• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

~ Supporting Each Other, United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Batousaii

imported post

Hi guys and gals,

- Hey i am gonna chime in here, in an effort to relaxsome of the threads and postsa little. Seems some of the threads have been gettinga bit passionate, even out of line a bit. As can be noted, we are all here, on this forum (and others) to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. All the infighting i see over semantics and personal ideology is really self defeating, and potentially detrimental to the health of the current image we now hold. Remember, we all share many common views, and again, share the same end game goal of 2-A freedom and personalliberties, safer environment, and fair government of the people, by the people, for the people. YES: we might have different philosophies, and we are often eager to express our personal view of it, and in our own way, and explain why we believe our view is correct.. That in and of itself is ultimately what we are fighting for eh? The ability to express ourselves with all the glory of our first amendment rights. So lets not be at each others throats, and lets realize that we are all diverse, individual entities with our own pre-conceived notions and beliefs, and we all have the capacity to agree and disagree, but we should all have the courage and strength to "cut each other some slack" and hear each other out. None of us are perfect in our form and function, we all have flaws mixed in with personal beauties, and we all could stand a little refining and polishing... all of us... Lets also recognise, and acknowledge, that often times, two different viewpoints can be partly correct, yet partly incorrect at the same time, and what works really well for one person, might not work so well for the other. That my friends, is the true beauty of the freedom we are all vigorously defending eh? Let us not be our own undoing, let us not be reflections ofor act like those we accuse of relieving us our freedoms, let us not fail each other in the efforts we hold so dear. Be ittrue we are different, let us also be as one.United we stand, divided we fall...lest we forget.

-Also lets reboot some of the awkward introductions to the guys that joined our forum here, and i personally will extend a warm welcome to pacwest and his friend from the other forum, and hopefully a bit of cross communication and joined efforts will get us as a whole even closer to the goals we all so desire and deserve. Again, same end goals, same constitution we defend, and brothers in arms we all should be. It is ok to disagree, and to debate is healthy, however i bade you all to use civility and polite intentions when dealing with each other. Yes i know... this is the inter-webs, but as pictures and video has shown, we do in fact meet in person, and we encounter each other on occasion. We can then choose to act as if i might met this person tomorrow, or we can treat our forums like World of Warcraft, and see who is the most uber-leet haxor with mad skillz cause i pwned you down like a n00b on trade channel chat. --- i guess that would be an individual choice eh ? so i hope each and every one of us can take a moment to reflect on past behaviours (myself included) and reflect on what we could have done better, and then make efforts to motivate that change in ourselves. I believe strongly that most here are with good intentions, and so let us show those good intentions toward each other, and forgive us our follies, and understand our passions run strong, and be sincere enough on each post. Give care to remember the brother/sister in arms that resides on the other side of their own pc-monitor, and respect the potential face to face human quality that we all would appreciate should it be afforded to us.

To all our new members that have recently joined, welcome aboard! - and to all the veteran member, Thank you all so much for the knowledge that i have received, it has provided me more freedom than i knew i really had. - to all in between, it is a pleasure to mingle ideas and compare ideology with you all, and indeed a pleasure to have met many fine people from this forum as well.

Kindly

:dude:Bat

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

From the heart! :celebrate

And from a car tuning, cowboy guy too! :shock:

Ain't being asked to get all cuddly and bwest fwen-y but don't treat each other like the enemy! Save it for the ones who want to take away our freedom!

44Brent

imported post

Bat:

Personally, I generally disapprove of people openly carrying single-action revolvers, as I would prefer to see people openly carrying double-action revolvers. But, you do have some good points and I'll try to be more tolerant of shooters with single-action revolvers in the future.

Batousaii

imported post

hmm, the post was generally least about my choice of arms, and it's much much more about peeps getting into arguments and name calling or insulting each other. I can handle my own socially very well, and have no probs with anothers disapproval. So, in all honesty, i dodeclare this to be a general issue, not a personal one. But ty anyways -hehe- though i would suspect a bit of jest in your single/double comment:lol:. and i do love friendly humor!

;)Bat

P.S. i do own and at times carry other weapons, to include 1911, CZ-75B, Ruger GP-100 (double actuon and sexy) etc... so the old single is my true preferance, and yes, i could hold my own in a defensive posture with it. I love all firearms, from modern AR15 and five Sevento old flintlock black powder. It's the beauty of the movement that enticed me to carry single action. I feel proficient with most arms i have shot, it's been a life long way of life for me, as collector, and study in their history, as casual a shooter and veteran too. Besides, my single action brick thrower packs one helluva wollup should it need to be employed -hehe. (maybe it was the pic?? I just put that there for fun)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well said Bat!

I would like to re emphasize what Bat said, we do meet from time to time in this forum. As a matter of fact it is part of what we are about. We do not believe that carrying firearms should be in secret, concealed and stealth. At least not all the time or even a majority of the time. The new members to the forum should understand this and be very open to the idea that we have nothing to hide. That is part of the OC mentality, IMO, and is a different mindset than CC. I should know because I have CC'd until 5 months ago and that is the general mindset of the CC movement.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Wait a second...

You mean you shouldn't be a vulgar, irrational, homophobic, racist on pro gun oriented forums?

Well crap, I'll send out that memo asap. I know a bunch of people who never figured that obvious fact out ;)

:lol:

Aryk45XD

imported post

Bat has a great point. I have not wanted to participate in many of the postings because some get very agitated and opinionated without taking into account what works for some may not work for others and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I am usually one to be less of talk and more of action. This holds very true of my action to not go somewhere with my business and to keep my mouth shut and stop getting a "rise" out of others. :quirky

Aryk45XD

imported post

HA HA HA. I was so excited about eating some good pho, I just wanted to get there. :p LOL, I did remember before getting too far from the truck and RAN to get it. :uhoh: You know though, I would really love the day when I don't even have to touch my gun to load/ unload every time I get in and out of my truck. :::eagerly awaits approval for CPL::: ;)

Lammo

imported post

Well said and just one suggestion about an approach. I know it's not generally a good idea to take movie lines on as a philosophy of life but I have found this to work on many occasions. In the movie "Colors", Robert Duvall plays the grizzled old veteran and Sean Penn plays the gung ho rookie. Penn can't understand why Duvall shows the gang bangers any measure of respect. Duvall responds with a story about two bulls. I'll clean it up a bit in case any of your youngsters might be reading over your shoulder.

A papa bull and his son are looking down on their herd from a grassy hillside. The son says, "Hey pop, let's run down there and have us one of those cows." Papa replies, "No son, we're going to walk down there, and have them all."

It puts a modern, streetwise spin on catching more flies with honey than vinegar. The antis always expect us to come running in with guns blazing - - confuse the heck out of them and walk.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHcoMMaW2ZU&NR=1

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Lammo wrote:
Well said and just one suggestion about an approach. I know it's not generally a good idea to take movie lines on as a philosophy of life but I have found this to work on many occasions. In the movie "Colors", Robert Duvall plays the grizzled old veteran and Sean Penn plays the gung ho rookie. Penn can't understand why Duvall shows the gang bangers any measure of respect. Duvall responds with a story about two bulls. I'll clean it up a bit in case any of your youngsters might be reading over your shoulder.

A papa bull and his son are looking down on their herd from a grassy hillside. The son says, "Hey pop, let's run down there and have us one of those cows." Papa replies, "No son, we're going to walk down there, and have them all."

It puts a modern, streetwise spin on catching more flies with honey than vinegar. The antis always expect us to come running in with guns blazing - - confuse the heck out of them and walk.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHcoMMaW2ZU&NR=1
Respect goes a long way growing up and dealing with folks in a lot of bad neighborhoods. Ignoring showing fear can get you in just as much trouble as being a smart *** and hostile. A simple nod and polite acknowledgment can keep you out of many bad situations.

This applies to anti's who might be hostile too, I have had several good conversations with folks who don't like guns but because of a good demeanor, holding doors open and being polite, they ended up respecting my right to carry.

This also applies to our discussions here, ad hominem attacks do nothing for the points your are trying to make. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

Also if we look at John's new post in General Discussion we should be focusing our discussions more in line with the rules. Something I will striving to work harder on.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Asking a group as large as this to agree on everything is beyond ludicrous. Even if I belonged to a political party (I don't because they are all a bunch of liars at best)Icouldn't and don't agree with everything they say they stand for. What you are asking for is more PC BS. Saying thatI can't disagree with youor you with me is pureinsanity at best and tyranny at the worst. Just ain't gonna happen and a right thinking person would see that. Only zombies agree with the leaders on everything everytime.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Asking a group as large as this to agree on everything is beyond ludicrous. Even if I belonged to a political party (I don't because they are all a bunch of liars at best)Icouldn't and don't agree with everything they say they stand for. What you are asking for is more PC BS. Saying thatI can't disagree with youor you with me is pureinsanity at best and tyranny at the worst. Just ain't gonna happen and a right thinking person would see that. Only zombies agree with the leaders on everything everytime.
Do you have any zombie witnesses to support that statement?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Do you have any zombie witnesses to support that statement?
There you go..................everyone knows that zombie witnesses are as unreliable as politicians.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Eh, I think the point of this thread is to just not cut each others throats out while arguing.

Want to debate? Fine, follow the rules of the forum, and cite your sources, blah blah, just don't do the job of the anti-s by snuffing each other out.

Fear the banhammer!!!

Banhammer_by_SrnX.jpg