Thread: New guy in Greenwood

Post imported post

I read the artical about Starbucks in the Seattle Times. which included this website. We are surrounded with gun haters in our neighborhood...i love wearing my s&w hoodie when walking the dogs.

Post imported post

northland47 wrote:
    I read the artical about Starbucks in the Seattle Times. which included this website. We are surrounded with gun haters in our neighborhood...i love wearing my s&w hoodie when walking the dogs.
    Welcome to ocdo, we are a varied and intelligent bunch. Join us soon for a meet or other activity.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO!

Post imported post

Welcome aboard! Glad you found us, and god bless Starbucks - hehe.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Batousaii wrote:

Bat
    I wouldn't go that far, but I do thank them for setting a responsible example for other corporations to consider.

Welcome to the forum Northland47, if you don't mind saying...where are you in the state?

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    Batousaii wrote:

Bat
    I wouldn't go that far, but I do thank them for setting a responsible example for other corporations to consider.

Welcome to the forum Northland47, if you don't mind saying...where are you in the state?

well i will go that far,,,,god bless starbucks!!! and all other corporations that do not try to stifle the rights of law abiding citizens!!!
    there are 3 companies in california that recently folded to the demands of the brady bunch,,,
    petes coffee and tea,,,california pizza kitchen,, and the " brain fart " grill!
    starbucks can take the easy way out, not once but twice under fire from the bradys,,
    they have said that they follow THE LAW!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Welcome to the board. You'll see varying opinions on here just like anywhere else. I always suggest taking it all in and forming your own opinion. And remember the internet is not serious business.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

The Greenwood area is (a middle blue-collar community), located about 15 min. north of Seattle.

Thanks for asking,

mike

Post imported post

Thanks for the response. I look forward to meeting up.

mike

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcome.

mike

Post imported post

It's so exciting to know I'm not alone anymore. Thanks for the welcome. We're (wife) headed out for our Starbucks fix.

Mike

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to furture involvement.

Mike

Post imported post

I think I responed to the wrong check box. In fear of repeating myself, Greenwood neighborhood is located north and lightly west of I-5 from Seattle (about 15 min. drive). It takes us about 25 min to drive to the Kenmore range.

Mike

Post imported post

All the reply buttons go to the same place, so ya basically replied to your own thread 6 times!:what:

Going to Starbucks open carry?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

"Brain fart grill"...that's too funny! Thanks for the up fit. And thanks for the welcome.

Mike

Post imported post

Thanks for your welcome. And thanks for the great advice. I am so happy I found everyone here.

Mike

Post imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:
    Batousaii wrote:

Bat

well i will go that far,,,,god bless starbucks!!! and all other corporations that do not try to stifle the rights of law abiding citizens!!!
    there are 3 companies in california that recently folded to the demands of the brady bunch,,,
    petes coffee and tea,,,california pizza kitchen,, and the " brain fart " grill!
    starbucks can take the easy way out, not once but twice under fire from the bradys,,
    they have said that they follow THE LAW!!
    Starbucks didn't do anything of the sort, they chose the path most inline with their fiscal survival, that's all. It wasn't some grand gesture, because none is required on an issue such as this, for a corporation such as them.

You have to remember that the overwhelming customer base of the three company's your talking about are in California, and they know the overwhelming liberal sentiment of that population.

Starbucks has no such limitations to worry about with 16000+ stores world wide, any other policy but "we follow the law, please leave us out of your politics" would have done serious damage to their bottom line.

Post imported post

It was a comment largely in jest (i am a humorous fellow),as we have had a lot of media coverage resulting in a lot more people being aware of, and accepting open carry. Maybe i should have said "god bless the Brady Campaign" as it was their monster stomping and flamboyant wailing that actually got us the attention

- hehe - it was really just a light hearted comment.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Batousaii wrote:
    <SNIP>

- hehe - it was really just a light hearted comment.

Bat
    I know Bat

My response was meant more 'tongue in cheek' than anything else.

Post imported post

i think my phrase of "starbucks can take the easy way out" was kinda in cheek too,,
    im trying to imply that following the law is the most direct route to make the policy that needs the least justification. and ultimatly satisifies the most of the rashional citizens.
    the 3 california companies are going to suffer lost costumers and brad press, even in that liberal state and just may decide to change their tune in time.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Post imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
    i think my phrase of "starbucks can take the easy way out" was kinda in cheek too,,
    im trying to imply that following the law is the most direct route to make the policy that needs the least justification. and ultimatly satisifies the most of the rashional citizens.
    the 3 california companies are going to suffer lost costumers and brad press, even in that liberal state and just may decide to change their tune in time.
    Your probably right in the long run scheme of things, but that's not how they are interpreting it for the now.

Post imported post

im only saying what i think the reasoning for the policy might be!

do you actually have some personnal insight to the corperate policy wonks at starbucks?

did they tell YOU why they do what they do?

Post imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
    im only saying what i think the reasoning for the policy might be!

Thats all I am doing too. See my response below for why.

do you actually have some personnal insight to the corperate policy wonks at starbucks?

Only what they have already said to everyone, that they don't want to be put in the middle. I interpret that to mean they are not interested in supporting or not supporting the 2A, only supporting their bottom line, same as the other three companys in California.

did they tell YOU why they do what they do?

See answer to #2
    The three other companys in California are just doing the same thing as Starbucks, protecting their bottom line in the ways they are most influenced by doing so.

When your bread and butter clientele are located in an anti-gun state, and you are told by an anti-gun state lobbying firm that your mostly anti-gun clientele are going to stop spending their money at your business (during an economic slump) if you don't ban guns. Well....I'm sure you see where that line of thought is going.

Starbucks doesn't have that kind of worry, and in-fact would be hurt worse by taking a side. Hence, their response of "leave us out of it".

Hope that clarifies where I'm coming from.

Post imported post

northland47 wrote:
    I think I responed to the wrong check box. In fear of repeating myself, Greenwood neighborhood is located north and lightly west of I-5 from Seattle (about 15 min. drive). It takes us about 25 min to drive to the Kenmore range.

Mike
    Greenwood neighborhood is IN Seattle, about 15 minutes north of DOWNTOWN.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

http://clerk.ci.seattle.wa.us/~public/annexations/annex_list.htm

Greenwood was annexed to Seattle 4JAN1954. Maybe northland47 goes back farther than we thought.

MD