew ANYTHING about it... after I explained it, they were all like.. "who cares".

exactly.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I OC'd at my local one today. The server asked me about it and professed her support for the 2nd Amendment. No problems, and I had a yummy iced coffee.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    they were all like.. "who cares".
    Other than those of us here at OCDO and those with the Brady Bunch, I don't think anyone really cares. I brought it up at work today and nobody had heard anything about all the controversy. It was a non-issue until they Brady Bunch started whining.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    ed wrote:
    Other than those of us here at OCDO and those with the Brady Bunch, I don't think anyone really cares. I brought it up at work today and nobody had heard anything about all the controversy. It was a non-issue until they Brady Bunch started whining.
    According to us, and Starbucks, it still is a non-issue and we'd all like to keep it that way. The Bradys on the other hand... :?

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    ed wrote:
    According to us, and Starbucks, it still is a non-issue and we'd all like to keep it that way. The Bradys on the other hand... :?
    According to us? Have you counted how many Starbucks threads there are around here lately?

We are trying to be cool, but it's certainly not a "non-issue" for us, else we'd be talking about something else. Many of us don't care about Starbuck's per se, but we see the Brady Bunch going after private businesses and we figure if they win here they'll try it again with Wal-Mart or Fuddruckers or a host of other chain stores.

We instinctively want to fight the Bradys on any front they choose, even when it makes no sense for us to do so. Years of battling against their ideology has conditioned us to respond. Whenever they change tactics we worry that they may be on to something this time.

Fact is they are probably not; we are winning the battle of hearts and minds strategically, which makes all their tactical moves irrelevant, but they can still do damage in the short term by getting a ban pushed through here or there.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Many of us don't care about Starbuck's per se, but we see the Brady Bunch going after private businesses and we figure if they win here they'll try it again with Wal-Mart or Fuddruckers or a host of other chain stores.
    They were successful with CPK so I sent CPK owners a post card.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

"Creating gun free zones is dangerous."

</grammar nazi>

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    "Creating gun free zones is dangerous."

</grammar nazi>
    Well, if you want to get picky, "Columbine, Virginia Tech and Ft. Hood were all GUN FREE ZONES."

roscoe13
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

"In this economy, it's hard to believe you want to turn away law abiding citizens."

That's the message that should hit closest to home.

With all these movie scene parodies floating around, someone needs to do one for that scene in The Godfather, where Sollozzo meets with Don Corleone and the boys about getting them to kick in a million dollars to start up a new "business".

The dialog would be dubbed to present a discussion on how Corleone's business is doing so well, they feel that they can kick out all the gun carriers from their stores... even though they'll lose a lot of customers doing that, they can afford it anyway... someone more talented than I would have to write the lines to fit the scene...

Finally at the end, leave in the original line, Sollozzo raising his glass and saying "Te salut, Don Corleone." The next few frames with Corleone showing his signature expression, basking in his good fortune are priceless!

TFred

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    nova wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    ed wrote:
    According to us? Have you counted how many Starbucks threads there are around here lately?

We are trying to be cool, but it's certainly not a "non-issue" for us, else we'd be talking about something else. Many of us don't care about Starbuck's per se, but we see the Brady Bunch going after private businesses and we figure if they win here they'll try it again with Wal-Mart or Fuddruckers or a host of other chain stores.
    You're right about that. But what I was meaning was that we gun carriers never pushed the issue with Starbucks anymore than we did any other place. Or at least that's my viewpoint.

Post imported post

Once again....good job Ed!

Post imported post

Hey ed, I just so happened to be at that Cascades Starbucksas welllast night, but only stopped by for a few minutes. Becareful of the tallblack lady (whousually hasbloodshot eyes)whois one ofthe managers there, a few months ago she kicked me out for OCing and calledsecurity.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

moecomputer wrote:
    Hey ed, I just so happened to be at that Cascades Starbucksas welllast night, but only stopped by for a few minutes. Becareful of the tallblack lady (whousually hasbloodshot eyes)whois one ofthe managers there, a few months ago she kicked me out for OCing and calledsecurity.
    Did you follow through with corporate?

It appears to be a moot issue now - SB management has spoken.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Thinking back now, I was at the Cascades Starbucks last year before one of the dinners out there. Never had a problem