Thread: Leaders' recon/ dry run, OC pistols only, 4-18 (Sun), Ft. Hunt National Park

Post imported post

We'll be doing a leaders' recon/ dry run on Sunday the 18th of April, in preparation for the big day the next day ("restore" rally mon 19th). This gathering the 18th will be OC pistols only. Convoy leaders will meet up at ft. Hunt National Park and conduct one completely dry run (pistols unloaded, not carried, in trunks of cars) up to Gravelly Point Park and back so as to familiarize themselves with the route so they don't take any wrong turns into DC. Following the dry run, we'll do a "pistols only" run-through of the same route in order to become more comfortable with OC'ing in the area and along the route.

Anyone on here familiar with OC'ing in NoVA is more than welcome to attend this get-together the 18th. No one I know will be carrying anything more than pistols to Ft. Hunt on the 18th.

Post imported post

as long as you don't cross the river (It'd pretty big, and hard to miss) you'll be in Virginia. This extendes right up to the SHORELINE, meaning if you decide to wade into the water (yuch!!) you'd technically be entering Maryland or the District.

so keep your toes (and powder) dry and you should be OK.
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

I would like to attend. I live in the Mt Vernon area. Do you have a time yet?

Post imported post

Start time and meetup to be noon. More info:

http://muster4-19.ning.com/events/le...on-and-dry-run

Post imported post

vt800c wrote:
    as long as you don't cross the river (It'd pretty big, and hard to miss) you'll be in Virginia. This extendes right up to the SHORELINE, meaning if you decide to wade into the water (yuch!!) you'd technically be entering Maryland or the District.

so keep your toes (and powder) dry and you should be OK.
    Yuck. I wouldn't want to get any of that crappy Maryland or DC water on me! :shock::P

(look at an aerial photograph of the Potomac, and you'll see a bunch of brown polluted water flowing into the Potomac from the Anacostia.

Post imported post

Yep; that's why we're doing a dry run prior to the Big Day.