• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WalMart Louisville...guy arrested?

chris in va

imported post

Anyone know more about the guy arrested in Walmart a couple days ago? All I know is he walked into the women's bathroom and some customers saw him with a handgun.

Unfettered Might

imported post

There's more to it than just that. I've personally walked into 4-5 (2 in Louisville) Walmarts OCing and have never had a problem.

I was able to find this.

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=12053999

He's facing robbery charges as well, but not at the Walmart. Seems like I also remember reading somewhere else, but I can't find it again, he was OCing a semi auto rifle I believe and CCing a handgun without a permit. Pretty much didn't pay attention to the story after that, they had a reason to arrest him.

Still though, sounds like I'll go shopping at that Walmart next week, just so the sheeple know he wasn't arrested for "carrying a gun" into Walmart.

aadvark

imported post

That is the thing with the News.

I recently watched the News in my Home State of Georgia last night, and they mentioned that the Legislature is consdiering allowing Firearms into:

1. Colleges,

2. Bars, and

3. Churches.

That is fine, but then they said something that bothered me.

They said, and I quote, "... They [Firearms] would have to be Registered!"

Sigh..., the News plays to the interests of the Sheeple all of the time.

There is no such thing as Registration in Georgia, nor is there in Kentucky!

Finally I managed to figure out that the Code word 'Registered' means 'Licensed'.

Unfortunately, unlike Kentucky, per Georgia Code 16-11-128, there is no Open Carry of a Pistol, Handgun, or Revolver unless that Person has a Georgia Firearms License.

Maybe one day Georgia will repeal 16-11-128!

The only Firearms that require Registration are: Fully Automatic Machine Guns, Sawed-off Rifles/Shotguns, and Silencers; in accordance with Federal Law.