• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

~ Supporting Each Other, United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Eh, I think the point of this thread is to just not cut each others throats out while arguing.

Want to debate? Fine, follow the rules of the forum, and cite your sources, blah blah, just don't do the job of the anti-s by snuffing each other out.

Fear the banhammer!!!

Banhammer_by_SrnX.jpg
That's just tyranny. And just because I or anybody elsedisagrees with someone or for that matter everyone on the forum, does not makethem a troll or wrong for that matter, meathead.
rolleyes.gif

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Simply disagreeing doesn't make one a troll or warrant a ban.

Personal attacks, on the other hand, do.:celebrate

Any questions?

Bear 45/70

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:

Any questions?
No questions but way to many here and on other forums seem to think that their cherished little ideas and opinions are abovereproach by anyone else. If you are gonna stand up on your little soap box and start spouting, expect to get spouted back at and you shouldn't be offend. If you are, you need to STFU.Way to oftenone person's disagreement is another man's personal attack. Grow up and get a thicker skin for crying out load. The world is filling up with whiners.
rolleyes.gif

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:

Any questions?
No questions but way to many here and on other forums seem to think that their cherished little ideas and opinions are abovereproach by anyone else. If you are gonna stand up on your little soap box and start spouting, expect to get spouted back at and you shouldn't be offend. If you are, you need to STFU.Way to oftenone person's disagreement is another man's personal attack. Grow up and get a thicker skin for crying out load. The world is filling up with whiners.
rolleyes.gif

Bear,

You might want to take your own advice.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:

Any questions?
rolleyes.gif

Bear,

You might want to take your own advice.
I don't really have a problem with someone disputing what I have to say, that is if it isn't pure supposition or unsupported opinion. Then I get to rebutt their little old soap box speech. But why should I take my advise, the rest of you won't?

Batousaii

imported post

Bear, i believe you entirely missed the point of this thread. In fact, looking at your reply,i see anassumption of what the thread is intending, and proves my belief that you either read it too fast or skipped large parts. I'd hate to think you simply "don't get it". As much as i might not agree with you at times, i do not think you lack the intellect to grasp the threads concept. If you were to apply yourself towards actually reading it and contemplating the intent, i believe you would see the intendedpoint is different than your first perceived it. I would ask you to check it out again, and apply some thought as to what it means. It is hard for me to fathom that so many would agree with the threads intention, all except you, and somehow we are the ones who are wrong. I do not lead this forum, nor am i a long time OCDO vet, nor have I the intent to be anything more than a fellow member. My point here, and on many other threads was social civility, manners, and how that all gives a certain appearance to the outside world, to those who may or may not be considering to buy, own, Carry a firearm, and what kind of people do that, and who they would be associated with. It also regard being respectful to your fellow forum members, and giving them a bit of courtesy that you may expect be given to yourself.

- All in all , you been pretty out of line lately, rude, and unrelenting toseveral members whom you disagree with. Name calling,character bashing, and implied swearing at peeps to "STFU and GTFO" etc. ~ Really childish and immature, arent you supposed to be an adult? You got kids? Is this how you would have them speak to you? So, i would implore you to cease and desist, and get yourself backinto check.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When there is no value to respond to someone else's post I simply stop responding. It quickly goes away. Sometimes you have to ignore someone more than once. Sometimes you have to re-introduce the subject at hand. It does get old continuing to see posts go back and forth over their egos.
:banghead:

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Somehow I knew that picture would be taken wrong, but I didn't have time to throw in the "disclaimer" that it wasn't intended towards anybody here. It is meant for the crazy out of line folks that act like uncivilized rabid animals.

So to all the uncivilized rabid animals here; FEAR THE BANHAMMER!!!

slowfiveoh

imported post

~~This is relevant, so I cut my comment below, and pasted it here~~

Don't know why I am replying here, but whatever:

I think there are open carry restrictions that people on this forum, and within the open carry community, would like to apply to each other. The very same "common sense" rhetoric that is used by the majority of the "anti" crowd, is the very thing that a lot of these individuals cling to in effort to give their argument any sort of substantiation.

On this forum alone, I have seen people who profess to be "Pro-Open Carry", while simultaneously clarifying that it is only within the limited confines of their interpretation of "Open Carry". When they argue in support of their position they immediately dig their heels into the manure pile of anti-style propaganda.

I am not in any way insinuating that people all need to think the exact same thing about Open Carry as an activity, and more specifically, as an inalienable right.

I am simply saying that many people want to interject with their own "right limiting" positioning in support of their arguments, while simultaneously waving a flag for OpenCarry.org, or otherwise claiming to vehemently believe in the 2nd Amendment.

I think we all understand that social perception plays into the evaluation of an organization. I think it is fairly clear via site rules, and by a set precedent, that one should conduct themselves appropriately in support of said organization.

That is what really is being supported here, on this site. An organization.

So long as there is such an ambiguous set of rules, and so long as there is special interest in an organization, then realistically, the overall pursuit of all that is correct in the 2nd Amendment, is not the end purpose.

For instance:

"Properly Holstered" - Can we define this term as a group? Probably not. This will differ from person to person.

"Normal Handgun" - Normal Handgun? What is a "Normal Handgun"? There will always be difference of opinion on this matter. ALWAYS!

I am not at all, in any way, shape, or form, specifying that we should not be grateful for the pursuits of the founders of this site, or their colleagues. We should be. Each and every on of us.

I am however stating that there will always be these disagreements of varying scale, and for the sake of our freedom, it is always best to defer to the freest denominator.

I've said it before, and although many probably have still not processed it in any sort of meaningful way, here it is again.

You have to give up being selfish, or serving your own individual special interests to truly support an inalienable right. A lot of people I see on this site, are truly incapable of this. That's just my observation.

I agree there is a lot of attempted vilification or incrimination of members on this board. It's an attempt to punch below the belt, and is the greatest indicator that the person attempting to do so has lost all substance or the ability to have a meaningful conversation.

My .02

Have a great day!