• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy in Greenwood

northland47

imported post

I read the artical about Starbucks in the Seattle Times. which included this website. We are surrounded with gun haters in our neighborhood...i love wearing my s&w hoodie when walking the dogs.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

northland47 wrote:
I read the artical about Starbucks in the Seattle Times. which included this website. We are surrounded with gun haters in our neighborhood...i love wearing my s&w hoodie when walking the dogs.

Welcome to ocdo, we are a varied and intelligent bunch. Join us soon for a meet or other activity.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

FMCDH

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Welcome aboard! Glad you found us, and god bless Starbucks - hehe.

:dude:Bat
I wouldn't go that far, but I do thank them for setting a responsible example for other corporations to consider.

Welcome to the forum Northland47, if you don't mind saying...where are you in the state?

1245A Defender

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Batousaii wrote:

I wouldn't go that far, but I do thank them for setting a responsible example for other corporations to consider.

Welcome to the forum Northland47, if you don't mind saying...where are you in the state?
well i will go that far,,,,god bless starbucks!!! and all other corporations that do not try to stifle the rights of law abiding citizens!!!
there are 3 companies in california that recently folded to the demands of the brady bunch,,,
petes coffee and tea,,,california pizza kitchen,, and the " brain fart " grill!
starbucks can take the easy way out, not once but twice under fire from the bradys,,
they have said that they follow THE LAW!!

gsx1138

imported post

Welcome to the board. You'll see varying opinions on here just like anywhere else. I always suggest taking it all in and forming your own opinion. And remember the internet is not serious business. :D

northland47

imported post

The Greenwood area is (a middle blue-collar community), located about 15 min. north of Seattle.

Thanks for asking,

mike

northland47

imported post

It's so exciting to know I'm not alone anymore. Thanks for the welcome. We're (wife) headed out for our Starbucks fix.

Mike

northland47

imported post

I think I responed to the wrong check box. In fear of repeating myself, Greenwood neighborhood is located north and lightly west of I-5 from Seattle (about 15 min. drive). It takes us about 25 min to drive to the Kenmore range.

Mike

.45ACPaddy

imported post

All the reply buttons go to the same place, so ya basically replied to your own thread 6 times!:what:

Going to Starbucks open carry?

northland47

imported post

"Brain fart grill"...that's too funny! Thanks for the up fit. And thanks for the welcome.

Mike

northland47

imported post

Thanks for your welcome. And thanks for the great advice. I am so happy I found everyone here.

Mike

FMCDH

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
Batousaii wrote:

well i will go that far,,,,god bless starbucks!!! and all other corporations that do not try to stifle the rights of law abiding citizens!!!
there are 3 companies in california that recently folded to the demands of the brady bunch,,,
petes coffee and tea,,,california pizza kitchen,, and the " brain fart " grill!
starbucks can take the easy way out, not once but twice under fire from the bradys,,
they have said that they follow THE LAW!!
Starbucks didn't do anything of the sort, they chose the path most inline with their fiscal survival, that's all. It wasn't some grand gesture, because none is required on an issue such as this, for a corporation such as them.

You have to remember that the overwhelming customer base of the three company's your talking about are in California, and they know the overwhelming liberal sentiment of that population.

Starbucks has no such limitations to worry about with 16000+ stores world wide, any other policy but "we follow the law, please leave us out of your politics" would have done serious damage to their bottom line.

Batousaii

imported post

It was a comment largely in jest (i am a humorous fellow),as we have had a lot of media coverage resulting in a lot more people being aware of, and accepting open carry. Maybe i should have said "god bless the Brady Campaign" as it was their monster stomping and flamboyant wailing that actually got us the attention

- hehe - it was really just a light hearted comment.

;)Bat

FMCDH

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
<SNIP>

- hehe - it was really just a light hearted comment.

;)Bat
I know Bat :)

My response was meant more 'tongue in cheek' than anything else.

1245A Defender

imported post

i think my phrase of "starbucks can take the easy way out" was kinda in cheek too,,
im trying to imply that following the law is the most direct route to make the policy that needs the least justification. and ultimatly satisifies the most of the rashional citizens.
the 3 california companies are going to suffer lost costumers and brad press, even in that liberal state and just may decide to change their tune in time.:cool: