• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Front Sight giving Starbucks employees training

Palecon

imported post

My office is at the local SBUX and the manager their is supportive of OC. I am going to bring this to his attention. Monday maybe to late, FSight may cut it off by then, they are giving it up big. This is great. I think I will make more copies of flyer and start posting them on windshields. lol..p

Ironbar

imported post

It's a shame it's Front Sight. Nothing more than a Scientologist, high-pressure sales pitch disguised as gun training.

ScottNH

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
It's a shame it's Front Sight. Nothing more than a Scientologist, high-pressure sales pitch disguised as gun training.
That's odd. I've been there for the Four Day Handgun Course, have you? No one ever mentioned Scientology, Borat never even made an appearance during the entire time we were there, and there was only one pitch on joining Front Sight as a member, and it was optional (delivered over lunch in the classroom). If you didn't want to listen, you could eat lunch outside. Or, like most did, just eat lunch and ignore it.

Maybe I missed all the high-pressure sales pitches? Since I'm sure you speaking from experience, and not out your hat, could you tell me when and where they were held?

The training itself was solid, building-block training, and I didn't hear anything different in terms of tactics or techniques than I heard at the two courses I took at Gunsite. Nothing cutting edge or high-speed/low-drag, but solid blocking and tackling. And since I went ona $99 certificate I bought off eBay, it was certainly worth the money. (I wouldn't spend $2000 for it, but I suspect few do).

I'm not a big fan of Borat, but he's not the one doing the training, and you gotta admit it's a nice touch for the Starbucks folks.

inbox485

imported post

NINJA LOAD wrote:
I used to work for starbucks, am I still eligible for this? Not that I need it but it would be fun.

Either way, the material they cover in the 4 day classes is priceless. It has a lot of similarities to other big name schools, but the way the material is presented and drilled is much better IMO.

You can get certs on ebay from $100 - $200 depending on supply and demand, so even without the Starbucks deal, a trip to front sight makes for an amazing vacation for not very much money.