• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3/7/10 Open carry meet up

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Don't forget to check the calendar. We have a range day planned with a few things before hand.

Gun show
Lunch
Range day

Sabotage70

imported post

So who's going to the gun show and what time. I'm thinking of getting there around 10:00. That way the line dies down some.
The last time I had my weapon checked at cashman I was told no loaded mags. But the last time I was there I seen some guys that where oc'ing but didn't look like they had there guns checked.
I'm going to be taking my shotgun so I can get a sling for it. So it will be getting checked for sure. I'll have my XDm as my sidearm.
So if anybody went today can they post if they had to leave there loaded mags in the vehicles. That way I won't have to walk back out to my truck.

doninvegas

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
So who's going to the gun show and what time. I'm thinking of getting there around 10:00. That way the line dies down some.
The last time I had my weapon checked at cashman I was told no loaded mags. But the last time I was there I seen some guys that where oc'ing but didn't look like they had there guns checked.
I'm going to be taking my shotgun so I can get a sling for it. So it will be getting checked for sure. I'll have my XDm as my sidearm.
So if anybody went today can they post if they had to leave there loaded mags in the vehicles. That way I won't have to walk back out to my truck.
I messed up today...I got there very early, stood in line for an hr with my 1911 on my hip loaded...I walked in the wrong door as the doors opened and dident see the guy checking the guns so i just walk right in...no one said anything to me for about a half hr ...then i seen the line to check the guns...to late...so i took the gun off and put it in the truck till the line died down...He ask for a DL AND a Blue card, but if you dident have the blue card it was ok..he only ask if my gun was loaded, i said no and handed it to him..
he put a tie on it and i was ok...no problems:D

Kathy England

imported post

How many are going to lunch at Maggoo's? If I don't sleep through my alarm I'm planning on going.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Man the last few meeting have been rainy days. Is the weather really going to rain out our range day.

BTW I plan on showing up at the gun show about 9:30. It's on the calendar so that's when I'll be there. Look for the guy who's buying an insane amount of ammo! JK

doninvegas

imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
Man the last few meeting have been rainy days. Is the weather really going to rain out our range day.

BTW I plan on showing up at the gun show about 9:30. It's on the calendar so that's when I'll be there. Look for the guy who's buying an insane amount of ammo! JK
There were guys there at 8am Saturday...went directly to the AMMO with 2 wheel carts and then to there cars with 1000's of rounds....almost wiped the guy out of certain sizes...I was so bad and the line was so long to pay for the ammo i finally put the 45 back and went to another table...saving a dollar a box dident make much sense.....

see ya at 9:30:D

one5oh2nv

imported post

Wish I could go. Got to work at 11. Thinking of making a stop at discount on the way in to throw a couple rounds down range. If you guys go have fun!

flagellum

imported post

Looking out my Window it looks Rain-free. I'm still down for lunch/range. Even with a drizzle, you are under a cover at the range. Shouldn't be an issue.

flagellum

imported post

Went to the range after you guys took off, was a lot of fun. No rain, a little windy though.

Met a couple USAF guys while I was there. One was a vet, (amazing shot btw) and a newbie and his GF. He also happened to OC too. Kind of cool. I told him about OCDO, but the way he reacted to it sounded as though he may have had a bad experience here in the past, idk. At least nice to know that there are others out there who OC too.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Who all went. While I was at lunch my wife calls and tells me that a friend of hers passed away last night so I had to go talk to her. Sorry for missing the fun.

GoDSpeeD

Sabotage70

imported post

flagellum wrote:
Went to the range after you guys took off, was a lot of fun.  No rain, a little windy though.

Met a couple USAF guys while I was there.  One was a vet, (amazing shot btw) and a newbie and his GF.  He also happened to OC too.  Kind of cool.  I told him about OCDO, but the way he reacted to it sounded as though he may have had a bad experience here in the past, idk.  At least nice to know that there are others out there who OC too.

Damn dude, I would have gone out there with you. Oh well. I have some something planned for sat. But next Sunday if we get another day planned I can get my wife to go.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

It's alright. We knew he was getting ready to go so last week she made sure to visit him one last time. She has to sing in the funeral and what not. I met him a few times, nice guy.

GoDSpeeD

flagellum

imported post

Photo off of my blackberry. Didn't turn out bad. My collection, minus my Mosin Nagant and M1 Carbine. I'll be busy the next couple Sunday's, but I'm sure we can set up another range day some time. All depends when most people are free.