• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BATFE and EFS # 13 - Tell your congressman "Hell No!"

Thundar

imported post

[align=left]Emergency Support Function #13

ATF is also seeking additional resources to support our responsibilities under the National Response Framework (NRF), which is the Federal strategy for providing a unified national response to natural disasters and acts of terrorism. The NRF provides for 15 “emergency support functions” (ESFs), including ESF #13, which covers public safety and security. More specifically, the mission of ESF #13 is to assist Federal, State, local, tribal and territorial law enforcement agencies when they are overwhelmed by a disaster or terrorist attack. The Department of Justice has appointed ATF as the lead coordinating agency for ESF #13.

As such, ATF has been tasked with managing day-to-day ESF #13 operations that involve planning and coordinating at the national, State and local level in preparation for emergencies. For example, on a daily basis ATF serves as liaison between the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the governors’ offices, State public safety officials and all levels of law enforcement. We also participate in numerous planning sessions and exercises. In addition, we have developed and maintain a “concept of operations” plan and provide information to States on Federal law enforcement resources available during times of emergencies.

When a national emergency occurs, ESF #13 is activated and ATF deploys to the affected area within six hours of notification. On scene, ATF partners with State law enforcement to evaluate the situation in terms of public safety. We also act as a clearing house to match available Federal law enforcement resources with needs of the requesting jurisdictions and work to ensure that those resources are deployed as quickly as possible. While deployed, ESF #13 resources are typically under the administrative and operational control of the law enforcement agency that requested their assistance; however, at the request of the agency we will provide safety and security for responding ESF resources, as well as administrative support. ESF #13 activations have included the 2007 California wildfires, hurricanes Humberto, Dean and Flossie in 2007, hurricanes Bertha, Dolly, Ike and Gustav in 2008, the 2009 Presidential inauguration and the 2009 Red River Floods. ESF #13 personnel have also been involved with planning security for special events such as Super Bowls.

ATF has been responsible for the coordination of ESF #13 for approximately five years. During that time, ATF has funded these efforts from our base budget; we have received no dedicated funds. As ESF #13 has matured and the level of responsibility has increased, we have found that diverting money from our core budget has adversely affected ATF’s other programs. Moreover, the lack of resources, manpower, equipment and training dedicated to ESF #13 hinders our ability to properly develop a foundation for the program. Additional resources would ensure ATF’s ability to immediately provide the American public with the caliber of law enforcement preparation and response expected from the Department of Justice and the Federal government in a time of crisis.

Our FY 2011 request for ESF #13 is $1,228,000, seven positions and three FTE. That includes $1,078,000 for personnel, $34,000 to fund two national training sessions per year, and $116,000 for travel expenses. The personnel are responsible for developing a national logistics program, coordinating logistics during emergencies, coordinating training at the national and field levels, and maintaining computers in the ESF #13 National Coordination Center.

Our http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2010/03/030410-testimony-atf-dir-melson-fy11-appropriations.html

[/align]

Dreamer

imported post

It's not a conspiracy when they are doing it in plain sight and publishing their plans in the public forum of the Internet.

rpyne

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
It's not a conspiracy when they are doing it in plain sight and publishing their plans in the public forum of the Internet.
It is still a conspiracy, they just think that nothing can stop them now so there is no need to hide what they are doing. ("Tragedy & Hope")

zack991

imported post

From what i personally seen the gooberment do during Katrina, they will abuse their power and go after the citizens again. If they are allowed even more power we will be seeing another stand off with citizen refusing to give up their rights.

SIGguy229

imported post

"ATF deploys to the affected area within six hours of notification. On scene, ATF partners with State law enforcement to evaluate the situation in terms of public safety."

This seems to be outside of their charter.....foul.

Deanimator

imported post

SIGguy229 wrote:
"ATF deploys to the affected area within six hours of notification. On scene, ATF partners with State law enforcement to evaluate the situation in terms of public safety."

This seems to be outside of their charter.....foul.
All the BATFE ever does is DIMINISH public safety.

okboomer

imported post

Actually, my state passed a law that makes it illegal for anyone to try to disarm the citizenry during a declared state of emergency, (which then invokes posse commitas?) This was done in the wake of the illegal gun grabs during Katrina.

Pace

imported post

Eh, maybe this isn't nefarious but just a way to make sure in the next Katrina we don't leave citizens using houses for boats. Y'know?

I've been a FEMA responder, never had them ask me to disarm anyone :)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Missouri also has such a law also passed in light of what happened in NOLA following Katrina. However, the BATFE is the one agency I would not be surprised to see flagrantly violate that state law claiming some federal precedence to steal, er, confiscate your personal self-defense items.

vegasche1023

imported post

okboomer wrote:
Actually, my state passed a law that makes it  illegal for anyone to try to disarm the citizenry during a declared state of emergency, (which then invokes posse commitas?) This was done in the wake of the illegal gun grabs during Katrina.

Do you mean posse comitatus? I googled posse commitas with no luck.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Missouri also has such a law also passed in light of what happened in NOLA following Katrina. However, the BATFE is the one agency I would not be surprised to see flagrantly violate that state law claiming some federal precedence to steal, er, confiscate your personal self-defense items.
Wisconsin did the same thing & passed a similar law, like all laws it's just paper, which is useless , if no one is enforcing it .... once a National emergency is declared, the President will just say, DO IT........I WILL TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY. & they walk right through the Law.....in the name of National security, then here comes the BATFE to Coordinate security on the ground......lol, you mean coordinate weapons confiscations on the Ground. I would assume, this is when the RESET begins & the people defend their rights & fight those who attempt the ILLEGAL confiscations.... IT would take just a matter of hours, for the news to travel around the City that this is taking place...then Law Enforcement loses the concept of surprise as the cat is out of the bag on what they had intended to do, then they have to roll in the Military........Which outrages the people even more, Martial law gets declared, Dusk till Dawn curfews, etc, etc......

There are a few hundred million armed American Gun owners, the Military, Feds & local LE that number about 2 million are hopelessly out numbered and out gunned. Plus, with so many Hundreds of thousands of troops deployed through out the world, there is not much of a military here in American to stop it.

THINGS GET REALLY UGLY NOW.....:uhoh: can we say Civil War / Revolution...

zack991

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Wisconsin did the same thing & passed a similar law, like all laws it's just paper, which is useless , if no one is enforcing it .... once a National emergency is declared, the President will just say, DO IT........I WILL TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY. & they walk right through the Law.....in the name of National security, then here comes the BATFE to Coordinate security on the ground......lol, you mean coordinate weapons confiscations on the Ground. I would assume, this is when the RESET begins & the people defend their rights & fight those who attempt the ILLEGAL confiscations.... IT would take just a matter of hours, for the news to travel around the City that this is taking place...then Law Enforcement loses the concept of surprise as the cat is out of the bag on what they had intended to do, then they have to roll in the Military........Which outrages the people even more, Martial law gets declared, Dusk till Dawn curfews, etc, etc......

There are a few hundred million armed American Gun owners, the Military, Feds & local LE that number about 2 million are hopelessly out numbered and out gunned. Plus, with so many Hundreds of thousands of troops deployed through out the world, there is not much of a military here in American to stop it.

THINGS GET REALLY UGLY NOW.....:uhoh: can we say Civil War / Revolution...
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=7slNE7ckAjI&v=8oMrf6Dq7UA

Wish we had this ability.
http://www.youtube.com/user/illuminatitv#p/search/0/qaE-OQtJkes