• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Park officer posed as another, lied to press

Wc

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
In Californiathe Military Police, while onfederal property,can write citations to civilians, using the CA Vehicle Code and the CA Penal Code. The civilians have togo to federal court. Persons subject to the UCMJ are required to go to base traffic court or the person's command.

AFAIK federal officers can use the CA laws when afederal law doesn't cover the incident on federal property in CA.

Indian reservations in CA follow the laws pertaining the county wherethey are located. It varies from state to state.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Yelo aint no troll, hes just a cantankerous shitkicker, as far as I can tell.

The efforts that law enforcement, all across California, are making to cause difficulty and threaten the livelihoods and reputations of OCers for personal and political gain is absolutely astonishing.

Nothing in my experiences has galvanized me against the corrupt and overly empowered LEO in our nation then my personal experience with these efforts.

Just my opinion, not a dig against the many, many fine police officers that seek to uphold the law and respect the private citizen.

Wc

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
In Californiathe Military Police, while onfederal property,can write citations to civilians, using the CA Vehicle Code and the CA Penal Code. The civilians have togo to federal court. Persons subject to the UCMJ are required to go to base traffic court or the person's command.

AFAIK federal officers can use the CA laws when afederal law doesn't cover the incident on federal property in CA.

Indian reservations in CA follow the laws pertaining the county wherethey are located. It varies from state to state.
OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum> Forum Rules> #7

7) If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.

yelohamr

imported post

I didn't state a rule of law, just experience.
Google: Title 18, US Code- Crimes and Criminal Procedure. It's in there, try looking for yourself.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Are park rangers considered LEO's. Can they enforce state laws? Can a sheriff deputize someone by letter. I understood that you had to "raise your right hand" when you are deputized. This smells really bad.
Haven't you noticed that they are federal agents? They work for a federal agency.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Are park rangers considered LEO's. Can they enforce state laws? Can a sheriff deputize someone by letter. I understood that you had to "raise your right hand" when you are deputized. This smells really bad.

Haven't you noticed that they are federalized agents working for a federal agency?

Wc

imported post

yelohamr wrote:

Wcwrote:

7) If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.
yelohamr wrote:

Google: Title 18, US Code- Crimes and Criminal Procedure. It's in there, try looking for yourself.
O yep you did! You wrote 'AFAIK', then please tell us what's do you known about it without summary and without your doing an experience on us.

Andplease back your claims up along with a links one by one as you stated at the top of this thread.

Thank you.

DISCLAIMER
The law is always in a state of flux and even politics law enforcers, lawyers and judges get it wrong from time to time. All my advice posted on this board should be considered nothing more than hearsay. Even if a poster identifies themselves as an dictatorships
jpierce, Pace, anddirtykoala(are wrongfully accused me as a spammer, anti-law enforcement and commercial sales), acting gods like PincheOgro1or experts in a given field like yelohamris doing an experience on us andthere is no way to verify that fact or that they are correct. Therefore, any and all advice you glean from this forum should be independently verified!

yelohamr

imported post

Wc wrote:
yelohamr wrote:

Wcwrote:

yelohamr wrote:

O yep you did! You wrote 'AFAIK', then please tell us what's do you known about it without summary and without your doing an experience on us.

Andplease back your claims up along with a links one by one as you stated at the top of this thread.

Thank you.

DISCLAIMER
The law is always in a state of flux and even politics law enforcers, lawyers and judges get it wrong from time to time. All my advice posted on this board should be considered nothing more than hearsay. Even if a poster identifies themselves as an dictatorships
jpierce, Pace, anddirtykoala(are wrongfully accused me as a spammer, anti-law enforcement and commercial sales), acting gods like PincheOgro1or experts in a given field like yelohamris doing an experience on us andthere is no way to verify that fact or that they are correct. Therefore, any and all advice you glean from this forum should be independently verified!

That's the best you can do?

But for a 12 year old mall ninja, I guess we can't expect too much from you.

OPS MARINE

imported post

No, the thread is not about National Parks, but somewhere in the middle of this, there is some confusion about whether or not Rangers are actual Peace Officers. I just wanted to clear that portion up.

As far as the actual post, there is something else going on in this guy's mind. He should have been evaluated more clearly, or some of the red flags should have given others in his immediate area some pause. We don't have the whole story.