• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Second Amendment March

Will you be attending the DC Second Amendment March?

• I will be attending only the DC march on 4/19.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending the VA and DC march.

• I will only be attending the VA march on 4/12.

• I am thinking of attending both marches.

• I am thinking of attending the DC march only.

• I am thinking of attending the VA march only.

• I will not be able to make EITHER march.

• Total voters

richarcm

imported post

The NATIONAL Second Amendment March is to be held on Monday April 19th, 2010 from 10am - 5pm right next to the Washington Monument.

The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of Americans; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense.
It is the one right that protects all others.
We will accomplish our mission by a peaceful marchin Washington DC, the United States Capitol, supported by satellite marches to State Capitols and smaller cities all across America.
The march in D.C. will take place on Monday, April 19, 2010 on the grounds of the Washington Monument.

***CARRYING A GUN INTO DC IS ILLEGAL!! The Second Amendment March does not condone, encourage or support breaking the law. If this bothers you then...its simple. Just don't go. Stay at home. Do nothing. Say nothing. Contribute nothing. Attend one of the other marches going on on that day. There's no need to stomp your feet or throw a temper tantrum. Everybody would RATHER carry to this march but we all are well aware that we are unable to do so. Its a sacrafice MOST people will be able to make in order to make a huge VERBAL stand for supporting our right to keep and bear arms. Its not the areas of the country that already HAVE good gun laws (or lack thereof) that need our fight....its the areas such as DC and Chicago that need them the MOST...REGARDLESS of whether you are allowed to open carry. Just a friendly reminder. :)

Scheduled Speakers

Larry Pratt has been Executive Director of Gun Owners of America for 26 years. GOA is a national membership organization of 300,000 Americans dedicated to promoting their Second Amendment freedom to keep and bear arms.

Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman
Col. Grossman is an Airborne Ranger infantry officer, and a prior-service sergeant and paratrooper, with a total of over 23 years experience in leading U.S. soldiers worldwide. He retired from the Army in February 1998 and has devoted himself to teaching, writing, speaking, and research. Today he is the director of the Killology Research Group, and in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks he is on the road almost 300 days a year, training elite military and law enforcement organizations worldwide about the reality of combat.

Kenn Blanchard is a former Marine Security Guard who has worked protective details for international celebrities and US diplomats. Later after becoming a federal police officer, he was detailed to protect a couple of families which morphed into another career path where he worked or taught firearms, tactics and protection. He is also a D.C.-area pastor who runs blackmanwithagun.com. Kenn has been involved in the struggle for the Second Amendment since the state of Virginia reformed its conceal carry law in the early nineties. He founded the Tenth Cavalry Gun Club, a national pro-gun organization for African Americans, and worked around the country after that to promote safe and responsible firearms ownership. He was involved in concealed carry reforms in Texas, South Carolina, Michigan and Wisconsin and has testified in the US Congress and in Maryland on bills or acts designed to prevent law abiding Americans from legal firearm ownership or concealed carry.

Suzanna G. Hupp is a former Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives and a recognized public advocate for the Second Amendment and an individual’s right to carry a concealed weapon.

Richard Mack held office as Sheriff in Graham County, Arizona, and is a long-time crusader for freedom and individual rights as well as an author of several books on those topics. In 1994, Sheriff Mack also challenged the Brady Bill in the Supreme Court of the United States.

MichaelBane.jpg
Michael Bane is the host of Shooting Gallery, a show on the Outdoor Channel that every week explores a different facet of the very wide world of shooting, from competition to law enforcement to self-defense to the men and women at arms who are defending this country.

nikki_goeser.jpg
Nikki Goeser
-- In April 2009, Nikki's husband, Ben, was killed by a gunman in a Tennessee sports bar. The gunman did not have a carry permit, and it was illegal at that time to bring a firearm into the establishment. Had she been able to carry her firearm into that bar, Nikki feels she may have been able to save her husband. In June 2009, the Tennessee legislature passed house bill number 962, which amended Tennessee's law that prohibited firearms in establishments that serve alcohol. Since that time a rogue judge overturned that decision. Nikki continues to fight for the right of Tennesseeans to protect themselves. You can listen to Nikki's interview on Armed American Radio at http://uscca-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/podcasts/AAR-11-30-2009-3.mp3.

nicki_stallard.jpg
Nicole "Nicki" Stallard
is a uniqueperson, a publically open post-op MTF transexual gun rights activists.Nicki grew up in New York, served in the US Navy from 1978 thru 1985. Nicole has been involved in various Libertarian and Republican political activities since 1989. Nicole took over the San Jose Chapter of the Pink Pistols in 2006 as the coordinator. She has been Northern Ca Pink Pistols spokesperson and has testified for California CCW reform bills. She has represented the Pink Pistols at the SAF GRPC in 2007 and 2008 and is currently building bridges with both gun rights and gay rights organizations.

stewart_rhodes.jpg

Stewart Rhodesis the founder and Director of Oath Keepers. He served as a U.S. Army paratrooper until disabled in a rough terrain parachuting accident during a night jump.
He is a former firearms instructor and former member of Rep. Ron Paul’s DC staff.
Stewart currently writes the monthly Enemy at the Gates column for S.W.A.T. Magazine.
Stewart graduated from Yale Law School in 2004, where his paper “Solving the Puzzle of Enemy Combatant Status” won Yale’s Miller prize for best paper on the Bill of Rights. He assisted teaching U.S. military history at Yale, was a Yale Research Scholar, and is writing a book on the dangers of applying the laws of war to the American people.

DavidBurnett.jpg
David Burnett is a graduate of the University of Kentucky and 1L candidate for law school in 2010. He is the Director of Public Relations with Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, and also runs the civilian defensive gun use blog at TheArmedCitizen.com. He has written multiple editorials and articles in support of the Second Amendment, including a cover story on the NRA's "America's First Freedom" and appeared on radio programs such as the NRA's Cam & Company and Armed American Radio.

codrea.jpg
David Codrea is co-founder of GunTruths and Citizens of America and his commentary has been featured in GUNS AND AMMO, HANDGUNS and GUNS magazine. He is also the Gun Rights Examiner and blogs at The War on Guns.

doc_thompson.jpg

Doc Thompson has already begun to build a following and says “I’m a bit of an acquired taste but if you give it a few weeks you’ll be hooked because it is about YOU and it is all about fun!” He is very happy to make Central Virginia home and hopes to be here for many years.
Being a Radio Broadcaster has taken Doc all over America. Most of his career was spent in the Cleveland, Ohio area, which is where he was raised. Throughout his 20 year career he has achieved an impressive track record of successes including; winning 5 Marconi Awards (the Academy Award of radio) for broadcast excellence. Doc has worked at some of the most legendary radio stations in the country and even hosted Clear Channel’s syndicated Saturday show “The Weekend.” He has hosted shows from Capitol Hill and the White House. The issues Doc is most passionate about on-air are immigration reform, building a smaller government with American citizens having more control, Tax reform, raising children properly and making fun of ANYONE who screws up including himself.

VanCleave.jpg
Philip Van Cleave is the President of the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), one of the largest statewide grassroots gun-rights organizations in the US, with 5,000 dues paying members and 13,000 subscribers to VA-ALERT email alert system that the group runs.
VCDL has enjoyed considerable success in restoring the rights of gun owners in Virginia, including spearheading such legislation as a powerful firearms preemption bill that passed into law in 2004, wiping out almost all local gun control. VCDL also organized a successful national grassroots effort to change the National Park regulations to allow for the lawful carry of firearms.
Philip has represented gun owners in the media with CBS's 60-Minutes and ABC's Nightline, and countless times on local Virginia radio, television and newspapers.
Philip has a Master's degree in Computer Science from Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas and runs his own software company.
Philip also served for six years as a reserve Deputy Sheriff in Bexar County, Texas.

DONT FORGET THE VIRGINIA MARCH IS ON APRIL 12!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

An interesting side note to the March.

During the winter I was at a Committee meeting where one of Morrissey's bills was being discussed.

One of the speakers was a very nice Young Lady but I didn't get her name.

an4.jpg

Morrissy insulted her and I got it on video, did a story and put the video on Youtube
http://news.oldva.org/?p=3081

Last night, I ran across her at a VCDL meeting and it turns out she is a second amendment march coordinator. Today she asked me to put a link up for the march, which I did .

It's a small world. She did not hear the insult and had been told about it by friends.
Anyway...the banner is up on OVN.

richarcm

imported post

peter nap wrote:
An interesting side note to the March.

During the winter I was at a Committee meeting where one of Morrissey's bills was being discussed.

One of the speakers was a very nice Young Lady but I didn't get her name.

an4.jpg

Morrissy insulted her and I got it on video, did a story and put the video on Youtube
http://news.oldva.org/?p=3081

Last night, I ran across her at a VCDL meeting and it turns out she is a second amendment march coordinator. Today she asked me to put a link up for the march, which I did .

It's a small world. She did not hear the insult and had been told about it by friends.
Anyway...the banner is up on OVN.
Her name is Leyla Myers. She is on the Board of Directors for the Second Amendment March. She is very active and a very nice person.

richarcm

imported post

If you live in the state of Virginia....in the Richmond, Roanoke or Tidewater region, you want to attend the DC march but you need to catch a bus in order to make it up there....send an email to Mr. Philip Van Cleave of the Virginia Citizens Defense League (philip@virginiasystems.com)with a subject that first notes the region you are from (Richmond, Roanoke, Tidewater), the word "bus" and the number of people with you who also need a ride.

For example...."Richmond Bus 1, Roanoke Bus 3, Tidewater Bus 4". The cost will be $25 per head.

***Leave your guns at home! If you don't like obeying the law and/or will not sacrifice a right for a day in order to strengthen it indefinitely then you are more than welcome to stay at home.***

The Wolfhound

imported post

My plan is to take my holster to the DC march and fill it with a banana. I am feeling like I live in a banana republic anyway. It will be my means of protest. If we do get a Richmond area bus, I will bring spare bananas for the bus. Our Nation's Capitol: The first place you will and have lost your constitutionally protected rights.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Bring on the bananas, open carry with pride.
Oh, I am planning on going. Bring on the Richmond bus.

edited to restore the page format.

richarcm

imported post

Okay now your dang banana's just totally screwed up the formatting of this page. No bananas for you!!!!

No really. You can bring banana's if you want. I don't suggest putting them in your holster but what you do with your banana is your responsibility. That is applicable to more than just the DC march. Remember that.

Just don't be one of those people who claims that they will die for their country but they wont go to a DC march because they can't carry. That just doesn't make any sense and is completely counterproductive.

The Wolfhound

imported post

I am not one to reject attendance because I may not carry. I will attend and OPEN CARRY a bananna in protest of the gun rights lost in, and to, our nation's capitol. A Richmond bus will just make it much easier. Please wear your empty holsters in protest. A bananna makes it clear to the police that it is not holding a firearm. Let them see us in great number protesting their polices that violate our rights and defy the protections of the constitution.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

There was some discussion at the VCDL table about the busing.

No one knows anything about it. When, where , how much and who gets paid.

You might want to post some information ASAP.

bullseye

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Second Amendment March table at the Richmond gun show has a special price on their t-shirts. More than paid for the price of admission in to the show.

richarcm

imported post

peter nap wrote:
There was some discussion at the VCDL table about the busing.

No one knows anything about it. When, where , how much and who gets paid.

You might want to post some information ASAP.
The busing was an initiative of VCDL....which we greatly appreciate. But Second Amendment March is as interested in what the details of the busing are as you. I emailed Philip to try to find out what all is going on.

richarcm

imported post

bullseye wrote:
The Second Amendment March table at the Richmond gun show has a special price on their t-shirts. More than paid for the price of admission in to the show.
We sold a BUNCH of them today at the gun show. But we still have a LOT more left to get rid of....we are selling them now at cost so hopefully they continue to sell well.

Don't be left out!! Get one tomorrow! It will be your souvenir of a historical event.

power_shack

imported post

Are there any concerns having an empty holster in DC? Anyone know if it has been done at previous events without any problems? I'm thinking of having my empty holster, but I want to make sure DC doesn't have a crazy law against having an empty holster. Thanks!

virginiatuck

imported post

power_shack wrote:
Are there any concerns having an empty holster in DC? Anyone know if it has been done at previous events without any problems? I'm thinking of having my empty holster, but I want to make sure DC doesn't have a crazy law against having an empty holster. Thanks!
I've not found a D.C. law against holsters. I recall something last year that was going on in D.C. where people were carrying empty holsters and they were harassed by police, if not arrested on bogus charges. You'll have to search this forum (or google) for details and accurateness of what actually happened.

richarcm

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
power_shack wrote:
I've not found a D.C. law against holsters. I recall something last year that was going on in D.C. where people were carrying empty holsters and they were harassed by police, if not arrested on bogus charges. You'll have to search this forum (or google) for details and accurateness of what actually happened.
The lady that was harrassed at the 9/12 rally was Pat Webb who spoke today at the Virginia march. We are not as an organization taking a stance either way on the holsters. If you want to wear one then we aren't going to stop you. And I dont think the cops can do much either. I will likely be wearing one as will many others.

The Wolfhound

imported post

If you are on the VCDL Richmond bus, let me know if you need a bananna for your holster. I will bring spares. Welcome to the Banana Republic!:celebrate

The VCDL bus from Richmond is now official. Contact VCDLPresident if you need to get on it.