• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Second Amendment March

Will you be attending the DC Second Amendment March?

• I will be attending only the DC march on 4/19.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending the VA and DC march.

• I will only be attending the VA march on 4/12.

• I am thinking of attending both marches.

• I am thinking of attending the DC march only.

• I am thinking of attending the VA march only.

• I will not be able to make EITHER march.

• Total voters

richarcm

imported post

dougwg wrote:
No safe at hotel...

I called Sharpshooters Range and they said they couldn't hold it there.

Am I to just leave it locked in my vehicle while we take the metro into DC?
Give it to me. I'll hold onto it for you. ;)

Thats a tough one. Perhaps you can buy a safe to place in the hotel. One of those little fire proof cash safes at Walmart aren't TOO expensive I dont think.

I know its not the best thing to do but I think I'm going to be leaving mine in my truck at the metro parking garage. I'll lock it up in my glove box. Chances are good that it will still be there when I get back.

richarcm

imported post

I went to the DC Tax Day TEA Party last night. It was held next to the Washington Monument. It was a beautiful day and about 40,000 people showed up. The area was PERFECT for a rally. Couldn't have been held in a more important, historic, or beautiful part of the country. Yeah the laws suck. The traffic sucks. Many of the people suck....but the land and the architecture and the grassy lawns....its a great place. The Second Amendment March is going to be a really great time. I had a blast last night with all of the amazing speakers and I can't wait to hear from all of our incredibly gifted speakers on Monday. All while standing in view of the Washington Monument, US Capitol, Lincoln Memorial and White House.

I hope you come out. True you can't take your gun. This is bigger than me, you or any other individual. This is about the future of ALL people. I'm willing to give up my right for SIX HOURS in order to make my voice heard. I hold this cause too important to not go because I am not allowed to open carry. Our 2A has never been provided, protected or maintained without our 1A. If you give up your 1A then your 2A will always be under assault or confiscated. Not that that matters. It matters more that you can't open carry.

But that aside.....the speakers alone are to die for....take my gun! And the scenery? History? After last night....I'M PUMPED!

Now I just have to make sure that my boss wasn't serious about making me come in to work....:banghead:

10mm

imported post

your trunk should be fine. I'm thinking of carrying for breakfast on the VA side then jumping on the metro and leaving the gun in the car.

anyone wanna meat for breakfast somewhere?

richarcm

imported post

BTW....I'd like to give HUGE thanks out to VCDL and WRVA 1140. I think most people on here are already pretty familiar with and/or members of VCDL. But to those of you who live in the Richmond area and don't listen to WRVA 1140.....you really should. They are EXTREMELY supportive of liberty and gun issues. Between Jimmy Barrett, The Lee Brothers and Doc Thompson......we have received a MASSIVE amount of local publicity for the Second Amendment March. All free of charge and because they simply try to do everything possible to contribute.

If you dont live in the Richmond area you can download the iHeart app off of the iPhone (or Touch or iPad) and listen to WRVA 1140 anywhere in the world for free. Thats how I listen to them in the DC area. Doc Thompson will be speaking tomorrow in DC and I honestly find him to be one of my favorite talk show hosts period.

I just wanted to thank them on here and hope that you support them as they support us so frequently.

richarcm

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

richarcm

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Any count on the DC march yet?
I was told that they were trying to keep track with GSL stickers and the count was about 2,000 I believe....I may be wrong. It happens.