• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to oc

TIMMY

imported post

Well im new to open carry and i was wondering do i have to unload my gun when i get into my car as far as i can tell if its in plan view its not considered conceled as i do not have a cc permit and cannot obtan one according to the pennington county sheriff i was falsly accused and arrested not covicted of domestic violence and was released and the charges where droped any way any can answer my question

SDguy

imported post

TIMMY wrote:
Well im new to open carry and i was wondering do i have to unload my gun when i get into my car as far as i can tell if its in plan view its not considered conceled as i do not have a cc permit and cannot obtan one according to the pennington county sheriff i was falsly accused and arrested not covicted of domestic violence and was released and the charges where droped any way any can answer my question

Hey Timmy, I live in Hermosa. Have you actually tried to obtain a South Dakota CC permit? I don't think you are prohibited from obtaining a permit if you do not actually have a conviction.