Thread: Pre/Post Surgery and Open Carry or CCW

Post imported post

Howdy all, since this is the CA Forum, I have a question on firearm ownership, CCW, and Open Carry with the use of Pain medication.

If someone is scheduled for surgery, there are therapeutic exercises the surgeon recommends along with the use of non-narcotic and narcotic pain medication.

How would this affect the patient with open carry and or ccw?

Just for the trolls & devils advocates, how about the medicinal use of medical marijuana ? ? ?

All medications legal under state law, how would that translate into the wonderful world of firearms?

Post imported post

Legal, though not always advisable. Exercise caution and good judgment.

Post imported post

Anything that could land you a DUI/DWI could also be considered "judgment impairing". Although legal, probably not advisable if the drugs are mind-altering in effect.

However, it would really depend on what you're prescribed.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

I know a couple of individuals who take opiate pain medication for their pain. One of them is also in a wheelchair.

They carry.

Part of carrying is being responsible, as the sober man of my clique I am often handed a bevvy of firearms when the boys start knocking them back.

Post imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
    I know a couple of individuals who take opiate pain medication for their pain. One of them is also in a wheelchair.

They carry.

Part of carrying is being responsible, as the sober man of my clique I am often handed a bevvy of firearms when the boys start knocking them back.
    that is exactly what I was referring to, opiate pain medication.

I know at least three people who pack (legally- both ccw and openly) and are injured, requiring orthapedic surgery. I tossed in the medical mj- just to see the legality of it, because fed law states its a drug, while state law states its a medication, if legally rx'd.