• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Made in Oklahoma ?????

ocholik

imported post

What is the new thing about guns stamped with "made in Oklahoma"????

Bullbuster

imported post

To my understanding. If a gun is made, sold, and kept here in OK then it doesn't fall under federal regulation only those of the state. I see it as a good thing for manufactures, and gun owners. Sort of a "Made in Oklahoma, by Oklahomans for Oklahomans".

aadvark

imported post

Exactly.

Say goodbye to things like:

1. Domestic Violence Bans,

2. Felony Bans, and

3. Menatlly Ill Bans.

The State of Oklahoma, and only The State of Oklahoma, would be able to figure out which Oklahomans would be able to Carry, under what Laws and conditions, Open Carry or not, who is prohibited, where is prohibited, etc..

The Brady'Bunch', Handgun Control, and Million Mom March would not have any real weight in Oklahoma anymore. Obviously, they are more contorted to Federal Laws.

Therefore, Federal Law does not apply, it being more than what is permissable under Teh United States Constitution having exceeded its power [Federal Interstate Commerce Clause] as, no Interstate Commerce has occured.

As long as the Firearms is made in, and stays in Oklahoma, for Oklahomans, then, Federal Laws do not apply to that Firearm.

Therefore, the Federal Gun-Free School Zone Law, 18 U.S.C. 922(q) would not apply.

However, Federal Law would still apply on Federal Properties that have been ceded to The Federal Government by The State of Oklahoma, however.

In as much as this is true, although I am not a Lawyer, it would appear, that things such as: Federal Post Offices and Federal Court Houses are still going to be off-limits, per 18 U.S.C. 930 and 18 U.S.C. 931.

Military Bases are probably still off-limits as well.

If this Lawis passed, then, if it is similiar to Legislation in my State, then, the Law does not cover:

1. Machine Guns,

2. Sawed-off Rifles/Shotguns,

3. Silencers/Grenades/Bombs,

4. Military-grade Weapons (Weapons of Mass Destruction), OR

5. Any other Weapon made to be used by more than 2 People, or that requires more than 2 People to use the Weapon.

I do not know the Bill off-hand, however; if one can find it I would like to know the Bill number and Indentifier to confirm the accuracy of this Post.

nonameisgood

imported post

Actually, no.
The "test" legislation applies to guns which are born, live and die in the same state. There would be two sets of laws applicable to different guns. The biggest difference would be the ability of the state to regulate weapons made in the state differently. It will also require a new state beaurocracy to manage it. It might open the door to new automatic weapons, but they would have to stay in one state, and could NEVER cross a state line.

This is a case where "state regulation" would make things more complicated and more expensive. Imagine 50 state ATF's, licensing in-state dealers and manufacturers. (And they will be licensed, even if only for revenue purposes.)

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

I doubt that the states that go to the trouble of doing this will want to add an expensive bureaucracy to monitor guns. The federal bureaucracy is already and expensive and useless appendage.

I would not find it too much trouble to buy a gun when I moved to a state, and sell it when I left, just to exercise my rights without federal monitoring. The end game to this is a repeal of GCA 68, as people realize that it is a completely failed policy.