• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The noob.

BigT

imported post

Morning all,

Just joined the forum, been lurking for awhile. I have been carrying concealed for about 4 years, have yet to open carry. I reside in Tukwila, has anyone had any issues with the Tukwila PD? Reading some posts, it seems pretty rare that there any bad encounters with LEO's, that most are up to date on the law and the right to open carry. I will also be avoiding any of the businesses that ban firearms in the thread, and will add any if I run into them.

Tony

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BigT wrote:
Morning all,

Just joined the forum, been lurking for awhile. I have been carrying concealed for about 4 years, have yet to open carry. I reside in Tukwila, has anyone had any issues with the Tukwila PD? Reading some posts, it seems pretty rare that there any bad encounters with LEO's, that most are up to date on the law and the right to open carry. I will also be avoiding any of the businesses that ban firearms in the thread, and will add any if I run into them.

Tony

Welcome to OCDO! I have had no issues in Tukwila and I work near by, the only issue in Tukwila is the mall (CC only).

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Batousaii

imported post

Welcome aboard! - I believe most (evidently not all) LEO encounters can be managed with good diplomacy and realising the outcome is often more important than the by-second happening. I was able to turn my one negative OC/LEO encounter into a handshake and proper introduction with the officer interested to learn more. And same true for businesses, if your polite and use social grace, the situations most likely will go a lot smoother, and again, a good outcome is the desired result. Educate them if possible, but not at the cost of one's own posterior.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

The ones I met majority of them were rude, and interupting mofos. And they talk shizz to my face. But now that I am the educatedz they feel the vibe and know not to treat me like trash. ;)

Batousaii

imported post

;)An excellent example of how "Knowledge is power" Poo, and indeed we have the ability to shape our environment, and can empower others to reflect the same, and in kind.

killchain

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
BigT wrote:
Morning all,

Tony
I had a run in with Tuckwila's finest. I was OC'ing in the mall and two of them pulled me aside and told me firearms were prohibited by the property owners and I just needed to conceal it. That was it, no asking for a CPL or anything like that! :)
That's nice of them. That's the way it should be.

BigT

imported post

Thanks for the welcoming! I'll be around here quite a but, I really enjoy this forum with the stories of OCing, and the posting of the actual laws. I have been living here for over 5 years and have not seen anyone OC except to employees in a few gun stores.

Luckily I have been working around LEO's my entire professional career, and know quite a few in/around Seattle through my job. I am not really overly worried about having an officer confront me over OCing. By the look of things it seems that most departments have educated thier officers on the law of OC on this state. I am sure there are still some that don't know and will be an issue in some areas. Hopefully with education it will one day be a non-issue.

Tony