Thread: New tool

Post imported post

Just picked up a SW99 .40 s&w, night sights, 3 mags, extra front sights, extra back strap inserts, and a progressive reloading press.

The gun is a Walther P99 frame imported by Smith and then fitted with the slide and barrel made by S&W.

They chamber this gun in 9mm, 40s&w and 45ACP.

Post imported post

Very nice plastic gun for the wheel gun guy to pick up! If you carry it in a black holster no one will ever see it, it just blends right in, trust me I know.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    Very nice plastic gun for the wheel gun guy to pick up! If you carry it in a black holster no one will ever see it, it just blends right in, trust me I know.
    PLASTIC? Aw Jeeze, I should have asked you first. After reading nearly 20 reviews on the gun and having sold probably more that that number of them, I could not pass up the buy on this one. $320.00 off gun broker. A dealer friend had it as a police turn in, and called me to let me know about it.

Post imported post

Very nice! Extremely jealous too!
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Post imported post

Indeed a sweet one, congratzz
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    gogodawgs wrote:
    PLASTIC? Aw Jeeze, I should have asked you first. After reading nearly 20 reviews on the gun and having sold probably more that that number of them, I could not pass up the buy on this one. $320.00 off gun broker. A dealer friend had it as a police turn in, and called me to let me know about it.
    Great gun. My wife has the S&W compact 9 M&P. Smith and Wesson makes some good solid stuff. After shooting hers and my glock, my glock is always way more dirty for some reason.

Lucky guy with the connections. I was drooling when a deputy was at Kesselring's getting his dibs on the LEA turn ins he had quite the list. Great guy and supporter of gun rights.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Hey Jim, what was that you were saying about me getting a Glock a couple months ago?
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

I think it was something like..... If you had a choice between a real gun and a Glock, which would you take?

As much as I bad mouth the Glock, it is a good gun, My problem with them is simple. I have yet to shoot one that I can hit point of aim. The ergonomics result in point of impact is ALWAYS low and left. If I can find one that shoots to point like my Sig 229, 2240 SigPro, SW99 or any of my revolvers, I will buy it.

Post imported post

Soooooooooooo, all the $ you're saving by getting free coffee with a cup someone, ahem, gave you, you buy a gun that I should have gotten! Let's have a P.O. meet so we can have a look see. :celebrate

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    I think it was something like..... If you had a choice between a real gun and a Glock, which would you take?

As much as I bad mouth the Glock, it is a good gun, My problem with them is simple. I have yet to shoot one that I can hit point of aim. The ergonomics result in point of impact is ALWAYS low and left. If I can find one that shoots to point like my Sig 229, 2240 SigPro, SW99 or any of my revolvers, I will buy it.
    Stick with the Sig229, not a better gun IMHO.
    Live Free or Die!