• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Gunshow - Saturday, March 6 2010

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

There was a big crowd today and when we left the second time, the parking lot was full.

Zeus barked at Kim's Pup and tried to steal jerky off of the VCDL table. He has good taste though and warmed right up to Skidmark.:shock:

We got him two new "Guns Save Lives" badges and he wanted to eat one right off.

Good show from what Jane told me:lol:

normal_para.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
and you didn't stop by to say hello? :(
I didm't go past the VCDL table. Zeus didn't want to unload his gun.:lol:
Jane went in and got some of that miracle oil.

I wont make it at all tomorrow. I need to leave here in a few hours and go back to the farm. Glad for it too...I'm getting burb fever.

Virginiaplanter

imported post

You need to get a cane with those sun glasses and act like Zeuss is your seeing eye dog. When somebody asks how a blind man can carry and shoot a gun just tell them : My ears are pretty good and I generally know where the threat is, after I take the first shot, Zeus barks twice for me to aim more left and barks once for me to aim more right. One time I got the guy on the first shot though.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
You need to get a cane with those sun glasses and act like Zeuss is your seeing eye dog. When somebody asks how a blind man can carry and shoot a gun just tell them : My ears are pretty good and I generally know where the threat is, after I take the first shot, Zeus barks twice for me to aim more left and barks once for me to aim more right. One time I got the guy on the first shot though.
I have a 9" 12 Ga that would be perfect for that.

Stuff you never wanted to know.

1. In Virginia it is a class 1 misdeamenor to use a Red and White Cane unless you are blind.

2. When my Glucose gets high enough, I am legally blind and have to use the auto focus on my camera. Many times I take several hundred pictures and download them but don't know what they look like until the next day.

VaGunTrader

imported post

just curious, C&E runs this gun show. Someone else owns the Showplace.

Does C&E pay a fee to rent the Showplace for the weekend and keep all of the table fees and the admission fees? Or do C&E and the Showplace owner split the fees?

I was just wondering how that all works.

spitfyr

imported post

I cant speak for C&E or the Showplace specifically but usually for events of this type it is the first arrangement. Renter pays X thousands of dollars a day and is responsible on top of that for equipment, staffing, security, cleanup, insurance, and damage to whatever levels are specified in the contract. The facility staff dictates the hours of operation and can require that you use their people instead of your own, which usually costs more. Meanwhile the venue gets paid the same for use of the space whether 10 people show up or 10,000 do.

At $60/table and $7/head by that arrangement I think C&E is probably making money hand over fist. But theyre also the ones taking the majority of the risk when things go wrong.