• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield Armory

jpm84092

imported post

I have just finished writing the CEO of Springfield Armory and now want to share my story with others.

Last Sunday, while practicing Gun Control so that I could put each round where I wanted it, the spring guide rod fell out of my Springfield Model 1911 Ultra Compact. It did not render the weapon unsafe, but field stripping for cleaning would be "exciting".

I contacted Springfield on Monday and spoke with a customer service rep who seemed genuinely concerned that a part that is not suppose to break had failed. She told me she would send a replacement before the end of the day.

The part arrived today and I repaired the Model 1911, but what surprised me was a note on the "no charge" invoice that read "Sorry for the inconvenience Jim". Now that is a great warranty (lifetime) and awesome customer service.

zack991

imported post

Rock River Arms did the same thing for me when my Online gun dealer took off my bolt catch of my AR lower and shipped it to me missing. I called RRA and they sent me a replacement ASAP