• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good carry in WA so far

ForceofWill

imported post

Got here last monday for work, I'll be in WA till the 19th. I've been open carrying everywhere I can and so far have had nothing but good trips. I wasn't able to get down to the silverdale sheriff office until yesterday cause of schedule. There was a deputy at the counter who said she wasn't normally at that office. I got all the paperwork done but she kept telling me that they have 60 days to get it to me and they would mail it to me in VA. I finally got her to put a note on the application saying to call me if they're done before the 18th and I'll come pick it up. Hopefully early next week the regular person will be back and be able to process it.

So I've been having to unload and reload Everytime I get in the car, but it's not that bad.

Recap of last week open carry.
Monday: Carried to El Azteca in silverdale, no issues.

Tuesday: Applebees, tjmax, best buy, Safeway all in silverdale. Not even a look anywhere. The hostess at applebees wanted to seat us in the bar, had to tell him I was carrying. He didn't even notice.

Wednesday: Wife wanted to go to the kitsap mall, so I had to leave it in the car. Saw they aren't friendly on the list. After that we went and ate at the Fujiyama steakhouse there where I open carried. Even at a table with multiple people, got a couple looks but noone said anything. Really good food there and the hostess was extremely nice to us.

Thursday: Back to applebees where the waitress recognized us from the other night. Very friendly and welcoming. I'd say they are very gun friendly after two experiances there.

Friday: Off work for the weekend so we came back to everett to our house. Carried at La Hacienda in Everett with no issues. Then we took a trip to the outlet mall in marysville. Spent some time there shopping, great place with just a couple looks. I decided to stop at that walmart right there too just to see if this ammo at walmart thing I read was a myth. In VA the .45acp is bought as soon as they get it in. They had a 250ct box of remmington .45 for only $80!! I was :celebrate :celebrate
Older lady at the counter was nice, I picked up the box and continued to shop for a little while. Had some teenage kids pass me and tell his friend, "look, that guy has a gun!," but no one else seemed to mind. I even walked right in front of one of the reservation police and he didn't say anything. I was a little worried about them at first since I'm not used to how Indian reservations work.

Today: gonna go downtown Seattle for the day and spend the night. Won't be able to carry everywhere since I want to have a drink at Fado and Rock Bottom, so itll have to stay in the hotel for that. I'll come back with how it turns out. Hopefully no issues with SPD.

Overall, very good carry State so far. Aside from the unload/reload in car until I get that cpl back. I feel just as comfortable as back home in VA here.

ForceofWill

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Nice find!  Kitsap county Walmarts are still dry of .45

Glad it's going well for you.  I take it you're moving to Silverdale?

I'm at school in keyport, Everett is still where the house is. Just stay down there during the week at the hotel since I don't wanna drive it every morning.

markallen

imported post

ForceofWill wrote:
Then we took a trip to the outlet mall in marysville. Spent some time there shopping, great place with just a couple looks. I decided to stop at that walmart right there too

Sounds like very positive reactions overall. Just a note of caution here as the Marysville Outlet Malls and the Walmart are both situated on the Tulalip Indian Reservation. Different rules will apply in those locations.

Hopefully someone else much brighter than I can comment on the Tulalip Tribes position on OC, I know for CC I've had to visit briefly with the police chief and have him sign my CPL as I travel through the reservation almost daily in my car.

Enjoy your stay!

Mark

Trigger Dr

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Nice find! Kitsap county Walmarts are still dry of .45

Glad it's going well for you. I take it you're moving to Silverdale?
I was in Port Orchard Wally today and they have 45 ACP boxes of 250

ForceofWill

imported post

Just got back from a long Seattle walk. Staying at the Renaissance, so we walked from here down to the ferry place and ate at this Elliot bay steamers place. Had some amazing fried prawns. Then we walked down to this antique shop behind pikes place more toward the water. Was in there for quite a while with no issues. The owner rang me up and was very friendly. They had some cool stuff. I'd definately go back.

After that we went up the 10000 stairs to the market and out to the street. Tons of people out today since it's so nice. Decided to walk down to westlake center. Dunno if it's just me, but is that like the dedicated protest area? There were people everywhere. Noone said anything though. Headed back to the hotel after that. Overall a very good OC day. Walked by two cops who just nodded and kept walking.

On the way out of the hotel, a guy stopped in his car asked me if he could open carry in Seattle. I told him "of course". Hopefully he'll start ocing. More presence is always better. Good day so far in the city.

1245A Defender

imported post

when you do go home to VA,,,,dont even bother bragging to your friends about the fine weather we have in this area!!
its global warming dude,, we have NEVER had this good of weather at this time of year,,,,EVER!!
glad the OCing is to your liking,,, were doing pretty good here,, but we learned alot from your example..

were also catching up to you guys in forum topics and posts, VA and WA lead the nation, i think thats nice;)

BTW i was a machinist at Keyport from 1976-1997, then retired:lol: the main shop was bldg 73 plus 3 other bldgs,, now there is only 2 small shops, i think..
I wonder what youre learning,,, but i wont ask ..