• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey Ill be new to GA in a few months I got questions

stuckinchico

imported post

Ill be moving to Valdosta GA in june from Chico CA. I just realized my CCW aint accepted there. How easy is it to get a ccw?? Are there some laws that is need to be aware of that differ from CA strict A*n*l laws?? thanks for the help

moga

imported post

I think that you will find the process to obtain a Georgia Firearms License (GFL) quite a bit less difficult than a CA CHP. There is not a training requirement to apply for the license, and concealed carry is not stipulated in our legal code. Because Georgia is a shall issue state, the issuing authority must issue the license within 60 days barring a disqualifying offense on your criminal record. In practice, some times the process takes longer than 60 days, depending on the county from which you apply, but you will get it. Also, there is no need to carry your PDW with an empty chamber and mag well in Georgia. As far as the difference in other aspects of our laws, yes. There is a lot to learn. Begin by reading OCGA 16-11-120 through 16-11-135; this body of code is what is known as the Georgia Firearms and Weapons Act. Pay particular attention to 16-11-127. That section of Georgia Code is fairly unique and quite simply, a PITA but you have to familiarize yourself with it to remain on the right side of state law. Good luck and welcome.

rmodel65

imported post

oh yeah dont forget to join GCO too best 15$ a year you can spend to protect your rights ;)