• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner in Warrenton!

Regular_Joe

imported post

Join us as we host one of the first Open Carry dinners in beautiful Warrenton, Virginia!

CM-Capture-13-300x187.png

Time: 7:00pm
Date: 25 March 2010

Restaurant: http://www.redhotandblue.com/
Address: 360 Broadview Avenue,Warrenton, VA 20186
Map & Directions

Confirmed:
Regular_Joe (w/3 guests)
Livitup (w/3 guests)
sportwinger
Southernboy
Mailman

Total: 11

Maybe:
casullshooter
joeamt

Total: 2

(This dinner is part of the OC dinner events held every 4th Thursday in the 'greater' Culpeper area.)

orca

imported post

Hi,I just joined the web-site. Dauntin g for a rookie. I live in the S.F. Bay area, and want to attend an open carry event. Can you steer me in the right direction?

bdrjr_007@yahoo.com

Thanks

Brian

hunter45

imported post

orca wrote:
Hi, I just joined the web-site. Dauntin g for a rookie. I live in the S.F. Bay area, and want to attend an open carry event. Can you steer me in the right direction?

bdrjr_007@yahoo.com

Thanks

Brian

Well, for starters, maybe you should be looking in the California forum. If you take a look at a map you will see that Virginia is 3,000 or so miles away from San Francisco.

Regular_Joe

imported post

orca wrote:
Hi,I just joined the web-site. Dauntin g for a rookie. I live in the S.F. Bay area, and want to attend an open carry event. Can you steer me in the right direction?

bdrjr_007@yahoo.com

Thanks

Brian
Welcome to the forum, Brian! You are right - there are a lot of threads here! First, check out the State thread for California. You'll connect with folks that live nearby, and can inquire about local Open Carry events such as dinners.

Second, check out the general forums under Open Carry Brigade - this is where you'll find discussions regarding Open Carry, equipment, carry methods, political activity and other topics of general interest.

Don't hesitate to post any questions you might have - this forum has several experienced and knowledgeable members that can point you to specific legal and educational information.

Good luck, and send me a message via this forum if you have any trouble finding your way around.

casullshooter

imported post

Actually we have had two open carry meets at McMahon's Irish restaurant next door a couple of years ago. The owners are very gun-friendly and the food is much better there as well.

I will try to make it .

Regular_Joe

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Actually we have had two open carry meets at McMahon's Irish restaurant next door a couple of years ago. The owners are very gun-friendly and the food is much better there as well.

I will try to make it .
Cool - we had no idea! We'll make McMahon's our next Warrenton event!

(ETA 'maybe')

Mailman

imported post

I plan on being there. I have attended two other meetings. Looking forward to meeting some fellow OCers.

PaulX608

imported post

I really wanted to attend this event as my intro to this site and community, but my daughter has a school musical program tomorrow night. I will be OC'ing around the area as usual. Hope I can attend the next one in the area.

Regular_Joe

imported post

PaulX608 wrote:
I really wanted to attend this event as my intro to this site and community, but my daughter has a school musical program tomorrow night. I will be OC'ing around the area as usual. Hope I can attend the next one in the area.
Family always comes first. We have these dinners in the Culpeper/Warrenton area every 4th Thursday - watch this forum for the next announcement!

PaulX608

imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
Family always comes first. We have these dinners in the Culpeper/Warrenton area every 4th Thursday - watch this forum for the next announcement!

Will do. Thursday is my regular day off. Culpeper is a bit far for me, but Warrenton is cool. I'll keep my eyes out for the next oppotunity. Thanks.

Regular_Joe

imported post

We had a great time tonight meeting you guys - glad everyone was able to make it!

Watch the forum for the announcement of the next 'Greater Culpeper' OC dinner event!