Thread: Whats going on in madison

Post imported post

http://www.wkowtv.com/global/story.asp?s=12095025

http://www.wkowtv.com/global/story.asp?s=12094380

some people should not own guns i guess

the tree huggers will have fun with this i am sure

Post imported post

It's funny how 2idiots like this get tied in with the rest of us (Litteraly milliions of us) law abiding gun owners, who are not in any way affiliated with these smarties.

I'm gonna have to agree with 92fs here and say that indeed the Nerfies are going to make a HUUUGE deal about incedents like this im sure.

On a related note, can they even legaly charge the 2nd guy with CCW if he was in his own house? I thought one could Legally CCW so long as they're on their ownprivate property? <------Clarification needed

-Landose-
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
    It's funny how 2idiots like this get tied in with the rest of us (Litteraly milliions of us) law abiding gun owners, who are not in any way affiliated with these smarties.

I'm gonna have to agree with 92fs here and say that indeed the Nerfies are going to make a HUUUGE deal about incedents like this im sure.

On a related note, can they even legaly charge the 2nd guy with CCW if he was in his own house? I thought one could Legally CCW so long as they're on their ownprivate property? <------Clarification needed

-Landose-
    Under 941.23

The concealed weapons statute is a restriction on the manner in which firearms are

possessed and used. It is constitutional under Art. I, s. 25. Only if the public benefit

in the exercise of the police power is substantially outweighed by an individual’s need

to conceal a weapon in the exercise of the right to bear arms will an otherwise valid

restriction on that right be unconstitutional, as applied. The right to keep and bear

arms for security, as a general matter, must permit a person to possess, carry, and

sometimes conceal arms to maintain the security of a private residence or privately

operated business, and to safely move and store weapons within those premises. State

v. Hamdan, 2003 WI 113, 264 Wis. 2d 433, 665 N.W.2d 785, 01−0056. See also State

v. Cole, 2003 WI 112, 264 Wis. 2d 520, 665 N.W.2d 328, 01−0350.

From the websitehttp://www.legis.state.wi.us/statutes/Stat0941.pdf
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Post imported post

Mlutz wrote:
    Landose_theghost wrote:

-Landose-
    Under 941.23

The concealed weapons statute is a restriction on the manner in which firearms are

possessed and used. It is constitutional under Art. I, s. 25. Only if the public benefit

in the exercise of the police power is substantially outweighed by an individual’s need

to conceal a weapon in the exercise of the right to bear arms will an otherwise valid

restriction on that right be unconstitutional, as applied. The right to keep and bear

arms for security, as a general matter, must permit a person to possess, carry, and

sometimes conceal arms to maintain the security of a private residence or privately

operated business, and to safely move and store weapons within those premises. State

v. Hamdan, 2003 WI 113, 264 Wis. 2d 433, 665 N.W.2d 785, 01−0056. See also State

v. Cole, 2003 WI 112, 264 Wis. 2d 520, 665 N.W.2d 328, 01−0350.

From the websitehttp://www.legis.state.wi.us/statutes/Stat0941.pdf
    I can understand why he got a CCW charge inside his residence. Hamdan does not give an absolute right to conceal in one's home. Here's another portion from the Hamdan opinion. I've italicized some important phrases:

"The case should be dismissed unless the State can show probable cause that Hamdan had an unlawful purpose when he was carrying the concealed weapon. Hamdan asserted that he was exercising his constitutional right to bear arms for only lawful purposes and, at this time, there is no evidence that Hamdan had any unlawful purpose nor has the State asserted such an intent."

In the latest case the guy did not have a lawful purpose for concealing his weapon. He pulled it in the heat of a verbal argument with his roommate, not in response to an imminent danger of great bodily harm or death. In common parlance, he brandished it.

A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

+10000 for shotgun and the perfect interpetation..

When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Post imported post

Double Post
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

I wasn't aware that it was illegal to have a knife in your car. But I soppose this story is from the Belly of the beast (madison).
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

I guess I'm most suprised that WKOW could only find 2 idiots in Madison.:what:

Post imported post

hunter9mm wrote:
    I guess I'm most suprised that WKOW could only find 2 idiots in Madison.:what:

2 ppl out of 250 million gun owners, and we get the Sh!tty end of the stick. So is the foley of the anti-gunners.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
    I wasn't aware that it was illegal to have a knife in your car. But I soppose this story is from the Belly of the beast (madison).
    concealed if not on your body & visible...watch your local blade length laws...err ordinances.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)