• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Cabela's and Fleet Farm

Canard

imported post

First for me.

Cabela's in Slinger and Fleet Farm in Germantown.

Shopping for some B-day gifts at Cabela's and asked for help from a few staff and spent about 15 min with one guy who helped me order something to have shipped. While I was being helped I overheard a woman talking to her husband about how "those are supposed to be checked at the front". Otherwise only a few people that I noticed saw it.

Fleet Farm was relatively uneventful aside from the woman behind the gun counter. She was on the phone and her eyes got really big when she saw mine sidearm. They didn't have what I was looking for so I left.

You know, it took a lot to get up the nerve to OC and even when I believe everything I'm doing is perfectly legal and it is my right to protect myself it still feels like I'm doing something wrong. Another reason to continue OC'ing I suppose; not only to normalize others but myself as well.

johnny amish

imported post

rock on :celebrate I can tell you from experience you have nothing to be afraid of. Just remember to keep cool when you get questioned by store management, general public,or the police. I say when because it will happen. Carry on my friend...

MKEgal

imported post

Canard wrote:
Cabela's in Slinger and Fleet Farm in Germantown.

Fleet Farm was relatively uneventful aside from the woman behind the gun counter.
She was on the phone and her eyes got really big when she saw mine sidearm. They
didn't have what I was looking for so I left.

I've been in both places, with no problem. I sort of mentally ignore the gun, pretending
that my belt is bare,and I think other people pick up on that, 'cause nobody has ever said
boo to me about it.

(No, I don't actually forget it's there... it's sort of like when I'm riding I have the attitude
that I'm invisible. I don't think I actually am, but it puts me in the right mindset.)

Now I was at the Waukesha Farm & Fleet Sunday on my way home from Fletcher's, and
the other customer at the service desk kept eyeing my holster, but the staff didn't bat an
eye. Then since they didn't have what I wanted, I went to a fabric store on Bluemound &
nobody there seemed to notice, either.

What's all this rubbish about scaring people??

hardballer

imported post

Congratulations. I agree, the first time was nerve racking for me. I got past that fairly quickly though and now I feel naked without those 3.6 lbs. hanging off to one side. I balance that with a couple of mags and a SureFire on the other side so no worries about falling over.

Have fun, be safe.

Write, speak, do.

hardballer