• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling with ammunition

ffemt1079

imported post

When placing your cased firarm out of reach in order to travel do you also have to have your ammuniton out of reach and encased? For those who carry a spare magazine or speedloader, do those need to be put in the trunk or out of reach and be encased? Can the spare mag or speedloader stay in position on your belt while you are driving if the firearm is in the trunk?

I've looked through some of the statutes, but only see they are talking about the firearm. Unless I just missed it in my reading.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

ffemt1079 wrote:
When placing your cased firarm out of reach in order to travel do you also have to have your ammuniton out of reach and encased? For those who carry a spare magazine or speedloader, do those need to be put in the trunk or out of reach and be encased? Can the spare mag or speedloader stay in position on your belt while you are driving if the firearm is in the trunk?

I've looked through some of the statutes, but only see they are talking about the firearm. Unless I just missed it in my reading.

Thanks in advance for any input.
There are absolutely zero restrictions on ammo so long as the magazine with ammo in it is not attached to the firearm as then it would not be unloaded.