• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You can open carry your pistol, properly holstered, at the Restore the Constitution rally on 4-19

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

No mention of any other kind of guns here on this thread. Don't misconstrue what this is. This is a rally at a firearms carry legal location as close to DC as possible.

Participants are welcome to carry loaded pistols, properly holstered. However, there is no pressure to even show up armed at all. Unarmed participants are more than welcome to attend.

When: 9AM-5PM, April 19th, 2010 (monday)
Where: Ft. Hunt National Park, Northern VA

Details: Staging area will be Ft. Hunt National Park, located about 12 miles south of DC. Participants will gather there, and a speaking program will be provided. From there, participants will have the opportunity to travel in small convoys up to Gravelly Point Park so they can "step up to the edge." Gravelly Point Park is right on the Potomac, about a mile from the National Mall in DC.

The mission of the “Restore the Constitution” rally is that it be held at a firearms carry-legal location as close to DC as possible and that it attracts as many participants as possible in order to underscore the seriousness and urgency of a simple message: Restore the Constitution!

This event is being coordinated to some degree with the planners of the Second Amendment March (SAM) taking place inside DC itself on the same day. Although they are separate events, they are close enough to each other so that some people may be able to attend both.

Again, I am not calling on anyone to show up armed in any way. We will provide further safety guidelines for those who do choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights at the event, but no one is being specifically instructed to show up armed.

richarcm

imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
No mention of any other kind of guns here on this thread. Don't misconstrue what this is. This is a rally at a firearms carry legal location as close to DC as possible.

Participants are welcome to carry loaded pistols, properly holstered. However, there is no pressure to even show up armed at all. Unarmed participants are more than welcome to attend.

Details: Staging area will be Ft. Hunt National Park, located about 12 miles south of DC. Participants will gather there, and a speaking program will be provided. From there, participants will have the opportunity to travel in small convoys up to Gravelly Point Park so they can "step up to the edge." Gravelly Point Park is right on the Potomac, about a mile from the National Mall in DC.

The mission of the “Restore the Constitution” rally is that it be held at a firearms carry-legal location as close to DC as possible and that it attracts as many participants as possible in order to underscore the seriousness and urgency of a simple message: Restore the Constitution!

This event is being coordinated to some degree with the planners of the Second Amendment March (SAM) taking place inside DC itself on the same day. Although they are separate events, they are close enough to each other so that some people may be able to attend both.

Again, I am not calling on anyone to show up armed in any way. We will provide further safety guidelines for those who do choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights at the event, but no one is being specifically instructed to show up armed.
Who have you been coordinating with at SAM? I'd like to confirm this coordination.

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

richarcm wrote:
BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:

Who have you been coordinating with at SAM? I'd like to confirm this coordination.

I haveupdated SAM's leadershipas to what we are doing, but there is no official linkage.We are in communication with eachother regarding our separate events.If you'd like to confirm details and names on your end, that sounds like something best done outside of anonymous forum postings. PM, email, or callme and I will be glad to fill you in on details.

My name is Daniel Almond.

A good email to reach me at is restoretheconstitution@alarmandmuster.com

and my phone number is 404-788-9735

Part of the reason the RTC rally is going to go on as long as it is so that some participants may attend both events if they so choose.

Thundar

imported post

The title to your thread is kind of funny. We already know we can carry our pistols, properly holstered or not, as well as any other firearms we damn well please, at the Retore the Constitution rally or almost any other place within the Commonwealth.

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

Thundar wrote:
The title to your thread is kind of funny. We already know we can carry our pistols, properly holstered or not, as well as any other firearms we damn well please, at the Retore the Constitution rally or almost any other place within the Commonwealth.

The title, as well as the post, should be within theguidelines of this forum. While most on here are probably pretty familiar with carry laws, they may not be familiar with this particular carry-friendly event.

Also, some folks on here plan on attending the SAM the same day, and that's fine. But, it is possible to attend both this event and SAm on the same day, as they both last at least 6 hours and the Gravelly Point portion of the RTC event is less than 1.5 miles from the national mall where the SAM will be held.

DC Handgun Info

Near D.C. (used to live in DC, good neighborhoods
imported post

Why is there no mention of Western Rifle Shooters' excellent post on this topic with (self-imposed) rules and restrictions on firearms allowed? Read it by clicking here.

Info also at Restoretheconstitution.wordpress.com

Long guns must be EMPTY of ammo, and slung. If not slung, you may be charged with brandishing. All we "need" (Snark) is an agent provocateur to foul this up for us. Should be a fun time!

See my blog, DC Handgun Info, for answers to many questions you may have about D.C. handgun regs.

Long guns are OK to own, so long as they are technologically retarded: no scary looking black rifles or Street Sweepers. Handguns are OK to own (if on the Md. or Calif. "approved handguns" list) inside the home or business only -- but not to be transported outside the home openly or concealed.

See you at the Restore the Constitution Rally, probably. :celebrate

TFred

imported post

DC Handgun Info wrote:
Why is there no mention of Western Rifle Shooters' excellent post on this topic with (self-imposed) rules and restrictions on firearms allowed? Read it by clicking here.

Info also at Restoretheconstitution.wordpress.com

Long guns must be EMPTY of ammo, and slung. If not slung, you may be charged with brandishing. All we "need" (Snark) is an agent provocateur to foul this up for us. Should be a fun time!

See my blog, DC Handgun Info, for answers to many questions you may have about D.C. handgun regs.

Long guns are OK to own, so long as they are technologically retarded: no scary looking black rifles or Street Sweepers. Handguns are OK to own (if on the Md. or Calif. "approved handguns" list) inside the home or business only -- but not to be transported outside the home openly or concealed.

See you at the Restore the Constitution Rally, probably.
Speaking for me only I have never heard of Western Rifle Shooters before now.

Do you have a basis upon which you assert that long guns must be empty?

We cite sources around these here parts... :)

TFred

TFred

DC Handgun Info

Near D.C. (used to live in DC, good neighborhoods
imported post

The organizers are being prudent, and I agree with them, about having unloaded long guns. If you go, you can take ammo with you. If you are fired upon (what are the odds?), you can load and return fire.

Remember, we have to be wary of agent(s) provocateurs (i.e., ATF? FBI? See Hal Turner, and COINTELPRO) getting people at a rally like 4-19-10 to do something stupid.

TFred

imported post

DC Handgun Info wrote:
The organizers are being prudent, and I agree with them, about having unloaded long guns. If you go, you can take ammo with you. If you are fired upon (what are the odds?), you can load and return fire.

Remember, we have to be wary of agent(s) provocateurs (i.e., ATF? FBI? See Hal Turner, and COINTELPRO) getting people at a rally like 4-19-10 to do something stupid.
I understand, and I don't have a problem with the action itself. Your post presented it as a requirement ("MUST be"). I and I believe most people here tend to associate such language with law, and in this case it isn't. It's a suggestion and a desire, which would normally be indicated by something along the lines of "should be", or "we would like" or perhaps even "we strongly suggest".

TFred

Thundar

imported post

TFred wrote:
DC Handgun Info wrote:

I understand, and I don't have a problem with the action itself. Your post presented it as a requirement ("MUST be"). I and I believe most people here tend to associate such language with law, and in this case it isn't. It's a suggestion and a desire, which would normally be indicated by something along the lines of "should be", or "we would like" or perhaps even "we strongly suggest".

TFred
What TFred said.

We need not fear ATF, the FBI or any other agent provocateur. This is Virginia wherefirearms law is what it is, not what some federal agent thinks or wants it to be.

Ask nicely and you may have acceptance of your request. Try to BS us into surrendering our rights and you might end up with 100 locked and loaded AKs.

Live free or die,

Thundar

Jonesy

imported post

Thundar wrote:
TFred wrote:
DC Handgun Info wrote:

TFred
What TFred said.

We need not fear ATF, the FBI or any other agent provocateur. This is Virginia wherefirearms law is what it is, not what some federal agent thinks or wants it to be.

Ask nicely and you may have acceptance of your request. Try to BS us into surrendering our rights and you might end up with 100 locked and loaded AKs.

Live free or die,

Thundar
+1 Thundar, well said my man!!

VaLiberty

imported post

Thundar wrote:

Live free or die,

Thundar
I'm with him.

Regular_Joe

imported post

Thundar wrote
<much snipping>

Live free or die,

Thundar
Dang - I LOVE this country!

6L6GC

imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:

define "properly holstered". What exactly, are your intentions if I choose to carry my pistol in a way that you consider to be improperly holstered? Since you are telling me what I "must" do, what is your enforcement mechanism if I openly disregard your orders?

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

6L6GC wrote:
BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:

define "properly holstered". What exactly, are your intentions if I choose to carry my pistol in a way that you consider to be improperly holstered? Since you are telling me what I "must" do, what is your enforcement mechanism if I openly disregard your orders?
Before getting into that, I'd have to know if you actually have some intention of possibly attending, or if you're merely throwing out a hypothetical.

VaLiberty

imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
Before getting into that, I'd have to know if you actually have some intention of possibly attending, or if you're merely throwing out a hypothetical.
:banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
6L6GC wrote:
BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
2020282090_aa58795dc9.jpg