• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2010 opencarry picnic

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As soon as any are planned I'm sure they will be posted here, so you shouldn't have to ask. :p

barronburke

imported post

I have a ok yard but Im in a school zone and have limited parking on the property so that raises challenges but I would be willing to try something.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

barronburke wrote:
logan wrote:
As soon as any are planned I'm sure they will be posted here, so you shouldn't have to ask. :p

I was asking because I was interested in planning or helping plan one.:question:
Heh sorry. Just been a lot of these posts lately saying something about an open carry picnic in the subject, then you open it just to find somebody asking about one. Get disappointed when you find out there's no picnic :cry:

barronburke

imported post

logan wrote:
barronburke wrote:
logan wrote:

I was asking because I was interested in planning or helping plan one.:question:
Heh sorry. Just been a lot of these posts lately saying something about an open carry picnic in the subject, then you open it just to find somebody asking about one. Get disappointed when you find out there's no picnic :cry:
Ya I understand Everything currently being planned is in the northern area where I used to live and I dont Know many people that carry In this area (waukesha) so I was just wanting to know if some people wanted to get together and have some kind of cook out or outing also what are the leagalities of open carring or firearms in general in a county park ie. Minooka park in waukesha the have an archery range many little party areas with grills and a lake anyone have any ideas would love to here them thanks.

M

McX

imported post

waukesha sounds reasonably close to racine. plan it for a sunday, and we'll be there!

Passive101

imported post

I need to know 2-3 weeks in advance since my work schedule is supposed to be made out 3 weeks in advance, but it usually only 2.

bigdaddy1

imported post

The city of Greenfield recently amended the local ordinance to authorize open carry in city owned parks. I was thinking of having an open carry picnic in a city park this summer. I have not had an opportunity to check into it as yet. I was planning on checking with the city in a few weeks. I will post the info once I get to it.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I still think that a picnic in a county owned park would be well served since Milwaukee County still has an ordinance prohibiting the possession of firearms on county park lands. We could even invite the Sheriff's Department. Greenfield Park (in West Allis) would have been a good location since it is a stone's throw from WAPD.

barronburke

imported post

I have talked to waukesha county parks dept and the said they allow Bows, in designated areas in Minooka. But not any kind of firearms. This seems contradictory Bows or cross bows but not pistols in holsters. Not cool!!!!:banghead:

MKEgal

imported post

Doesn't WI have preemption?
So if the state doesn't mention county or city parks being prohibited...

And I think someone had mentioned bringing a grill to Fletcher's and doing a cookout in
their parking lot. We were waiting for (more probable)warmer weather.