• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff says he'll undermine gun ban

RichardCrainium

imported post

http://www.gazette.com/opinion/state-94668-gun-ban.html

James A. Alderden

“I have told the CSU police chief I will not support this in any way,” Sheriff Alderden told The Gazette. “If anyone with one of my permits gets arrested for concealed carry at CSU, I will refuse to book that person into my jail. Furthermore, I will show up at court and testify on that person’s behalf, and I will do whatever I can to discourage a conviction. I will not be a party to this very poor decision.”

Yooper

imported post

Sheriff Alderden is probably one of the most pro-gun sheriff's in the USA. He had issued thousands of CCW permits to the citizens of his county before the state enacted "shall-issue". Prior to him taking office in '99, there were 4 CCW permits in the county. By eary 2003, he had issued 2,273. He also was a strong advocate of allowing county employees to carry while at work. He even suspended the CCW application fee after 9/11 and instead asked people to donate the money to the victims of that attack.

To bad every sheriff in the country wasn't as pro-gun as he is

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

610x.jpg